Your greatest fear?

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Being unable to be there for/protect someone I love when they need me. As such I am petrified of leaving my cell phone anywhere other than in my pocket.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Withering disease and disability through such (i.e. Blindess via Diabetes), including mental illness which may lead me to harm myself or others.

So ultimately; The Unknown, especially also relating to religion (The Da Vinci Code scared me shitless, I'll admit). The idea that there are people in the world who believe billions of people will be condemned to eternal suffering for doing so little wrong in a world of religous war.

Being Rick Rolled ¬_¬

Well that was pleasant as repeated stab wounds ¬_¬

AssassinX66

Mar 22, 2009
paladinkratos said:
someone breaks into my house by kicking down the door then they don't touch a thing and i go insane from trying to figure out what it was they took
Did you get that from Dane Cook? I thingk I heard him tell a joke like that once.
Anywho. My greatest fear has got to be heights or tornadoes. I don't like the fact that if a tornado hits you, you're pretty much fucked.

Tesgami

Mar 22, 2009
Needles, just start twitching and flinching for some reason ><
That and... beaten to death... just me apparently...

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
NezumiiroKitsune said:
The idea that there are people in the world who believe billions of people will be condemned to eternal suffering for doing so little wrong in a world of religous war.
I feel that too, though it's more sorrow than fear.

AssassinX66

Mar 22, 2009
TheOnion said:
my greatest fear is coming across any of you sociopaths in a dark alley.

*shivers*
Based on some of the threads I've been reading, this board seems to be an antisocial hotspot. A place for society's rejects to congregate. Is there a reason for that, or just a coincidence you all wound up on the same forum?
If we are such sociopaths and social rejects gathering on the Escapist then why are you here?

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
AssassinX66 said:
TheOnion said:
my greatest fear is coming across any of you sociopaths in a dark alley.

*shivers*
Based on some of the threads I've been reading, this board seems to be an antisocial hotspot. A place for society's rejects to congregate. Is there a reason for that, or just a coincidence you all wound up on the same forum?
If we are such sociopaths and social rejects gathering on the Escapist then why are you here?
He was a troll, but he's gone now, I like to think it was my comment about him smelling funny that scared him away :).

mythbuster343

Mar 19, 2009
Hookman said:
Ventriloquist dolls,God,they're creepy!
Also, I know it might seem stupid but the dark is scary as fuck! I cant stand walking out of a dark room,I always think somethings going to drag me back in!
can't help you with the dark, but for ventriloquists dolls, watch jeff dunham with achmed on youtube

Koski

Mar 31, 2009
Time passing; getting old.

Also, puppets. I can not get past the first level of DMC because it has FRIGGIN PUPPETS!

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
To quote my favourite author, who described one of my fears perfectly "Its not heights i'm scared of, Its depths."

My other fear is water, like deep pools and the ocean. I swim like a sack of lead bricks!

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Potato chips. I dunno why, they make me very very ill, I break out in panic, I get literally ill at the smell and cringe horrendously when I hear them. A huge part of my childhood was around people taunting me with this. And no it's not an allergy, I don't think anything would happen if I touched or ate one other than retch in horror and revulsion.

Also being locked in a cupboard. Not a large room, not a small room, but a cupboard or any space confined like that.
I didn't remember it until I was like 16 when someone did it to me in high school and OH GOD THE TRAUMATISING FLASHBACK.