Your ideal videogame announcement?

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
we are proud to say that we are making a Mechwarrior bundle pack which includes Mechwarrior 5 and graphically updated versions all other Mechwarrior games.

and we're also coming out with Timeshift 2, Future Cop LAPD 2, System Shock 3, Republic Commando 2, C&C Renegade 2 and we're redo-ing C&C 4.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Felipe Nurwandi said:
Also Kingdom Hearts 3. What can I say? I'm a big RPG buff.
I would be fine with that if it was also on Xbox 360. Dream Drop Distance looks amazing, but probably can't sell me a 3DS.

neonsword13-ops said:
Kingdom Hearts... 3?

Persona 5 announced for the newly revived PS2! You know you want it.
I have a PS2!

Mine?

Capcom: Megaman Legends 3 is back in production!

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Volan said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Kingdom Hearts 3 is next game in KH franchise.
Kingdom Hearts HD collection (1+2+Chain of memories without the card battles) for PS3, 360 and Vita
These, completely. The best thing is that they are actually possible, and not just wishful thinking. The day this gets announced I'll be the happiest person alive.
I know that I'm never the only one, but I feel like I'm the only one who like CoM's fight system. Until Birth By Sleep, you could win most fights by hitting attack and healing with Cure whenever you were hurt. KH2 was heavy on Reaction Commands. Cool, but sometimes overpowered. If you kept on top of your finishing abilities and whatnot, the game was simple. Everything else was just for showing off.

You had to think out your deck in CoM. You couldn't just take everything with you. That added strategy to the game. The issue comes in when you can breeze through non-boss fights by sleight spam, but you could choose not to do that too.
You had a limited skill pool in BBS, so you had to pick what worked beforehand or pick complementary skills to invoke Command Forms. Terra was too slow to rely heavily on just the attack command, Ven didn't have a whole lot of health, and Aqua couldn't take a hit. The Guard and various retaliation commands were actually useful!

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Obsidian are making Arcanum 2 as an open world RPG with the Skyrim engine...

If only :<
This. Or even just a new Arcanum with some updated graphics in general. Either way I'd be happy.

Failing that I would be happy with a new Freelancer sequel, possibly one with a greater range of ships and with massive fleet wide battles.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
Bioware: "Mass Effect 3; Super extended cut hyper edition. The Penny Arcade Ending."

Valve: "We learned to count to 3. Enjoy our new L4D"

Nintendo: "SSB4 is a launch title and features Professor Layton and Megaman"

Microsoft/Valve: "We're making Sburb"

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
An ambitious new GTA-wait that's coming out.

Uh...something...Steampunkey. Ooh, or a game that explores the style and culture of my beloved turn-of-the-century America. Maybe even a new game in the same style of Bioshock-oh wait, that also exists.

In all seriousness, aside from new Half Life and Jade Empire games what I'd really like to see is a game built entirely around the premise of being a wanted fugitive constantly on the run from the police, like a videogame version of The Fugitive (or if they'd focused entrely on the ridiculously fun police-chase mechanics in Mafia 2, a game I notice I've mentioned quite a lot lately on these forums).

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
Still waiting on Mirror's Edge 2, hopefully with a developer kit of some kind. Not because the original was a pinnacle of good game design principles, but because that game has the best atmosphere of any game I've ever played, and as a mapper I kind of want to design levels for it.

Metal_Head

Oct 18, 2011
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3! I would eat white dog poop for that game.

OR an MMO version of pokemon. I think that might be cool.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 would be nice. With totally over hauled graphics and harder dificulty.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
Mass Effect 3 DLC: The Marauder Shields Story.

you know you want it
Oh dear god yes! I want this. I want this now.

As for my own dream announcement, has no-one thought of this yet...

Activision announce that next CoD will be the last one. Ever.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Moth_Monk said:
Another Dues Ex game :)
But with slightly shittier graphics, so the world could be awesome. How about one that looks like oblivion, is about as big as the first and doesn't have stupid out of place boss fights, that there is the dream buddy.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
BluebellForest said:
Jade Empire 2, with my favourite character being a follower.
They are waiting for the right time... Seriouslu :D

For me? Pokemon Snap 2.

I will settle for "In new horde mode for MW3 or BF3, kill Michael Bay!"

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
Developers: "We won`t produce anymore sequels after the third release. The future are new ips and full modding support for every game."

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
TaintedSaint said:
Freelancer 2.......anyone
I'd buy that. Freelancer was a good game really. Sure it had it's issues and the story was a mess, but it was probably the best Space combat/exploration game that doesn't require a three week correspondence course (I'm looking at you X3).

A new game with improved mechanics and but the same general feel would be fantastic.

Mr S

Jul 13, 2010
Freelancer 2.
And if there are people here who haven't played the first one, what the hell do you think you are doing? Go play it! n o w

Mr S

Jul 13, 2010
Krantos said:
TaintedSaint said:
Freelancer 2.......anyone
I'd buy that. Freelancer was a good game really. Sure it had it's issues and the story was a mess, but it was probably the best Space combat/exploration game that doesn't require a three week correspondence course (I'm looking at you X3).

A new game with improved mechanics and but the same general feel would be fantastic.
Would love it.
The fanbase for the current one is really great too.
Have you played any mods for it?

LHZA

Sep 22, 2010
New RPG IP from Bioware that takes place in a Steam or Cyber Punk setting.
L4D 3
Half Life 3 (or episode 3)
Gabriel Knights 4
Dungeon Keeper 3
A game that involves the main character trying to out smart a group of rich men trying to hunt him down and kill him (ala the most dangerous game) that does not involve guns and is to be developed by Valve or Majong.
Jade Empire 2
Something like Minecraft but with a plot (not that I dislike minecraft the way it is)
Any game in any genre were the lead character is female, a visible minority and is not overtly sexualized (just one more time (Chell), than I'll go back to short brown haired white guys)

That's all I can think of right now. If just one of these things happened I could die happy.