Your ideal roster for a Justice League Movie?

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
These are the peopl I would nominate........
Thunderous Cacophony said:
From the movie's IMDB page [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/]:
"Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and other superheroes unite to to fight against evil forces."

So yeah, it looks like they are covering their major players. I don't know how many of them will get their own movies (although Batman [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.382771-Poll-The-Next-Batman-Movie#15118046] and Superman [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.382768-Man-of-Steel#15114853] certainly are) and how many will just be a part of the Justice League movie.

Vigilantis said:
Jack the Potato said:
Uh, why wouldn't it be the original 7 members? Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter/Cyborg (for the reboot).
This, I don't see any reason in leaving anyone out of this list.
They might leave out Martian Manhunter, or relegate him to a secondary role, as he is not a well-known character in most circles, and Warner Bros. is not likely to risk millions on giving him his own movie. It would be great to have him, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
What? No Martian Manhunter? I was hoping the would make kinda like how they made Mr. Manhattan. :/

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
They might leave out Martian Manhunter, or relegate him to a secondary role, as he is not a well-known character in most circles, and Warner Bros. is not likely to risk millions on giving him his own movie. It would be great to have him, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
He could play the role that Nick Fury did in the Marvel movies. Coming to the heroes at the end of the movie to try and recruit them. Unless D.C has some version of S.H.I.L.D I don't know of. Witch is likely because I don't read comics at all.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Random Argument Man said:
Well, if everyone had a good movie and everything.

-I guess Batman, Superman, Flash, Wonderwoman and Manhunter are in my ideal candidates.
-I would add Aquaman from the latest Justice league cartoon. The guy that doesn't take bullshit and is always ready for a fight.
-I don't know much about Green lantern other than John Stewart. I liked him, but I would rather see him as a support character than a main lead.
- I'd like to see Green arrow since the Avengers didn't really give a chance to Hawkeye.
to be fair hawkeye and black widow will be the stars in a movie of their own.

Helmholtz Watson said:
These are the peopl I would nominate........
From the movie's IMDB page [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/]:
"Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and other superheroes unite to to fight against evil forces."

So yeah, it looks like they are covering their major players. I don't know how many of them will get their own movies (although Batman [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.382771-Poll-The-Next-Batman-Movie#15118046] and Superman [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.382768-Man-of-Steel#15114853] certainly are) and how many will just be a part of the Justice League movie.

Vigilantis said:
Jack the Potato said:
Uh, why wouldn't it be the original 7 members? Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter/Cyborg (for the reboot).
This, I don't see any reason in leaving anyone out of this list.
What? No Martian Manhunter? I was hoping the would make kinda like how they made Mr. Manhattan. :/
gotta go with this guys choice as well, and as to Martian Manhunter not being well known......have you seen any of the new animated stuff? hes more reconiseible then cyborg would be at this momment

Jan 12, 2012
pilouuuu said:
I really hope they don't give each superhero a movie. And little to no origin stories, please. I hate origins stories and that is one reason why I still don't watch the new Spidey movie. Just focus on the action straight away! Everyone already knows these heroes origin and if that's not the case they should go out and buy the comic. When you watch a detective movie, do you always get to see how he became a detective? Why do all superheroes movies need an origin story. Just treat the superheroes as normal characters. One is a vigilante, another is an alien, the other comes from a fantasy island... That's all origin story needed!
While you may not get an upfront flashback in a detective movie, nearly every movie I can think of tries to weave details about the main character's past into the film, both because it helps explain why they are in the situation they are in, and makes the character more human. That's what the point of the movies building up to The Avengers was: providing the audience with a primer on who the character is, what they can do and why they do it.

In fact, I think it's even more important to do that in a superhero movie. People who don't read the comics/watch the shows (read: the vast majority of the audience) will want to understand what the character is capable of superpower-wise, otherwise they will spend the whole movie playing catch up. While it is easy enough to do for a couple of characters, having 7+ superhumans running around (the main characters, the villain(s), any other members of the Justice League who show up) means that you either have to explain a bit, or make the audience's heads spin so fast they break their necks.

