Your first RPG?

WiccaVamp

Jun 26, 2009
I'm not sure if it was Chrono Trigger or FF6 but I still love both of those games. Tales of Destiny is still my fav in its series as well.

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Rented Baldur's Gate from the library waaaaay back. Back then I didn't really understand much of it, but just thought it was awesome that I could make a blue gnome with blue hair, but I returned to it later, with greater understanding, and it was awesome.

Harb

May 2, 2010
Might and Magic V: Darkside of Xeen. But that's a really long time ago :). Since that game, I don't like dragons, no matter how cute they are.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Some sort of NES dungeons and dragons game... I forget the name, but I didn't understand the rules being an 8 year old at the time, so it didn't get played LONG.

Apr 29, 2010
Damn, I think my first RPG was Pokemon Yellow(shut up), although I never considered it as a true RPG, but that's just me.

Geofuji

May 2, 2010
It was FF7, i saw it at a used game stall and knew nothing of the genre, I got it mainly cause I was intrested in why the games disk case was thicker than the other ps1 games I had played lol. After that I played alot of them including Grandia which was indeed awesome, but not so much now.

Walkchalk

Nov 9, 2009
My first was Golden Sun on the GBA. I remember my cousin was over one day with it, and he was playing it. He was stuck on one of the bosses, the Chimera in the desert I think, and he let me try it. I owned that thing on my first try, then went out and bought the game. Never stopped playing RPGs since then. Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2 remain to be my favorite RPGs of all time.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Pokemon Blue. But at the time I didn't even know what an RPG was. So I'll go with good ol' Kingdom Hearts. *raises flame shields*

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
WiccaVamp said:
I'm not sure if it was Chrono Trigger or FF6 but I still love both of those games. Tales of Destiny is still my fav in its series as well.
I own that game. That was the Tales game with the talking swords, right?

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Diablo 2. One of the best RPG's to start with, I think. Even better was the fact that I could play it through with three mates - oh yeah! Then we modded it with the Chaos mod for even more stuff... yeah, Diablo and I have quite some history now. I've got Diablo 3 on pre-order. Please, Blizzard, hurry up!

CGAdam

Nov 20, 2009
Another FF VII here. I didn't really start playing games at all until the PSX, so it was a pretty fun change back then.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I would say it was the original Fallout for me. I dabbled a bit in some Nintendo RPGs like Dragon Warrior, but Fallout is the first one I played earnestly, all the way through. My young mind was blown by the size of The Hub.

HyruleanHyroe

Oct 30, 2008
90% of these guys must be 12-13 years old....

Breath of Fire on NES was my first, but Earthbound on SNES was my favorite (and still is).

Extreme Pajamas

Apr 2, 2010
Final Fantasy. Yes, the FIRST Final Fantasy on the NES, and at that age me and my older sisters had no idea what to do after killing Garland.

If we were to have ever found out what the story was after the four chosen crystal people that make up your party, the confusion would have made our heads explode. Actually...it still confuses me after beating the Dawn of Souls version on the GBA.