Your Moments of Gaming rage.

jaammiie

Master of the Universe
Jun 3, 2007
I once but my controller during a session of Mirror's Edge (I think) on hard mode. The amount of cheap deaths is staggering. It made a dent on my controller. At least I know which one's mine now.

Delritho

Aug 12, 2009
I mostly rage quit in BC2 because people always IGNORE THE FUCKING TANK. Seriously, this ONE tank is blowing the shit out of our objectives and we can't even get 5 people to stop being snipers to BLOW IT UP? Fuck. That. Noise. I'm tired of 3/5th's of the Defenders being sniper and being pretty much useless otherwise. Also? Being brought down by a support classes guns from HALFWAY ACROSS THE TOWN when I am about to get a head shot on him. Pure. Fucking. Bullshit. I got more to complain about on BC2, but I doubt you want to hear that.

Jun 11, 2009
There is one thing that stands out in my mind and it comes from the lovely land of Azeroth. Now, this happened at a time when I was already disillusioned with WoW. Pretty much all the people I had come to rely upon as regulars had either quit or were way ahead of me in leveling (stupid homework making me take a one week break).

People who play Undead in the game will know the quest I'm talking about if they ever went to Tanaris. There's a high apothecary in the Undercity who wants you to take a field testing kit to the Tanaris desert, harvest samples (I don't know what of) from the local wildlife, then use these samples on the testing kit and see if they give her the data she needs.

There are some fatal flaws with this however:

You must buy the kit yourself (Not much by 43rd level, but come on game! We're talking about the Royal Apothecary Society here.) In order to make the damn thing work, you need to bring water pouches to a goblin so he'll give you a power source. This isn't so bad, except that the kit only works for 6 hours. And that 6 hours keeps ticking even if you're in the safe zone of an inn.
As for the test samples themselves, they are a whole different ball game. Firstly, you need 8 USABLE samples from rocs, basilisks and hyenas. Not so bad, right? Oh yes. Oh yes it is. Firstly, the innocent animals are capable of ripping apart a Mage like myself, so even if I could nuke away half their health bar, I still stood a chance of dying if more than 2 of them ganged up on me.
Secondly, your character gets stunned for EIGHT GODDAMN SECONDS if one of the basilisks looks him in the eye.
Thirdly, not every animal yields a sample. Because the basilisk that was murdering me whilst I was stunned for the last eight seconds was obviously not an acceptable subject.
Fourthly, not every one of the samples yields a workable sample when tested.
Not even this would be so bad if it weren't for the hour and a half time limit I was supposed to follow (damn you, school!).

Oh, did I mention that the raw samples only last for 3 hours (because you're obviously not going to test them right away) and the usable samples only last for 2? No? My apologies.
Whilst all this kept me occupied for a couple of days, I had finally done it. I had finally completed the quest and was able to turn it in.

Except I had failed the quest the first time, thus rendering it not able to be completed unless reaccepted. Which involves abandoning the quest. Which destroys all quest items.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHGGGGHGGGHGRRRRRARHRGGGHAHGAHGEHGHGAHGGAGHGHARRRRRRRR.

Gestapo Hunter

Oct 20, 2008
Wintergrasp PvP

The Alliance are who we thought they were! And we let them off the hook! Now if you want to crown their asses CROWN EM! BUT THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!

ShankHA32

May 10, 2009
Does the "gaming rage" have to be video games?

My friend and i were playing ping pong, and he kept mocking my skill. It didn't help that my dog died earlier that day. I scored 3 point in a row off of him, and he whined about my luck. Thats when i threw my ping pong racket as hard as i could.....but he had good enough reflexes to dodge it. Still, it put a hole in his nice shiny basement wall, so i got some vague satisfaction there.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Just today I played game after game of MW2 filled with Sniper Campers, Akimbo Sprinters (People who put lightweight on and run around with dueal shot guns), Sneakers (People who follow you for a short distance and knife you in the back),and a new one Mr I'll-use-RPG-in-close-quarters-and-get-kills-lol, combine this with the fact that I never got one kill, not one the worst part is the angrier I get the worse my aim gets making what could be easy kills wind up as being failures, and that I had just watched my friend kick ass at the game, and was now trying it for myself. That is a great recipe for gamer rage my brow still hurts from glaring so much.

Dec 16, 2009
early 90's head butted a mega drive/genesis controller playin SF2 against m.bison after bein tin hatted by him over n over

force unleashed, got so pee'd off with the death star battle that i traded the game

demon's souls has made me scream over n over

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
ejb626 said:
Just today I played game after game of MW2 filled with Sniper Campers, Akimbo Sprinters (People who put lightweight on and run around with dueal shot guns), Sneakers (People who follow you for a short distance and knife you in the back),and a new one Mr I'll-use-RPG-in-close-quarters-and-get-kills-lol, combine this with the fact that I never got one kill, not one the worst part is the angrier I get the worse my aim gets making what could be easy kills wind up as being failures, and that I had just watched my friend kick ass at the game, and was now trying it for myself. That is a great recipe for gamer rage my brow still hurts from glaring so much.
Ohhh Sneakers aren't that bad, it's not without reason that most MW2 multiplayer guides give you the advice to keep your back unexposed as much as possible and look behind you every now and then (and check your corners). Heck, from that little list of yours, it's the only one against you can actually properly do something. Not unlike campers (all you can do is hide and suck your thumb) or 1887 sprinters (just, well, nothing I suppose, even hiding barely works, they just have to aim in your general direction anyway) or the RPG/javelin-glitch abusers. Sneaker is actually quite difficult to play against proper players, I feast on the ignorant rushers though.

