Nov 21, 2009
miracleofsound said:
WarmasterPopey said:
miracleofsound said:
HassEsser said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Decade: World of Warcraft
2009: Modern Warfare 2
Excuse me, but MW2 doesn't deserve any more of our attention. That game is one of the worst games of the decade, and is the worst of the year.
Care to elaborate on why it's so bad?

Quite a biased opinion there, and it is certainly not one of the worst games of the year.

Nor is is it your place to imply that he should not give it attention if he enjoys it.

It's a perfectly functional shooter in single player, with a reasonable multiplayer that could do with some patches.
I'd say we find it so horrible because after how excellent the first was, MW2 was utterly disappointing. It's like getting a free four-course catering meal one night, then going back the next night and getting a steaming mound of shit splattered over your face. A crappy simile, perhaps, but it suffices.
I understand people feel this way, but in what way did you feel it was inferior? Story? Mechanics? Multiplayer?
No lean, no dev console, no dedicated servers, and the campaign was too short and too uninspired. Based purely on it's own merits it's probably a perfectly functional FPS that is neither above nor below average, but I find it impossible to not compare it to MW1.

Syl4r

Nov 15, 2009
GameS of the decade: TF2. I have had so much fun with this game it's unreal. The same with Fallout 3, HL2, Audiosurf, and Vendetta Online. FUCK ITS TOO HARD D:. I also love warcraft 3 and command and conquer: red alert 2. Ohhhh but theres also star wars: battlefront 2! Oh and Doom 3!
Game of the year: Still too hard to say. L4D2, MW2, and DJ hero to name a few.

This decade has been excellent for gaming, there are too many good'uns.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Decade: Um...I'd go for Viva Pinata. Or FF X. Can I have a joint GoTD?
2009: A tie (again) between Modern Warfare 2 and Colin McRae: DIRT 2. Damn, both are good fun.

Iampringles

Dec 13, 2008
GOTY: I don't know, I haven't played many games that have come out in 2009. MW2 I guess?
GOTD: I'd have to go with Fallout 3, or San Andreas. Or possibly Pokémon silver. I cannot decide.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
My 2cp:

GotD - Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Of the various games I've played over the years this DS game, hands down, is the one I've gotten the most replay out of.

GotY - Batman: Arkham Asylum (So, so, awesome. Got me to buy a 360 just so I could play it.)

Runner up for either category: Scribblenauts (Cute-looking puzzles solved by near-infinite possibilities.)

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
TraumaHound said:
My 2cp:

GotD - Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Of the various games I've played over the years this DS game, hands down, is the one I've gotten the most replay out of.

GotY - Batman: Arkham Asylum (So, so, awesome. Got me to buy a 360 just so I could play it.)

Runner up for either category: Scribblenauts (Cute-looking puzzles solved by near-infinite possibilities.)
Wait, so you don't know it's multiplatform? I'm sure you would of had some sort of machine to run your games before you bought it.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
Flamezdudes said:
Wait, so you don't know it's multiplatform? I'm sure you would of had some sort of machine to run your games before you bought it.
Uh...what's multiplatform? Geometry Wars? I've played it (well, the demo) on the 360 and I have GW:G on the Wii. I've still logged the most hours on the DS' version. I like the arcade-action, it's the perfect game for me to pick up, beat a highscore or 2, then set back down.

Same reason my all-time favorite home-videogame is Yars' Revenge (with my all-time favorite arcade game being Asteroids.) Despite many, many years of gaming I still gravitate to the classics or the classic-feeling: Drop in a quarter (or press START) then play for the highest score you can. That's good-gaming, to me. :D

Njaard

Sep 17, 2009
Game of the decade for me must be Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, or more precisely the custom map named Defense of The Ancients. I have no idea how many hours I've pumped into that map, but I'm sure it's getting close to 1000. No shitting. As for game of the year I'd say Borderlands. I luff mah lightening shootin' SMG.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Game of the decade: Final Fantasy 10.

Indeed it is the greatest game of all time. Fantastic characters, sweet summons and a MIND BLOWINGLY AWESOME story, nothing has surpassed this game in terms of story.

Game of 2009: Dissidia: Final Fantasy.

Being the Final Fantasy nut that I am, I have to go with this. The main thing I look for in a game is length, 99% of the time it's length of story (hence Final Fantasy 10 up there) but this game has kept me entertained for ages, I've clocked 250 hours so far and it's still going strong.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
the decade ...GTA SA ... and 2009 ? ... well cod mw2 ... even though i rarely play it anymore

cj_iwakura

Mar 2, 2009
Decade: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Year: Devil Summoner 2? Didn't play all that many 09 games.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
HassEsser said:
Ben Bazooka said:
HassEsser said:
Ben Bazooka said:
Decade is such a long time.

Decade: Diablo II
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Counter-Strike

2009: Dragon Age: Origins
Very nice choices, those are all terrific games.

But this is my list
Year: Uncharted 2
Decade: Half-Life 2
Thank you sir. Half-life 2 is certainly a great game. Don't know Uncharted 2, but I'm a pure PC gamer so it's not that odd. As someone noticed: Half-Life is actually from 1998, so I got to take that back from my list.
Yes, I saw that, and considered it. Half-Life is always worth mentioning, nonetheless.

As for Uncharted 2, any person who appreciates the great story, and driving game mechanics will love Uncharted 2, and you should check it out if you get the opportunity. It definitely rivals HL2 in my own personal top 5 games. It came in second, naturally. I platinumed Uncharted 2 and loved every minute of it.
Sounds like a good game then. Hope I'll get that opportunity some day.