Your Ideal Skyrim DLC

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
MORE SPELLS!
What would be REALLY awesome would be an expansion type DLC where the dwemer suddenly reappear. It would be EPIC :D

Nachtmahr

Feb 17, 2011
I'd like them to include the ability to marry dragons in whatever DLC they bring out. Paarthurnax and Odahviing are clearly the most handsome things around in Skyrim. And what male NPC can compare to those voices? Not one I say! :D

To be (slightly) more serious, I'd like DLC that gives me purpose after the main game ends. Saving the world never left me feeling as empty as it did in Skyrim. Ending the civil war felt equally empty. I'd like to do something where I get a big cutscene in the end, and NPCs actually acknowledge me as their hero. As someone said, a quest to destroy the Thalmor perhaps.

RedxDecember

Jun 25, 2008
Hal10k said:
jwest86 said:
Having only played Oblivion and Skyrim i don't know if this has been covered in another game. Or even in Skyrim, i'm level 48 but i might not have come across it yet. Anyway, i really want to find out what happened to the Dwemer. Having read every book in the museum in Markarth and thoroughly explored all the dwarven ruins, i want to know more....
That's answered, to an extent, in Morrowind.

A Dwemer scientist was experimenting with the Heart of Lorkhan, which was the literal heart of the long-dead god that was partially responsible for the creation of Nirn (the physical world as we know it). He was being fairly responsible with his testing, which is unusual enough for a Dwemer, but went into crisis mode when Red Mountain, the location of the Dwemer fortess where the heart was found, was beseiged by the Dark Elves (who might have still been regular elves at that point, I can't remember). Anyway, he did something with the heart that is still unclear to Tamriel historians, and the Dwemer- all of them- disappeared. No slow degredation of their civilization, no apocalyptic war, just one guy dicking around with the heart and ever Dwemer dissappears in the middle of breakfast. It's unclear whether they were killed, or transported to another plane, or what, but every Dwemer who was on Nirn at the time is gone.
Great god, I want to go into a Dwemer/Daedric world. It'd be so amazing.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
A visit to Cyrodiil where we take down the Aldmeri Dominion in a small rebellion forged with either Tullius (Whose motivations arise from a totally unreasonable demand by the Thalmor), or Jarl Ulfric (Whose motivations arise from pure hatred, and whatnot).
Revisit the Temple District, and kill some Thalmor leader in the same temple, where the hero of Kvatch was, just about 200 years earlier.

Jun 7, 2010
MOAR DREAMSTRIDE!

Seriously, you could build a brilliant whodunnit out of the dreamstride potion. It would be criminal to come up with a potion as awesomesauce as that and only give it one quest in the spotlight.

Justanewguy

Jun 30, 2011
Funny enough, I heard the same ideas back when Oblivion came out. "Set DLC in another country." Back then it was nearly impossible for them to do, since it would've required generating new land, setting all new NPCs, and voicing all of them. This time around, though, it looks like they've already generated all the land for the continent, which says to me that they might be considering opening up other areas in DLC. I'd love to see them go as ambitiously as possible and use Skyrim as the jumping off point for expanding the world to include the other countries. Skyrim felt like a "proof of concept" type thing, admittedly. A sort of way to say, "Here's our technology, here's what we can do with it, we've got the first country (Skyrim) done already, and we can use DLC to expand the world bit by bit."

I'd pay $40-60 for DLC that expanded the game to include another country. Hell, I wouldn't hesitate to pay upwards of $200 for an expansion including all the other countries.

YogSothoth

Jul 21, 2011
I would like to see the Realms of Molag Bal, Vaermina, or Hermaeus mora, or maybe see Akavir and the golden snake people (new playable race?) Also I want to be able to use that raining fiery meteor shot that alduin was using alot, so more shouts would nice. And for the love of the Nine, can we get a companion that cant die?!

werty10089

Aug 14, 2011
1) Horse Armour.
2) All of the above.

Oh, and maybe something that stops my wife from turning hostile after I go into a drunken rage and hit her for stealing my skooma. I KNOW IT'S HER!

XIGBARx13

Nov 19, 2009
DustyDrB said:
I'd like to be able to take down the Dominion too. I hope they don't save that for a new game.
I think that taking down the Aldmeri Dominion would be a great questline, and what would make it even better is if it was as expansive as the Shivering Isles add-on.

topwomble

Jun 26, 2010
I want to see Hammerfell because (I'm not sure) they got invaded by the Thalmor and I want to wipe out the Thalmor. Plus curved swords.Curved swords.

Spitfire-IX

May 26, 2011
what I would love is that they release a series of DLC for each province, each on containing a main quest and side quests. all charting the story of how the Dragonborn becomes the Emperor.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Morrowind.

Morrowind.

Morrowind.

I want to know what happened at Red Mountain. I think that it'd be awesome, going over and investigating why it erupted (my money is on the Thalmor).

Or maybe, going back to Solstheim, where we discover that there is a war going on between the now developed, but very much oppressed village of Raven Rock and the individuals in Fort Frostmouth. It could be a full-scale battle of Weres vs Imperials. How awesome would that be?

Jovip

Aug 12, 2010
That old thing no one really does anymore, it's called an expansion. i don't want DLC i want an true expansion not little nick picks, a new story to complete, akin to shivering isles for oblivion.
Also, i really hated the dominion so screw them, i'd love to drop them during a sidequest in the expansion. Maybe an uprising of dragon worshipers come back, start to evoke old traditions and become dragon priests. I don't particularly know.

ACTUALLY let me ride a dragon and control it all myself. Yea, i'd pay for that.

Shemming

Jun 12, 2010
A new dragon. That walks on land. Like Lao shan lung from monster hunter. And make it simply walk towards you, where ever you go...slowly but surely...

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
honestly, I have yet to play skyrim. BUT from what I have heard, being able to got to into cyrodil, go to the imperial city, and then become the emperor and do whatever the heck you want with no consequence whatsoever because you are now the king. you can kill anyone you want and no one would care at all. well, I guess they could send assassins after you...