Your Marvel vs Capcom 3 team

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I haven't seen a thread for this so I'll start one.

So, who do you use? And do you have any advice on how to use certain characters?

Dante appears to be my most common character.
Deadpool is one of my favourite characters (no surprise), but at the moment I'm only "ok" with him...I want to get better.
Super Skrull is awesome, and I occasionally throw in Spencer for good measure.

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
Chris
Wesker
Dante

I was going to have Frank West as a third but seeing as he is not there I can't have a zombie team. So I went with Dante.

Mister Eff

Apr 11, 2009
I'm still trying out as many combinations as I can really. The one I'm playing right now is:

Deadpool
She-Hulk
Trish

I also liked a lot:
Iron Man
She-Hulk
Sentinel.

and

Dante
Chris
Thor.

I just like picking random ones and exploring. Hating Pheonix, Ryu, Chun-Lo and Tsien Ko (???) however.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
mine so far stands at any combination of:

Amaterasu
X-23
Viewtiful Joe
Haggar

Haggar's pipe/axe handle attacks make deadly setups for his aerial grab... he can kill pheonix in 1 combo, without assistance!
Joe's aerial combo is also brilliant...
The other 2 are my main offensive strategy... as they have an excellant balance of speed and range.
and apart from X-23... i really love these characters :D ...i just wish Haggar wasnt a Zangief knock-off... i hate Zangief enough, without Haggar's terrible story piled on top :/

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Iron Man, Amaterasu, Chris Redfield.

Most successful team. Amaterasu surprised me with how great she is.

Catface Meowmers

Bless My Nippers!
Aug 29, 2010
I just bought the game last night, never played MvC2 so I went into it pretty fresh and clueless.

I mostly was playing randomly with my friend, trying out every character. I'd LIKE to get good with Amaterasu, she seems to kick a lot of ass, so right now my team is:

Amaterasu
Dante
random thirds until I find one I like.

jobobob

Oct 17, 2008
Deadpool
Dante
Chris

You can stunlock people with Deadpools fast hit/Dante's ice attack.

Catface Meowmers

Bless My Nippers!
Aug 29, 2010
I've got a followup question for this thread:

Do you guys pick your team because they fit your playing style the best, or because you like the character's style/moves and want to become good with them?

So basically characters fit you vs. train to fit characters.

or do you pick them because you've heard they're the best in a certain way and you want to use that to your advantage?

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Spider-Man
Viewtiful Joe
Iron Man

I knew I was having Spidey and Joe since before release because I like 'em. Iron Man was picked from a pretty long list, including Chris, Taskmaster, Ryu, Deadpool and X-23.
But I saw the film Iron Man 2 the other day, which luckily made me biased towards a character I'm pretty now good with.
[sub][sub]PROTON CANNON![/sub][/sub]

Chris, Taskmaster and Ryu have formed my "Delta Squad" as I call them, since I'm a big, fat nerd. I kinda want to replace one of them with X-23, just so my two teams aren't a complete wiener-fest.
Couldn't have Deadpool since my sister nicked him when we first played it. Damn her and her keen character select screen eyes.

This is a pretty long post, considering it could've just been three names.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
I'm rocking Wesker/Dante/Sentinel at the moment. I'm really liking the Wesker/Sent combo but I'm not really sure Dante fits in there. Wesker is definitely my best character I love his teleport mixups and his great offence. Sent is just broken so I like him but Dante is only on my team so I can DHC out of Wesker's super safely or combo on hit, or to prop them up a bit more for OTG combos.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Taskmaster
Trish
Zero

Seems to be working pretty well. Maybe it's because they all have swords. I just the styles really. I didn't even know who Trish was.

Another good team I've found is
Dormammu
Akuma
Wesker

Apparently I like having a 'theme' this one's theme being 'demonic-ish badguys'