Your GOTY

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
I have two games i'd like to put forward, Portal 2 as it was thoroughly enjoyable and made me laugh out of my chair or Left 4 Dead 2, which i realise didn't come out this year, but until this year i haven't owned a decent PC on which i can play games, so i only just got it and it's a barrel of blood soaked fun :D

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
distortedreality said:
EzraPound said:
TheRussian said:
Portal 2. A level of perfection that has not been matched by any game this whole year. Every nanosecond of this game is pure gold.
This.
Double this.

With better thought out boss battles, DXHR probably would of been up there, but that and the Witcher 2 are a distant second to Portal 2. Valve at their absolute best imo.

That may change after No-timetodoanythingotherthangame-vember, but I can't see anything realistically topping Portal 2.
That's the way I'm feeling, too--I mean, Arkham City is great, but the conceptual intelligence of Portal 2 has been sorely lacking in other titles I've played this year, most of which prefer to play it straight-faced even as they shine on the design end. November's two big skies--Rim and Ward Sword--could top it, but from where I'm standing it's doubtful.

To be clear: Portal 2 is probably one of the best fifty or a hundred games ever made, and may even be--as Gabe Newell suggested--Valve's best. Nothing else I've played this year elevates itself so effortlessly into the pantheon.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Now I have played all the major games (I know I won't like Skyrim) I have to go with Dark Souls.

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
I'm surprised at how often Bastion comes up.

It's a decent game but all it has going for it is a trippy setting and clever narrative. Gameplay is pretty basic and I find myself increasingly not caring for the final objective.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
At this stage likely Portal 2, but there are a few months to go, and a handful of games I'm really looking forward too, Batman AC (waiting on PC version), Saint's Row 3, and Skyrin of course.

synulia

Mar 1, 2011
Thank you so much. Excuse me while I kill myself.

Only joking, don't call the cops on me.

Captcha: ntanlkd 1850-1920
wut

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Although I haven't played a lot of this year's games, I can pretty safely say Portal 2, by a pretty huge margin.

IKSA

Jun 30, 2011
This will be hard decison between Deus Ex:HR and Skyrim but we will see when it comes out

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Either Dark Souls or Bastion. I think the debate'll get harder once Skyrim comes out.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
I'd like to say Battlefield 3 and possibly Skyrim. I'll see which it is when Skyrim actually comes out.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
SuperRobot64 said:
Skyward Sword..................in time
Yeah same here, only game I am will get this year...
I don't have too much time playing video games at teh moment so when I play it's chatting wih my Kin members in Lotro...