Your Ideal Skyrim DLC

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
ccggenius12 said:
Arkley said:
Well, first of all, and most realistically, I'd like some high level armour and weapons that don't look fucking evil. I mean, I'm here with my sword, shield, heavy armour and healing magic, never stole anything or killed anyone who didn't hit me first, bein' all holy-knight-ish...

...in my jet black spiky evil nether-realm draedic prince getup. Can I get something in white, please?
That's just it though. You got all of your equipment from killing Icky-bad Naughty McEviltons. You're surprised that they own evil looking things? Frankly, I'd argue it makes no sense for them to drop anything even remotely resembling good guy stuff.
That being said, you should be able to reforge stuff to look however the hell you want to, given you take an appropriate crafting skill.

Also, I would like the Mudcrab Armor to become a reality.
I didn't get any of my stuff from my enemies, I crafted and enchanted all of it myself, and I only made/wear the medieval sith lord set because there's no other option. Hell, even dragon plate looks absurdly evil. I should be able to forge something that doesn't look like I plan to wear it to Skyrim's equivalent of a school shooting.

N3vans

Apr 14, 2009
A game mechanic that actually makes the big battles feel epic (ala Lord of the Rings), rather than just a five-aside fight outside a pub.

The only large battle scene that shone for me in Skyrim was the initial assault on Whiterun during the civil war. However, by the time you got into the city you were back to fighting two or three guys at a time, it just felt a bit anti-climactic.

Oblivion had the same problem with the penultimate battle outside Bruma(?). It felt epic riding around gathering men from each city to join the last fight against the horde, only to be greeted by two chaps from said cities who looked like they'd previously taken arrows to the knee by the time you get back to the rally point.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I would like the following
to be allowed to make a albino character
for dragons radar enemy dot to be a different color
something that allows me to see on the map all dungeons and what not I have not cleared

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
First off, I cannot stress this enough, I would positively love to see older relics make a return. Anyone remember Chrysamere? Or the Lords Mail? What about the Fists of Randigulf(sp)? Spear of Bitter Mercy? Ring Of Asura? The original Dragonbone Cuirass? What the hell happened to all of these items? How about some quests to find these lost relics huh? Hell, kick it off with a bunch of dumbass necromancers trying to siphon power out of a piece of the Heart of Lorkhan and roll from there.

Second off, SPEARS! Give me my polearms back dammit!

Thirdly, an "Operation Anchorage" style DLC would be pretty nifty; a trip back in time to the major events that took place in Morrowind or maybe Tribunal, or even stuff from Daggerfall. Fighting Dagoth-Ur and/or Almalexia would be friggin' boss, and it would help fill in a lot of the blanks for people who never had the opportunity to play the older games.

Ooga600

Mar 27, 2011
I'd like to see something that continue the Civil War sidequests. Like let us see the moot for High King or fight the Thalmor

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
Go check out the Imperial City and how it's changed since Oblivion.
This, though I'd amend it to be all of Imperial Cyrodiil. I want to see the various cities and how they have changed. They all have their art concepts and the height map finished already, so this shouldn't be impossible to do. Dream big, people.

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
Arkley said:
Secondly and least likely...honestly? I'd like them to add co-op. I know that isn't going to be popular with a lot of people even if it is an optional thing they don't have to partake in, and they likely prefer the Elder Scrolls games remain single-player only for the sake of the ideal. But I love playing games with my friends, I love Skyrim, and I'd love to share a few adventures with my friends.
Contrary to that, This forum isn't exactly popular opinion. Although there are some things that have a popular opinion on the forum.

From what I have found, Most would love to be able to play with one friend while playing the game and I don't see anything wrong with it. Since if done right it's not just thrown in to get more sales for being multi-player but thrown in to increase the enjoyment of the game.

health-bar

Nov 13, 2009
War against the Aldmeri dominion
kinda large scale for a DLC but definitely something I want to see.

Not only did they screw with all the stuff I did in the last game, and are are most pretentious group of assholes in all of Tamriel, but they also invaded Elsweyr!

and that just wont do. no sir.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
How would consoles even handle there being any DLC at all, now that the PS3 can't even handle vanilla saves?

Sagacious Zhu

Oct 17, 2011
Knights of the Nine

There's a whole religious subplot in the game regarding the de-canonization of Talos I'd like to see explored. I'm talking Thalmor burning priests of Talos at the stake, the PC getting a personal call from Big T to crusade in his name despite the possibility of torture and death.

