Your Game of the Decade and of 2009

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
JoGribbs said:
Game of the Year is Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game of the Decade though? that's a hard one. Either The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask or Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
think of it like this

Majora's Mask = Perfectly Programmed
Sands of Time = Glitch Frenzy (including glitches that force you to start the game again)

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Best Game 2009: Dragon Age
Best Game 2000 - 2009: Oblivion
That, or maybe they should switch places. I'm not sure...

Anyway, it's always good to see some who likes fantasy over Mass Effect Sci-Fi and FO3-grey.

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
Game of decade: HL2.
Game of 2009: Fuck, I didn't play any '09 games this year.
Oh wait, there was that Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith edition...
so TFUUSE wins by default!

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
GOTY: Killzone 2 or L4D2
Game of the Decade: Ratchet and clank, a game i have loved ever since i got it. A master piece if you ask me.

ShankHA32

May 10, 2009
Game of the Year: Fallout 3.
OH DAMMIT im always behind on these things....*shuffles around for a bit*........AC2.....i guess? OH wait L4D2...yeah....

Game of the Decade: Starcraft Brood War.
SHIT that didnt come out this decade....err...umm.......Team Fortresse 2.

JoGribbs

May 3, 2009
antigodoflife said:
think of it like this

Majora's Mask = Perfectly Programmed
Sands of Time = Glitch Frenzy (including glitches that force you to start the game again)
If a game is well designed, then glitches can become incidental problems.

It's not the technical prowess of those games that impress me, otherwise I would have chosen something much more recent, and much more technically impressive, like Resident Evil 5 or Crysis or something. What attracts me to both games is that they're atmospheric, engaging, and psychologically complex. It's the power of ideas, feelings and emotions which makes me love them so much.

Not that Majora's Mask was even well put together for an N64 title. But considering the entire thing was developed in a single year, that's understandable.