Your Lies.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
One time when I was little I was playing with my dads pocketknife, then I cut my thumb open badly. I told my mum later I got it from a splinter, I don't think she believed me but whatever...

Also kinda related, I hate people who lie and when you pick them up on it they get angry at you.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Lem0nade Inlay said:
One time when I was little I was playing with my dads pocketknife, then I cut my thumb open badly. I told my mum later I got it from a splinter, I don't think she believed me but whatever...

Also kinda related, I hate people who lie and when you pick them up on it they get angry at you.
I've never experienced someone like that before.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
xXAsherahXx said:
Lem0nade Inlay said:

I've never experienced that before.
For example, I know this guy who lies all the time about pointless stuff to make himself look better in front of anyone else. Even something as mundane as "I bought this game and it's awesome blah blah" and for instance if I said "Oh yeah? Who's the boss?" he'd just get all angry and say something like "Why do you care so much if I lie!?"
Annoying.

Anthropaphagi

May 6, 2010
My thing is, lying requires more effort then I can be bothered to expend. If someone asks me something, it's just easier to be honest about it. If it's something negative, there are ways to soften the blow, of course. And if it's something too personal I simply inform them it's not their business to ask. But otherwise, honesty works best, IMO. If I've done wrong, I'll just own up to it. And lying and dishonesty tend to backfire. Especially if you lie about something you want. I've seen people screw themselves over royally and because of that. Thinking they'd 'save face' by being deceptive and then losing out as a result. Where is the benefit in screwing yourself over?

Plus when you lie, kittens spontaneously combust. It's true. Really...

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
How about instead of lying, covering up the truth.

To this day, no-one. Not my friends, my family, my neighbours or teachers, NO-ONE! knows my sexuality (I'm not saying I'm gay, but I'm not saying I'm straight, or bi, or nothing either, I'm quite literally saying that no-one knows what I am.)

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Lem0nade Inlay said:
xXAsherahXx said:
Lem0nade Inlay said:

I've never experienced that before.
For example, I know this guy who lies all the time about pointless stuff to make himself look better in front of anyone else. Even something as mundane as "I bought this game and it's awesome blah blah" and for instance if I said "Oh yeah? Who's the boss?" he'd just get all angry and say something like "Why do you care so much if I lie!?"
Annoying.
I find that really annoying.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Lying is like 90% of what I do.

Yostbeef

Apr 14, 2010
Paksenarrion said:
This is a slightly religious answer, but if the only way you can be happy is to live an honest life, then my whole life is a lie. God, I wish I died in Iraq.
AHAHAHAHAHA! Ah man that is funny.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
swolf said:
Paksenarrion said:
This is a slightly religious answer, but if the only way you can be happy is to live an honest life, then my whole life is a lie. God, I wish I died in Iraq.
Okay, what's up? That was an interesting answer so I've got to ask for a reason, a PM is acceptable if you don't want anyone else to know.
It's actually a fairly common problem among veterans, or anyone who has gone through any sort of trauma, really. You go on living an ordinary life, and you could be perfectly content, even happy.

Except you feel like it shouldn't be.

Ever have that feeling that everything around you is a lie? You start wondering why everyone is smiling, or laughing, when you know that something is horribly wrong? You want to scream, either at them, or just in general, because they don't know what you know, even when it's so obvious. And that's the scary part.

But you can't scream at them. They'd think you were crazy. They'd think *you* were crazy. That's what drives me up the wall. There's nothing I can do, nothing I can fight against. Everything is too f*cking normal.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
xmbts said:
Lying is like 90% of what I do.
Is it?

Anyway, for me, it's less about what my lies are and more about how I lie (fun fact: At the time of this post, I'm lying in my bed).

swolf

May 3, 2010
Paksenarrion said:
swolf said:
Paksenarrion said:
Okay, what's up? That was an interesting answer so I've got to ask for a reason, a PM is acceptable if you don't want anyone else to know.
It's actually a fairly common problem among veterans, or anyone who has gone through any sort of trauma, really. You go on living an ordinary life, and you could be perfectly content, even happy.

Ever have that feeling that everything around you is a lie? You start wondering why everyone is smiling, or laughing, when you know that something is horribly wrong? You want to scream, either at them, or just in general, because they don't know what you know, even when it's so obvious. And that's the scary part.

