Your "I'll get back to it" game...

Flipip

May 1, 2011
Everyone has to have one, that game on your shelf that sits there, waiting to be played again. At night you might even be able to hear it crying out to you, but you try to block it out, thinking "i'll go back and complete that game later" or just "i'll get back to it". You even hold off trading it in on the possibility that you might just play it.

At this current moment, for me it is Alpha Protocol and Resonance of Fate. Then you can throw in any Elder Scrolls and Fallout game. I love Bethesda games but the way it works for me is this:

ladedadeda...oh, what is this? a new game called *insert name of the latest several thousand hour Bethesda game* i think i will buy it...*goes to counter, money passes hands* Thank you good sir!

i get home, put the game in and for the next few days i am hooked, but then i realise something, there is a real world out there too. I gradually stop playing as much due to how obsessed i might be getting. Eventually i stop completely and every time i go to play it again the memory of how much i played makes me think twice, especially since there is probably some work i need to be doing.

YOUR TURN!

UPDATE:
don't worry, i have kicked my addiction and am now playing a few Bethesda games in moderation, so they can sort of be taken off my list (then again i still have a long way to go)

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
Oblivion, I played around 200 hours and I NEVER finished the main quest line, I just messed around a LOT, and I had around 300 mods which kept giving me new content which I always prioritized. Oh well, C'est la vie.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Bioshock was on my list, but I'm currently 'getting back to it'. 'tis fun!

Although Big Daddys keep eating all my ammo, and I seem to be using more camera film than bullets...

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Blue dragon.

Possibly because I can only seem to handle in it roughly 2 hour goes at a time.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
A lot of games turn into the "I'll get back to it" game for me. Too many to count.

CrankyStorming

Mar 8, 2010
Right now there's a few of those for me, but I think the one I'll have on the backburner for the longest time is Final Fantasy 12. I'm sure it's good, but for whatever reason I can't decide whether I like the mechanical aspect of it and I guess that's what's putting me off playing it.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood is that game for me, only 2 more sequences to go but eventhough I enjoy it I just can't bring myself to play it.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Currently Fallout 2. Love the game, but I have to sit down and try not to get distracted in order to enjoy it.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Zyst said:
Oblivion, I played around 200 hours and I NEVER finished the main quest line, I just messed around a LOT, and I had around 300 mods which kept giving me new content which I always prioritized. Oh well, C'est la vie.
You're not alone.
I became the highest ranking person in ALL of the guilds possible to join but I haven't even entered ONE oblivion gate.
I loved the Brotherhood quest line.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Fallout: New Vegas is currently experiencing this for me.

Haven't touched in in 3 months, been stuck at the first meeting with Mr House since late March.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
labyrinth of touhou. i keep thinkin' about going back, but then, it just never happens.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
woooh boy is my list long...

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Final Fantasy 13
STALKER: Clear Sky/COP
Dragon Age 2
Titan Quest
Neverwinter Nights
Rift

I wish I had more time to finish all these games. oh well. I guess there's always retirement.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Good question, for me I believe it's the Dragon Age games (at least the ones released for the 360).

I've borrowed them all off a friend, haven't put them in yet, can't be bugged, I've tried them at his place and they are good and fun, but right now, meh.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Final Fantasy XIII.

Neither game is as good as I hoped them to be.

I just finished Infamous 2 and I'm going back to working on my second playthough of Dragon Age 2. After that, I might get back to one of the RPG's.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
The Wii edition of Okami.The controls just annoyed me so I stopped playing.Keep meaning to go back to it though as apart from the controls it was pretty enjoyable

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I have Mass Effect installed. I was really enjoying it, but unfortunately I have been stuck on the same bloody lift for some time now. I might go back and try to get off it.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Bayonetta. I don't know why I can't just get off my ass and play this game, I'm having fun with it and everything. I guess I'm one of those people who needs to be kick started into doing something if they stop for a long time. D:

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Arkham Asylum.

I've been meaning to finish it for ages, but I feel like I'm missing out if I don't fins all of the Riddlers things.

I am concerned that I'll reach a point in the story where I can't go back for the things I've missed. It'd be good if you were able to go through all of Arkham once you have completed it.

Can you?

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Dead Space I made it to level 7 then I just stopped playing, always said I'd get back to it but I never did.

Also catching Rayquaza in Pokemon ruby, after constant failing I'm like fuck it I'll catch him some other day, I never did.