Your gaming White Whale

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I've beaten all the games I owned expect one that I've lost, and that's Earthworm Jim on the SNES. I'm gonna slaughter that whale when I buy it again off Wiiware next year though.

Oh yeah, and Decent on computer as well. I flip out usually when I have to beat a timer, but one day I'm sure to get through it.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
On Shinobido 2 for the Vita, the final boss on the ultra difficulty can kill you pretty much in one hit. And you have to land at least a 100 hits before he dies. Also, if you run away, he can shoot a freakin' lazerbeam that goes through walls, so it's hard even to run away from him without him killing you from a distance.

Therefore, I always plant about 15 or so mines on the floor, lure him on it, and watch as he blows out of the sky. This is actually really difficult and it takes me several tries before I get him to do it. Not so much cheating, but I guess not the way the programmers were intending you to face him.

Goes without saying, when it comes to point and click adventure games, I more often than not use a walkthrough on various sections.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Time Splitters 2, co-op, robot factory, and here's the kicker... on normal difficulty. Goddamn it that level is hard >,<

Meatrod05

Jun 13, 2011
Mine would have to be Boss Battles on Intense in Super Smash Bros Brawl. For some reason I've just never been able to pull it off.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
saintdane05 said:
Getting all of the Riddler Trophies in the Batman games.
As someone who has found all the Riddler trophies in Arkham City, I can attest to this "white whale." Obtaining all of them was not easy in any way, of that I can assure you. I wish the best of luck to you should you still be attempting to find them all.

OT: Shit, that's a tough question for me.

To this day I have never completed Jersey Devil on the PS1. That game is hard.

ThisGuyLikesNoTacos

Dec 7, 2012
Clayton in Tarzan for ps1. I could never beat him until very recently, and he proved to be quite difficult even now that I'm older.

Some people already mentioned Uncharted 2 and 3, but the original on crushing is where it's really at: Few pistol shots kill you, low ammo, ton of enemies and little to no cover.

I had to watch a walkthrough for the church part.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Becoming King of Pendor in a mount & Blade Mod. The game can be brutally difficult and while I can fight my way into a halfway decent kingdom I still have to kill off the other rulers, which is easier said than done.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
Binnsyboy said:
Is your username a Dark Tower reference, or are you just a Swedish person who enjoys turtles?
It certainly is, I'm not, but I do like the creatures.

Gethsemani said:
Oh God, that Armstrong fight brings back memories. I remember trying to take him down in every way possible during my first playthrough but failing. Eventually I managed to glitch the game by, somehow, jumping on top of him and smacking him on the top of his head until he gave in. Every subsequent playthrough (which amounts to a good 6 or 7, I absolutely adored NOLF) I beat the Armstrong fight in the same way: Jump on top of him and wail away.
Well, I certainly am going to try that.

Errr, any tips on Volkov? I can't reach that goddamn gun before he tears me to shreds. He does too much unavoidable damage too quickly.

hoboman29

Jul 5, 2011
Littaly said:
Time Splitters 2, co-op, robot factory, and here's the kicker... on normal difficulty. Goddamn it that level is hard >,<
Ninjas....damn
Well mine is more like beating the game but my huge issue with robot factory is how long it is WITHOUT using hit and run tactics on the numerous gun turrets and fuck you enemies who are not only durable as a fallout shelter but have no headshot spot. The worst part is my copy is broken so I can't try anymore

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I want to beat Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja difficulty. Anyone who's played it knows how ludicrous this concept is. Of course, I like a challenge... or a brick wall to bash my head against.

How the fuck did I fail the captcha when it was a drop down menu answer????

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
CrimsonBlaze said:
The last boss fight of Sonic Unleashed.

It's a really annoying boss fight with little chance of me actually finishing, as it was so hard to get there (the previous level was 20 mins long w/o dying and involved me having to switch between Sonic and his Werehog form). I'm sure I might just dedicate some time to going back and finishing it, but not right now.
It's not that hard. You just have to know to block. When Dark Gaia fires his laser or throws really fast flaming rocks, just block, or punch the rocks. But always block the laser and move out of the way of it. Simplest thing I can tell you.

OT: Getting the Triforce pieces in Wind Waker. I love Wind Waker, probably one of my all time favorite Zelda games, but man, I just need to get the motivation to get those pieces. I'll probably use the internet to tell me where the pieces are and just skip getting the triforce maps entirely. Also, I guess actually beating the real Ocarina of Time. I've beaten OoT 3D, now I just need to do it on the actual thing. I'll get around to it soon!

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Completing a 1% run in Metroid Fusion without save states. Not that I've done it with save states but still.