But you can't scream at them. They'd think you were crazy. They'd think *you* were crazy. That's what drives me up the wall. There's nothing I can do, nothing I can fight against. Everything is too f*cking normal.
Yeah, that's what I figured was up. I just wanted to start by thanking you for your service. It is greatly appreciated. Also, I've talked with people with stories like yours and would just like to say that your sacrifice is astounding. That's definitely something recruiters won't tell you (at least mine didn't mention it). I hope that karma (or whatever you believe in) comes and awards you all the great things you deserve in life. Despite my best efforts, I was kicked out of the Army due to medical reasons and they refuse to let me back in. I guess I'm a sucker for punishment, kinda the logic that I don't deserve the life I have now.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
"No[, I didn't cause £300 worth of damage to the paintwork around the back of the house]"

That was the only direct, fully intentional lie I ever told, and I'm never going to do it again.

swolf

May 3, 2010
Yostbeef said:
Paksenarrion said:
AHAHAHAHAHA! Ah man that is funny.
Exactly what part of her response is funny to you? I think you should learn some respect for veterans. There are things that veterans have gone through and still go through that I doubt you could possibly even imagine. Try living in combat so long that you instinctually check all corners and look under vehicles for bombs. Or waking up in the middle of the night sweating and screaming in terror. I could go on and on and on with stories of people who have suffered the life-altering effects of war-time injuries both physical and psychological. That's not fun. So, yeah, what about that makes you laugh?

silverowl

May 6, 2009
sure. I lie all the time, and to everyone. white lies " yes honey, that dress looks gorgeous on you"
lies to parents " no I did not take 200 kr ( Norwegian currency) from your wallet"
lies to friends " sorry i can't hang with u guys today, i have a lot of homework"
etc
can't be helped i guess. lying to my sister must be the worst ones, because girls have some sort of magical thing that lets them figure out things that you lied about. and every time she did find out, she would hit me or give me a kill stare ( those of you who has ever pissed of a girl know what im talking about, scary stuff) so don't lie to girls basically :p

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
swolf said:
Paksenarrion said:
swolf said:
Paksenarrion said:
SNIP
Yeah, that's what I figured was up. I just wanted to start by thanking you for your service. It is greatly appreciated. Also, I've talked with people with stories like yours and would just like to say that your sacrifice is astounding. That's definitely something recruiters won't tell you (at least mine didn't mention it). I hope that karma (or whatever you believe in) comes and awards you all the great things you deserve in life. Despite my best efforts, I was kicked out of the Army due to medical reasons and they refuse to let me back in. I guess I'm a sucker for punishment, kinda the logic that I don't deserve the life I have now.
Don't believe that logic. Enjoy life as much as you feel like. Depending on what unit you would've ended up joining, the military may or may not live up to your expectations. Let's just say there are very few Lawful Good Paladins in the military, and more true neutral rogues in the general population.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Paksenarrion said:
swolf said:
Paksenarrion said:

I remember being kicked out of a convent. It was because I had a mental illness, but I hadn't really understood that, and, man, it hurt.

Everyone was able to be normal, but I never really could be after that. Like, I felt so... rejected. Like, I had wanted to do something with my life, and couldn't. And no one wanted me. Or something. And everything was just fucked up. People were all normal, but everything looked odd to me.

Anyway... that is probably not at all what you were talking about. I am insane, after all.

OP: Yes, I lie. All the time. Every damn day someone asks how I am, and I say "good, thanks".

Oh, and when people ask about my plans for the future or something. I consider it a good day if I'm alive at the end. But I tell them about some "goal" because people feel better when they have goals. I think.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
RaphaelsRedemption said:
Paksenarrion said:
swolf said:
Paksenarrion said:
SNIP
I remember being kicked out of a convent. It was because I had a mental illness, but I hadn't really understood that, and, man, it hurt.

Everyone was able to be normal, but I never really could be after that. Like, I felt so... rejected. Like, I had wanted to do something with my life, and couldn't. And no one wanted me. Or something. And everything was just fucked up. People were all normal, but everything looked odd to me.

Anyway... that is probably not at all what you were talking about. I am insane, after all.

OP: Yes, I lie. All the time. Every damn day someone asks how I am, and I say "good, thanks".

Oh, and when people ask about my plans for the future or something. I consider it a good day if I'm alive at the end. But I tell them about some "goal" because people feel better when they have goals. I think.
Actually, that's pretty much similar. And if you're insane, then I'm insane.

I'm at a loss about my goals. I have to lie about them, too. I wish there was a somewhat isolated community where people could just...exist. And then, in passing, people ask each other what their goals are in life, and laugh their asses off.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
"I've been cutting back"

"I'm clean"

"I'm not using"

"I'm done with that"

"This time I'm kicking for good"