As for the rest, yes, MW2 makes me rage so often too. But I still keep playing. Why?!

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
I can't exactly recall any games or game sequences that made me agitated, although I did have some trouble with games on the hardest difficulty.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ... The Mile High Club level on Veteran was so hard that I actually just finished it a few months ago. Never doing that again, seriously.

God of War 2: the final bit before you reach Clotho, with the hallway filled with enemies. That really got on my senses as well.

Those are a couple of examples. Aside from that, I only have trouble sometimes with really hard parts in a game or the very high difficulties for some games. For example: I dare you to finish Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising on Hardcore. I did and I'm never playing it again on that mode. I was so relieved when I finished it on that difficulty.

Do I throw things when a game irritates me? No. Do I yell or scream? No. Do I punch a wall and act retarded (watch the Modern Warfare 2 chap on Youtube as a reference)? No. The worst I ever had, is that my face cramps up and that a genuinely annoying "GRRRR" tends to slip past my lips. And if I keep having trouble getting past a certain sequence, I just turn off the game and keep myself occupied with more meaningful things.

I'm not a violent person of nature. If I was, my current controller would have died a most painful death a long time ago.

Joshy8632

May 22, 2009
TL ; DR al of it only to page 2

I ripped a couch in half.

I had a REALLY comfy two seated couch AKA a love seat in my basement for gaming and i was playing i believe call of duty 4 (Not completely sure) on veteran i had memorized all the checkpoints in the game and i was almost done a level and i purposely ran forward into one while people were still shooting at me.

*Checkpoint Reached*

Then i happen to die about 2 minutes later and when i spawn right in front of me BAM 6 guys and me with a pistol out with 3 ammo and my primary needed to be reloaded and no cover to be seen other than a wooden armoire thingy. I played that checkpoint for no word of a lie 6 hours to get to the next checkpoint. Died as i crossed it.

*Checkpoint reached*

Same thing guys in front of me but not behind me as well and i have no chance in hell.

Long story short i braced my back against the arm and pushed my legs into the other one arching my back and the couch split in two also stabbing me in the leg with one of the nails.

I STILL HAVE A SCAR!

The only thing salvageable was the cushions which i use to this day on my new couch.

(NOT a love seat this time)

=====================================

WAIT! got another one Dead rising trying to get the saint achievement.

it's 9 am days 3 i go to the wonderland plaza for the old ***** on the soccor ball using a queen to clear the area. bring her into the bathroom unharmed save before going to paradise plaza and after and then her dying for some odd glitch as i was saving again in the paradise bathrooms. Broke a controller and an old tv that day.

Editos

Sep 14, 2009
Coolboarders 2 on the PSX.

Trying to do a big air event had me swinging my pad round like a lassoo before smashing it into the wall. Remarkably it didn't shatter into a million pieces.

I also used to punch my PSX and would up having to prop the lid open with a pencil just to get the damn thing to play a disc.

I also rage hard at various online FPS's. Normally ends up with interesting choices of words, generally preceeded by 'fuck'.

Joshy8632

May 22, 2009
I miss the good old days with gameshark and gamegenie with the older consoles.

Still to this day i cheat hack and generally glitch through any singleplayer game i have trouble with with.

GOD BLESS GAMEFAQS!

So yeah other than a few moment stated earlier ^^^

I dont rage much anymore cause i dont play online anymore.

Rock Beefchest

Dec 20, 2008
I am generally good natured and rarely rage, but when I was trying to do the ultimate playlist on rockband 2 in one sitting without pausing to unlock the achievment and failed at the third to last song.

my girlfriend left the room she said i turned purple and was just screaming. I broke the shit out the controller though.

Jun 11, 2009
Uncharted 2 Multiplayer.

It's normally a very balanced game, since everyone starts out with the same guns and the special ones are in hard-to-reach places with limited ammo, but there are some consistent things that just piss me off to high hell.

1. Why is it that I am capable of unloading what seems like an entire clip of AK-47/FAL(combat sniper rifle) into someone, but because the AK is inaccurate and the FAL is weak, they are capable of surviving?
2. Why is it that those very same people are capable of hitting me with one three-shot burst from a FAL and reducing me to 15% health?
3. Sniping anyone with a Dragon sniper rifle. I am always literally millimetres off-target.
4. Grenades. Seriously, extend the timers on the damn things! If someone throws a grenade at your feet it is literally inescapable, unlike the ones thrown by the AI bots in the co-op mode and single-player.
5. Abuse of the special guns. You'd think that after being shot in the back seventeen times by the same shotgun-using *****, he'd have run out of ammo. Nope.

Anyone have anything to add to that list, or did I cover it all?

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Got really pissed off on MW2 earlier today. I got a new headset, and I can't really tell how loud I'm shouting, so I'm sure my parents heard 'FUCK OFF!' very, very clearly.

Also, during the downloadable Auditore Family Crypt level for AC2, Ezio kept jumping the wrong way and I swear I would have received a hidden blade to the face if he:

A:Existed
B:Was Still Alive
C:Was beside me