Your mom is facing your books

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
I've seen some real horror stories unfold from parents either commenting on their kids' status updates that have swear words in them, comment on wall posts that their friends write, or worse still, see pictures that have been uploaded of them.

I know a guy who was nearly booted out of his home for a Facebook picture that surfaced of him with a joint in his mouth, and he's not even a stoner or anything, it was like a one-time drag at a party last year. So for those reasons I've refused to add my parents on Facebook - my mum tries to add me all the time but I just tell her that I don't use it anymore. It's half true; I just check up on it every now and again for updates.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
Meh, my dad got Facebook recently, and I had no problem accepting him. I rarely post stuff anyway, so it's not like it's gonna change anything.

Bottom line, I'd never put something on Facebook I wouldn't want getting back to my parents. People talk you know! Word gets around!

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
2000 parents? You know if you only polled 1 person there's a 50/50 chance that you could say that 100% of parents spy on their kids.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My mum doesn't even know how to use the computer let alone know what Facebook is. Even is she it up to date with the electronic world I don't post embrassing stuff anyway.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
My dad has nothing to do with Facebook, he's not the most computer literate of people anyway, though he has some basic knowledge (enough for his work and for reading and sending emails). My mum has an account and she's one of my 'friends' online, and the same goes for my Nan, which mean I just have to watch what I say on there. However, after my brother (not my parents, oddly enough) hacked my account using my usual password, just for the fun of it, I changed it and so now I have no fears on any hacking taking place. But yeah, I have to be a bit careful, but I barely use Facebook anyway and when I do, I often use PM instead of posting on walls, so it's hardly a big problem...

Thamous

Sep 23, 2008
If you wouldn't want your parents to know about it you probably shouldn't have done it in the first place. Furthermore, you wouldn't want to then go brag about on the internet, where it can be captured for all eternity.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
im friends with my dad but hes never on. even if he and my mum watched me id fine i just swear alot more

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
enzilewulf said:
Yeah I have to monitor what I post on facebook because my aunt will whine about it.
Delete her then.

OT: If mine ever worked out how to, and then proceeded to try, the words "fuck off" would be gliding neatly through my mind as I hit the 'reject' button.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
I just decline their invites. It's easy. That or block them from seeing specific things. It's not that I dislike my parents at all.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
My mum added me as a friend on Facebook and tells me off for swearing.
I show her how to use the computer and internet so she can more effectively tell me off for swearing.

Then I post a full status update of nothing but swears.
That she tells me off for.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
Any good parent should monitor their child's activities online.

Also, don't assume you're doing anything your parents haven't done worse.

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
Both of my parents are on Facebook, and I've added them both. Neither of them are on very often, mom and I had a good relationship, and I have nothing on there I would be ashamed to show them.

And I don't feel like I must censor myself because I'm afraid of them seeing something because I don't post stuff like that. I didn't before they got Facebooks, and I don't now.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
I honestly don't think either of my parents could figure out how to access Facebook. Moreover, there are multiple people with my name that appear before me.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
My parents know pretty much everything I get up to anyway, I don't do anything questionable or illegal so I have no reason to be bothered.

Marcosn

Jun 26, 2009
smearyllama said:
I did add my mom and dad, but they never actually use it, anyway, so I'm good there.
I helped my mom make her account, actually.
I think she forgot how to use it or something.
My dad it just too lazy.

Anyway, I rarely post anything objectionable, though my mom saw me in a picture with a girl from school while looking at my page while passing by, and said, loudly
"Ooh! Who's that? She's cute!"
And commented on her breasts.

She forget that I'm fifteen, and not five, and that I'm allowed to have friends who are girls.
You described mine (and possibly everybody elses) mum/s ,I had to help her set hers up and she stopped using at after a few weeks as she saw no point.
Also she does the same thing whenever she see's me with any girl.ever. (most of my friends are girls)

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Marcosn said:
smearyllama said:
I did add my mom and dad, but they never actually use it, anyway, so I'm good there.
I helped my mom make her account, actually.
I think she forgot how to use it or something.
My dad it just too lazy.

Anyway, I rarely post anything objectionable, though my mom saw me in a picture with a girl from school while looking at my page while passing by, and said, loudly
"Ooh! Who's that? She's cute!"
And commented on her breasts.

She forget that I'm fifteen, and not five, and that I'm allowed to have friends who are girls.
You described mine (and possibly everybody elses) mum/s ,I had to help her set hers up and she stopped using at after a few weeks as she saw no point.
Also she does the same thing whenever she see's me with any girl.ever. (most of my friends are girls)
My mom discovered farmville. My mom decided to spend rest of her life on it. End of story :p