Your "I'll get back to it" game...

jpblade666

Dec 23, 2010
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. I love the game but I've just been too busy and when I have time to game it's usually just a downloaded game on my ds for a few mins. I'll probably go play some Strange Journey today.

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
*IN SHORT, FINAL FANTASY XIII*

I have a lot of games, most of them I enjoy thoroughly and would like to re-play (at least for just a small session) and there are a few I need to exchange/sell/trade etc. for mor money to get newer or other games (especially with the list of upcoming titles).

However one that I would most like to finish off just for the accomplishment, would currently be Final Fantasy 13. I have gotten in very far (3rd CD) and I'm about to get Vanille's summon. The main problem for me is that in order to cross the 'plains' that I'm at, I will need to spend at bare minimum 1 hour to train everybody, and I get enough of the hassle on my new Stat Maxer on FFX.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
Disgaea and its various sequels. I always manage to get through a chapter or two when the mood strikes me, but then a shiny new game or even a completely different hobby (looking at you, GURPS) floats into my line of site and they get shelved for another half a year. At this writing, I've started a New Game + on Disgaea DS, I'm at around Chapter 12 of Disgaea 2, and I've had to scrap my file on Disgaea 3 due to my friend wanting his PS3 back.

Someday, current-gen consoles. Someday...

withoutnumbers

Sep 8, 2010
Pokemon Silver. It's sitting in my Gameboy Color, which is right next to me in my desk drawer, just waiting for me to mindlessly grind through the old gyms. Beating the Elite Four in Johto was fun, but then getting to Kanto and going through those gyms just got too old after a while. I already have a balanced bench that can pretty much beat anything, so there isn't that same challenge as there was having to go out and find the right Pokemon to get the job done.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
Infinite Undiscovery, Lords of Shadow, Portrait of Ruin, Resonance of Fate... ten more i can't reme,ber

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
P3P
Persona 4
Amnesia
Crysis 2
New Vegas DLC
Syberia
The Void
Those games I started but never finished. There's a whole lot more that I need to start x.x

Buttersnaps

Mar 27, 2011
Fallout: New Vegas for me also. Played for like 12 hours the week it came out then kind of forgot about it. The bugs I was experiencing make the idea of going back to it all the less exciting.

Ryu-Kage

May 6, 2011
I have a lot of games on my "I'll get back to it" list.

A Link to the Past
Phantom Hourglass
Final Fantasy 4 Advance
Fire Emblem (and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)
Okami
No More Heroes
Super Mario Galaxy 2

^.^ I'm too lazy to waste time. :p

Dchao

Apr 10, 2011
I have too many to list as in my younger days I did this a lot, start games even ones I throughly enjoyed and just let it sit looking pretty in my collection. I've spent a lot of money on rare or hard to find games just to watch them collect dust. Did anyone else ever do this?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Final Fantasy XIII, and ModNation Racer.

I'm actually past the 40 hour mark in FF13, and I really do enjoy the game. It's just that other games keep breaking me away from it every time I try to play, and it's difficult to re-start playing whenever I stop playing it.

ModNation Racer is fun too, but I have to wait for the next time I'm in a racing game mood to finish the story mode.

Wyvulent

Jun 4, 2010
Oh god theres so many!
Persona 4
Crysis 2
Bulletstorm
Disgaea 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Fallout 3
Ar Tonelico Qoga(though i did get to an ending!N ot a good one though :p)
Starcraft 2
Vanquish
Shadow Hearts 3
Dragon Age: Origins
They're off the top of my head, am defintely planning on finishing them all...just.. you know, later?

Yggdraz0r

Jun 7, 2009
Basicly every game I play. Apart from World of Warcraft obviously.

I get hooked for a few days, maybe even a week++!
Aaaand then I stop. Either for a while or just all together.

I think I played FFXIII for about oneandahalf week straight. And then hit a really hard boss(some floating major battleship thing in chapter 7 or so) and quit.

:(

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
My game would be Spiderman: Web of Shadows.

Not that I have any problem with it, but I got this game just a few days ago. I also got Saints Row 2 (again!) that day. I played a couple of hours of Spidey and enjoyed it enough, but then I just had to play SR2. I've been playing it since. Not to mention I'm also waiting for my Mortal Kombat to arrive...

Sorry Spidey.

Sendura

Jan 14, 2011
Duke Nukem Forever. Still haven't taken advantage of all the features such as the air hockey or pinball machines.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
StBishop said:
Arkham Asylum.

I've been meaning to finish it for ages, but I feel like I'm missing out if I don't fins all of the Riddlers things.

I am concerned that I'll reach a point in the story where I can't go back for the things I've missed. It'd be good if you were able to go through all of Arkham once you have completed it.

Can you?
Yeah, once you've beaten Arkham Asylum, you can just free roam the whole place and look for things you didn't get.

Mine would be Skyrim, I shit you not. I can't bring myself to actually finish the story. I've had three 40+ hour characters destroyed by technical difficulties. I can't bring myself to repeat everything again.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Mass Effect.
Everyone says it's amazing but I just can't get into it. I play for a few hours one month, then something more interesting will make me completely forget about it.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Lost interest in Phil the Kitty on Skyrim a while ago. Eventually his epic quest will be completed, but...

Persona 3 and 4. Got further in Persona 4, but when I realized that after nearly 50 hours (during the school year, this was about two weeks worth of playing) that I wasn't even halfway through the game I was just like, "Meh, I'll give it a rest for a bit." I haven't played Persona 4 again for over a year now. I've even avoided the temptation of just looking up all the good parts and the ending on Youtube because I'm always like, "No, I plan to finish that eventually, someday, maybe."

KH: BBS.
It's rather disappointing, actually, and not because I looked up bits and pieces of the key story since I never thought I'd have a PSP. I began playing as Ventus and it was just so boring. There didn't feel like there was any actual drive for my actions. What motivation do I as the player have to actually find Terra or care what Aqua says? Because I'm told they're Ventus' friends? No, SquEnix, that does not motivate me to want to find Terra, because he isn't MY friend.

There is basically no background given and I'm assuming that as I play I'll get more flashbacks of their friendship so I have some idea of why I should care about these three.