Full. Blown. Holy. War.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
Ravenbom said:
First a patch so all the PS3 people would stop bitching.

Second, I think something along the lines of the Underdark expansion for Neverwinter Nights. Have a Dwemer ruin open up into a huge cavernous DLC expansion quest area so you can fast travel.

Aside from Falmor and Dwemer ruins, there can be underground lakes and rivers, a lost Dwemer tribe fighting for survival or you can hear out the Falmor who are non-feral who are fighting against their former slave-masters the last of the Dwemer. There can also be a tribe of vampires who have escaped the trouble with daylight.

There can also be underground lava flows and geysers, underground forests (maybe giant glowing mushrooms) and an underground dragon which is being blamed for earthquakes by the Blades which is what sends you down there in the first place.

There should be some more new enemy types as well, not just Dwemer constructs and Falmor and spiders and Charrus. And a couple new types to keep it new.
There already is a place much like that called Blackreach which you visit in the main quest. It has an underground dragon and giant glowing mushrooms at least.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Arkley said:
I am honestly both surprised and overjoyed to see not just that plenty of other people here want co-op in Skyrim, but the absence of infuriated warbling about why it should never happen. It almost makes me feel like RPG gamers are growing out of the "everything should be the way I like it and no other way, for my way is best" phase.

Of course, the threads about Mass Effect 3 go a long way to damaging my faith in my fellow gamers on that topic, but there you have it. I guess Skyrim is so damn good that even ardent single-player-ONLY gamers can see why people might want to share the adventure with friends.
The main problem with Bethesda adding co-op to game is economics. Since Bethesda does not have infinite manpower and resources, they must make choices about what to produce. That's just basic opportunity cost, I think we can agree on that. Redesigning the game to accommodate co-op would be a rather lengthy endeavour, assuming that they actually put forth the effort to make it something people would want to play. They would have to take the time to make the design decisions so that the whole thing didn't crash and burn at release, pay programmers to make the necessary changes to the game's code, and set up and maintain the servers to actually run it. All in all, that's a lot of capital consumed to produce the product.

However, Bethesda could also use those same resources to either A) work on single player DLC for Skyrim, or B) work on a different project, such as the next Fallout game. Since Bethesda has finite resources, diverting resources to developing and maintaining co-op would mandate that they assign fewer resources to single-player content. Again, opportunity cost. Since fewer resources would be assigned to these products, there's an increased likelihood that they would be of inferior quality.

Now, adding co-op might increase sales of the game, thus alleviating the loss of resources. However, that's only a might, especially when you consider that they would be releasing this onto a market already saturated with quality co-op focused games. It might increase revenue, but we know that it would be diverting resources from other projects in the meantime.

In short: adding co-op to the game would not necessarily impact the game in a negative way, but it would probably impact the quality of future products.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Decent companions.
I would pay money for companions I could actually give a toss about.
When one of my companions dies I should think "Oh no! My buddy just got killed. I'll mourn your loss my friend", not "Crap that asshole got killed, now I've got to cut this run short so I can haul all the loot he was carrying back to town."

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
The Mighty Pepper said:
I wanna see the realm of Hircine.
Cause... Hircine is just... Awesome... So freaking awesome...
And we've already done Sheogorath.
But we did Hircrine was first.

Bloodmoon Anyone?

moose_man

Nov 9, 2009
TheLoveableMuffin said:
A complete and utterly-barmy idea here, but y'know there's a time wound on top of the Troat of the World? How about a Dragonborn from 300 years into the future shows up with a new threat which only TWO Dragonborns can defeat, but the future Dragonborn is all steampunky because industry begin to harness the Dwarven robots into their day to day lives and... what too much?

Okay, failing that I want crossbows and a chance to go to Summerset Isles. Because whenever I hear that name it just reminds of my holiday to Somerset in the UK a few years back. Only with bigger crabs.
That sounds suspiciously like a Doctor Who multi-Doc special.

OT: I would like to go to either Morrowind or the Summerset Isles. If the Isles, then I want to kick some Thalmor ass.

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
I personally wouldn't mind a visit to either continental Morrowind or possibly something involving a return to Vvardenfell, mostly because the environment was so... alien, in comparison to the rest of the world. Heck, maybe just even a return to that island from Bloodmoon.

After it has been confirmed in cannon that the Hero of Kavatch is the new Sheogorath, Jygallyg has just sorta disappeared, so something involving him would be nice as well.