Your Last Nerdgasm...

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Portal 2 marketing has caused me to nerdgasm so many times I am literally weak in the knees.

Valate_v1legacy

Sep 16, 2009
I thought I saw a Kotor Remake for the 360 for 5$. It was just the platinum version of the xbox upon closer inspection, however.

EmeraldGreen

Professional Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
When I hooked up my Atari 2600 Jr to my TV and it actually worked. I played Pitfall on real Atari hardware for the first time in years! And I have River Raid and Space Invaders and Berzerk as well! The nostalgia is too much for me!

It's actually ridiculous how excited I am about this. I got it working, played Pitfall for a few minutes and then turned it off. I haven't been back to it since. But just the knowledge that I could turn it on at any moment and play one of those old games is thrilling. In fact, I've spent a fair chunk of this evening on eBay, looking for extra controllers and other games I want to play. Why, when I'm not even playing the games I do have? Darned if I know. But wouldn't it be great to have a paddle controller, so I could theoretically play Breakout, if I wanted to?

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
The first time I loaded up my first console of this generation and played some Oblivion.

Shit got real.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
I was at the Boston FIRST Robotics Competition Regional and some guy from NVidia gave me a FREE GeForce GTX 460. We now have two. Can anyone say SLI? I can't wait to build the team a media PC!

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
icyneesan said:
Portal 2 marketing has caused me to nerdgasm so many times I am literally weak in the knees.
>.>

I always skip commercials, but when I was watching last week's Mythbusters I noticed a portal commercial, actually rewound, and watched it.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Tell me Escapists, what last caused you to have an absolute Nerdgasm (a total freakout on your part for a nerdy reason)...

For me, my last was when I successfully hatched a Shiny Female Zorua on White last Saturday using the Masuda Method...

Chances of hatching a Shiny Zorua= 1 in 1,376.3 (0.07%)
Chances of hatching a Shiny Female Zorua= 1 in 16,515.6 (0.006%)
When I found out that firefly is going back on tv. Slim chance, but I can dream that this will lead to new episodes. Or at least a movie sequel, i guess.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I reread the L4D "the sacrifice" comic and had multiple nerdgasms. It's one of those things that you can't explain to people who are outside the L4D loop, but if you're in that loop they really hit home.

Also this video, which makes little sense unless you know Mordeth (AKA M13)

http://www.youtube.com/user/13mordeth#p/u/7/YWXOFnldCs0.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
The whole time I was reading 52: Volume One (DC Comics). It is fucking fantastic! But I don't have volumes 2, 3 and 4 yet and I decided to start Blackest Night which gave away some huge spoilers. That sucked but it's okay cos Blackest Night is also giving me a giant nerdgasm

Captcha: Pecril Sheardown. Sounds like a freaky stage name

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
When I managed to get my hands on a copy of the original Rogue Trader rulebook for Warhammer 40,000. It was a fascinating and enlightening look on how much the universe has changed over the years (Squats, Slann, Imperial robots, no Chaos, "beakie" Marines, 80s punk fashion, etc.)

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
When I met, talked, and laughed with Ben Browder.
I have pics, too, but I'm not putting them up. Just saying.
I don't think I've ever fanboyed/nerdgasm'd that much before and since. o_O
:D

Narclaw

Birchmen Supreme Overlord
Aug 29, 2010
Hell yeah!! Between this and ME3, I have no idea how I'll balance the two.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
When I discovered you can use the Konami Code (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightba) in the console versions of Half-Life 2/EP1/EP2.

It is a bit cheap since it gives you 20 health every time you use it, but it was just too awesome when I discovered it.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Patrick Young said:
latenightapplepie said:
Oh that's easy.

Yep same also especially the part after he says dragonborne
We should get some tissues and not look at each other in shame, sometime.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
latenightapplepie said:
Oh that's easy.

You've completely killed anything I could have possibly thought of with that. Although Deus Ex: HR is still looking pretty sweet. Incidentally Bethesda are fucked if they have to put the release back now.

My non-gaming nerdgasms are now all about my dissertation next year. I'm starting to think that's a bit sad. But then it's in quantum computing, and if you had a working quantum computer you might be able to take anything the Cry engine throws at you. Yeah... we'll go with that.

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
When Bioware wanted to do some kind of multiplayer for Mass Effect, at first when they said "not for ME3" I died inside, but then when they said "MMO possibly" was when I exploded in Nerd joy. (I just hope for a sweet cross console MMO, with PC, would be hard to do but AMAZING!)