Your Kill/Death Ratio

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
I suck at multiplayer killing so for me its usually like I kill both myself and the other person in the process.

one kill per one death sadly

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I struggled to do well on CoD4 and WaW (0.80 KD for CoD4, 0.99 (GODDAMNIT) for WaW), but on MW2 I have a KD of 1.46 and it's still rising. Like a bad moon. But with less Creedence Clearwater Revival.

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
I'm a 0.9 and I don't think I'll be moving on up from there

I have an impressive amount of kills but then if you look at the number of kills I have, just think about the deaths, theres about a 1k gap between them, so to break even I'm gonna need a 1k killstreak, that's like 40 tactical nukes =O

I just worry about my k/d ratio in the game

I got most of my deaths in games like Dom. and CTF, which are also where most of my wins come from as well

But I also play a lot of FFA so theres not much warning or protection from team-mates

But yeah, if I've got like 7 kills - 2 deaths or something mid-way through the game I'll think alrighty then, let's go ^^ and then if I'm like 4 kills - 6 deaths, then I'm pissed because no doubt it'd be by those assholes with Marathon/Lightweight/Commando + tactical knife

Also I hate it when in a game at the end it comes up with my score as 14kills - 3 assist - 14 deaths

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I don't play MW2.

But I die a lot in multiplayer games. I get a lot of kills, but I also die a lot.

StigmataDiaboli

May 18, 2009
I really don't care about K/D to be honest. Its nice to see I can even out my stats but apart from that I don't mind. Its the probably the reason I have 200 more deaths than kills in Bad Company.

Editos

Sep 14, 2009
1.58 in MW2, 1.2 in CoD4 and 1.7 in WaW, it would be higher for MW2 but i've been using crappy guns to do the challenges, this prestige i'll only be using my favourites.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
Each game is different and I have not looked at a K:D rate of mine for the longest of time... my gaming rig is still deaded seeing I have yet to move and that comes first. I don't care too much about that in any case, to me it is who you kill and what objectives you complete that is more important. You can be below average for all I care, as long as your archiving the objectives of the game it is all good.

Take TF 2 for example, cause it is easier. Who would you say is the better player: A sniper who kills only those with the lowest health to start with, knowing they would be easy kills, or the sniper who takes out the medics, soldiers, demo men or heavies even though he/she is skipping the easier targets to hit these priority ones?

For that matter, should we really be worshiping someone who may do the likes of spawn camping to get their kill to death rate up to godly proportions?

After all it has been my experience that those whom worship their K:D rate quickly become the same people who would do anything to keep it high. The main reason I use it is to weed these people out actually. If your K:D rate is substantially higher then the next person on your team then I am more likely to view you as suspect.

Though... for the record I did once beat my elite score sheet. 5:1 kill to death with a minimal of 50 kills. That minimal is important though, very often have I finished a game with 5:1 or higher simply by 'camping' an objective then having the other team too stupid to know how to capture a point for most of the game, it seems. If you keep yourself out of battle, it is dead simple to pick off a few strays too, getting a kill rate of higher then 5:1. With the minimal it means you have to be balls of steel while in the fray or a defender of a key location.

I still think that day was fairly cheap though, poor map design contributed to such a high score. In a mod for HL2, insurgency* which has a high degree of realism, I found the perfect sniper position that over looked a field they had to cross with only one way around, that usually is defended by team mates. Also it had no way to be properly flanked, they had to come past my scope to get to me no matter what. Since that day though the map has been changed to give them more cover, some of which makes that spot useless, so even the designers realised there was a massive flaw in their map.

*Sadly this mod seems to be dead, it hasn't had a substantial upgrade in a long while and there are bugs that date right back to release that have not been fixed. It annoys me cause it was one of a few realistic games out there and what little changes they did make since release where cosmetic at best.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
In any game my deaths are usually higher than anything else. Probably because I like dying, just to see where it'll take me.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
Xcelsior said:
I care about my K/D religiously, it's my judge of how well I'm playing and how good I am at a game. COD4 k/d was 1.35 and my MW2 k/d is 1.66.
Do you sacrifice "fun", like using weapons you hate but are good at, just to maintain a good ratio?

Xcelsior

Jun 3, 2009
Flap Jack452 said:
Xcelsior said:
I care about my K/D religiously, it's my judge of how well I'm playing and how good I am at a game. COD4 k/d was 1.35 and my MW2 k/d is 1.66.
Do you sacrifice "fun", like using weapons you hate but are good at, just to maintain a good ratio?
Nope. I don't sacrifice fun for my k/d, I stick to weapons I like using. The only time I can think I did used guns I hated *glares at G3, M14 and MP44* was when I went after the golden ak in COD4. Having fun for me is a first, k/d lags behind that. It just so happens I have fun when I play these games majority of the time so the k/d issue arises.

CastlyFTW

Aug 7, 2009
Generally my Team Fortress 2 K / D / A {Thats Kill/Death/Assist}
Is about 5 / 3 / 3.
I play as Pyro[not w+m1], Soldier, Sniper and Spy[In THAT order] ^-^

cheezit94

Sep 19, 2010
I Care about my KD AND my Accuracy like it's my Child.

MW2: KD= . . .
.67 D: Accuracy = Unknown

CoD4: KD= 1.22!
Accuracy = 26.19