Jan 12, 2012
ecoho said:
gotta go with this guys choice as well, and as to Martian Manhunter not being well known......have you seen any of the new animated stuff? hes more reconiseible then cyborg would be at this momment
If I were to pull a comparison out of my ass, I'd say that Martian Manhunter is to the Justice League as (pre-movie)Thor was to the Avengers: He is pretty important, and if you watch the shows/read the comics you know all about him, but most people outside of that select group (who will be the ones Warner Bros. are counting on to make the Justice League movie a success) have only a vague understanding of who they are. I don't know if Warner Bros. is willing or even capable of producing a Martian Manhunter movie that does the character justice, or whether they will pull a Hawkeye/Black Widow and only really include him in the final movie, once the bigger characters are already explained and they have a few minutes of screen time to devote to him.

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
pilouuuu said:
I really hope they don't give each superhero a movie. And little to no origin stories, please. I hate origins stories and that is one reason why I still don't watch the new Spidey movie. Just focus on the action straight away! Everyone already knows these heroes origin and if that's not the case they should go out and buy the comic. When you watch a detective movie, do you always get to see how he became a detective? Why do all superheroes movies need an origin story. Just treat the superheroes as normal characters. One is a vigilante, another is an alien, the other comes from a fantasy island... That's all origin story needed!
Eh, not many people outside the comic scene know where Martian Manhunter came from, or The Flash. Or Wonder Woman.

But I do agree that DC shouldn't give every member an origin movie. The only ones that would need it (according to my list I gave above), would be Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman. Just squeeze Flash into an extended cameo role in one of the movies or just introduce him in the JL movie altogether.

I swear, though, if J'onn doesn't make it into the JL movie, I'll be pissed. The writers could totally play off of the relationship between Supes and MM because they're both the last people of their respective planets.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much what the current roster well portray in the recent DC animated movies (Crisis on Two Earth, Doom and etc)-

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Hal Jorden)
The Flash (Wally West)
Martian Manhunter

However I wouldn't mind if anyone of these characters were added to the rooster aswell
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Cyborg
John Stewart
Red Tornado
The Atom
Fire
Ice
Zatanna
Shazam

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
ecoho said:
If I were to pull a comparison out of my ass, I'd say that Martian Manhunter is to the Justice League as (pre-movie)Thor was to the Avengers: He is pretty important, and if you watch the shows/read the comics you know all about him, but most people outside of that select group (who will be the ones Warner Bros. are counting on to make the Justice League movie a success) have only a vague understanding of who they are. I don't know if Warner Bros. is willing or even capable of producing a Martian Manhunter movie that does the character justice, or whether they will pull a Hawkeye/Black Widow and only really include him in the final movie, once the bigger characters are already explained and they have a few minutes of screen time to devote to him.
well thats not entirerly true as Thor had very little exposure before his movie (at least to mainstream people) while Martian manhunter has appered in evry animated justice league movie/show and made an apperance in smallville so hed be more in the same boat as black widow in that we know why hes in the movie but we dont know his story.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
Go with the usual big names but add Blue and Gold for comic relief. Honestly, the only time I ever even read JLA was when those two and Guy Gardner were around. Either that or go with the roster for the cartoon (not the unlimited) from a few years ago. That was a pretty solid lineup.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
I Have No Idea said:
pilouuuu said:
Eh, not many people outside the comic scene know where Martian Manhunter came from, or The Flash. Or Wonder Woman.

But I do agree that DC shouldn't give every member an origin movie. The only ones that would need it (according to my list I gave above), would be Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman. Just squeeze Flash into an extended cameo role in one of the movies or just introduce him in the JL movie altogether.

I swear, though, if J'onn doesn't make it into the JL movie, I'll be pissed. The writers could totally play off of the relationship between Supes and MM because they're both the last people of their respective planets.
But Flash had a TV series! Wonderwoman also had a TV series. People know who they are! Or they should. I think Martian Mahunter could be introduced just like he was in Justice League cartoon. I think Justice League is a good example. They just hinted the origin of some characters. And it was pretty successful. I didn't know all of the characters' origins previous to that, but it didn't ruin my enjoyment or comprehension of the series.

I think movie directors should stop thinking all moviegoers are dumb.

I forgot mentioning Captain Marvel! They definitely should include him. Shazam!