Your mannerisms of the opposite sex

sniperworm

Apr 16, 2009
I used to have long hair (had it cut a week ago today).
I'm a sucker for small furry things, couldn't care less about sports of any nature and cars/bikes, I also get very scared of bees/wasps and spiders, mainly due to growing up around people that had phobias of them.

To top it all off I'm a big emotional softy, but I do the typical guy a thing and hide that, all everyone but my girlfriend gets to meet is a sarcastic bastard with the IQ of damp rice....

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
I love the taste of blood, honestly.
It tastes like pennies, which I used to suck on when I was a kid.
I'm with ya. I swallowed one too when I was like five. High-five for me being a dumb kid. :D

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
Also, I don't cry or get emotional.
I laughed during The Notebook.
And I'm un-girlishly undramatic.

Though that's not necessarily a 'girl thing.'

Bad LT.

Apr 24, 2009
First off hello,
I suppose the traits I have is that aren't commonly found in guys is:
-I'm not very aggressive unless someone keeps bugging me.
-I also don't care for sports, if people want to run around like dogs chasing a ball be my guest but I'm not going to do it.
-I don't use vulgar or profane language unless I get to the extremes of an emotion or I'm with close friends.
-I rarely work out, if at all, so I'm pretty scrawny.
-I would like to be able to draw, not that I can, but I would like to. (So if anyone can draw, help please)
-I'm not enthusiastic about cars, planes, or boats, there all just ways to get from A to B.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
i paint the nails on my left hand black ... and sometimes during boxing class i stop to appreciate the smoothness of some of the newer gloves

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
I'm not a violent person... in fact, my moral code revolves around not using violence to solve any problems.

Violence is not the answer... but then again, what is the question?

Anyway, this is seen as a sign of femininity by a lot of people (and by default, a sign that I might be gay). While I see no problem with being gay (I have a heck of a lot of friends who are, which is another sign), I'm not. However, there's a lot of cards I can play as a result.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Pardon for sounding like a bit of a freak here, but I don't know why everyone says that blood tastes so horrible, it's not THAT bad, I mean...sure it's not a very consumable substance, and you wouldn't drink it from a goblet without feeling a little ill, but it doesn't taste bad at all. I know other Escapists will think i'm a haemophiliac or something, but Max will probably agree.

*Hopes to hell that Max doesn't think i'm a freak.*
I love the taste of blood, honestly.
It tastes like pennies, which I used to suck on when I was a kid.
same here, every other thursday i buy a few pints of pigs blood from the butchers, some for drinking and i use the rest for blood pudding .. and after slaughtering and skinning deer or boar after shooting i have a habit of licking the blade .. it's not a complex or anything weird, i just genuinely enjoy the taste

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
I find animals are adorable.
I have long hair.
I like to draw.
I find sports to be idiotic.
I chew on my hair for no reason.. o_O
I like decorating the house around the holidays, and I like making costumes.
And I like learning how to cook things.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
LilGherkin said:
stormcaller said:
I like to cross my legs when I sit I guess, not total girly style though.
You're not alone my friend.
I did that once untill i found out i was the only one except my mom... So i stopped..

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Suiseiseki IRL said:
It's a world accepted fact thaat boys will act like boys, and girls will act like girls. Yet there are times where one of one gender may exhibit characterisitcs and behaviors of the opposite gender. Whether it be occasionally or constantly, no being is exempt. What characteristics or behaviors of the opposite sex do you exhibit? How often?

I have many mannerisms. I have an interest in guns, tanks, planes , etc. And I especially love talking about them. I also have an appetite that would put a lumberjack to shame, and I LOVE meat. I can often talk to other men like I was one of them (because I don't exhibit girly habits around them). But one of my most interesting ones is that sometimes I'll wash the back of one of my hands with Axe, so I can smell it throughout the day at command (it smells good to me.)

EDIT: I can tank alchohol very well. And I can suck down a can of Monster in one sip, in less than seven seconds.
well, generally speaking I can act rather girly when I'm around other girls :p I'm not that masculine a guy so... yeah lol

for example, if I were to meet you, I'd probably ask for a hug 5 minutes into the conversation :p

edit: in all fairness though, I'd probably say I'm more of my own kind - I don't really act masculine or feminine :p I can rant on about circus skills for ever and ever, am very interested in history, am a big time paccifist... all of which are rather gender-unrelated things :p

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
IxionIndustries said:
I find animals are adorable.
I have long hair.
I like to draw.
I like decorating the house around the holidays, and I like making costumes.
And I like learning how to cook things.
Yeah, i guess those things fit on me too :)

whiskey_hicks

May 8, 2009
When it comes to "woman mannerisms" for me I'm going to go with compulsive urges to match color of shoes with belt and the fact that I cry during very sad parts of movies.

Like Marley and Me.

Murlin

I came here to laugh at you
Jul 15, 2009
stormcaller said:
I like to cross my legs when I sit I guess, not total girly style though.
same for me + I have long hair, and people sometimes mistake me for a girl

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Must...not...make...joke..
Uragh!

Anyway...I never swallowed one. I'd probably have choked to death.

I'm unlucky.
I'm proud of your restraint Maxi. ^^

It went down pretty easily. Much to the dismay of my parents.
MaxTheReaper said:
Also, I am EXCEPTIONALLY OVERDRAMATIC
I fucking love it.
Well, add it to your list, missus, err, mister. XP

I kid.

Celd

Nov 24, 2008
whiskey_hicks said:
When it comes to "woman mannerisms" for me I'm going to go with compulsive urges to match color of shoes with belt and the fact that I cry during very sad parts of movies.

Like Marley and Me.
I do the first part of what you said and with the Marley and Me part, well lets just say I know a big tough jock who admitted to me that he cried a little at that part so I think it is normal for that movie.

sniperworm

Apr 16, 2009
whiskey_hicks said:

Like Marley and Me.
Everyone that has/had a dog and treated better than a walking fur pile should have cried in that movie, You'd have to be a monster not to.