Your Mom's Computer Can Run Fallout: New Vegas

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Ain't that a kick in the head by Dean Martin was also in the Mafia II Soundtrack.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Red Right Hand said:
Why is it impossible for me to ever get a dedicated graphics card? All I ever seem to buy is fucking integrated. Ahhhhh!!!! I might just buy a computer that's actually fucking good when I get the money. Alas, no money at the moment.
I'm no expert in matters of the heart graphics cards, but can't you just install another one and then set your PC to use your non-integrated one as the default card or something?

I mean, yeah, if you've got no money obviously you can't, but I would assume it's possible to simply buy one.

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
Amnestic said:
Red Right Hand said:
Why is it impossible for me to ever get a dedicated graphics card? All I ever seem to buy is fucking integrated. Ahhhhh!!!! I might just buy a computer that's actually fucking good when I get the money. Alas, no money at the moment.
I'm no expert in matters of the heart graphics cards, but can't you just install another one and then set your PC to use your non-integrated one as the default card or something?

I mean, yeah, if you've got no money obviously you can't, but I would assume it's possible to simply buy one.
It's a laptop, and apparently it's impossible to upgrade the graphics card which is a bummer to say the least. I could probably afford a decent graphics card, but a whole computer? No way.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Hey, my mom's PC actually could run it... well... that is, if I didn't kill the video card while it was my PC.

Anyway, can't wait for this game! I hope it lives up to all my dreams... actually, I just hope it's a slight improvement on Fallout 3, then I'll be pretty happy.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
HAH!

MY MOM'S COMPUTER!

You're a funny man, Andy. My mom's computer can hardly run Windows XP as it is.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
considering fallout 3 had my computer chugging from time to time I would have to say that saying new vegas requires a decent gaming PC would be a given

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
It wouldn't work on the "mom's" pc , the average moms PC has 4 antivirus programs running at once, 50 startup programs, desktop cluttered with shit eating up ram, and is running on intels integrated graphics.

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
My mom's PC is a laptop with 1.5 GHz, 512 MB of RAM and an SiS integrated gfx chip with 64 MB.
It chucks when someone throws a smoke grenade in CS 1.6.

Seriously though, I like how they kept the requirements rather low, many PC developers should take a few pointers from that. I'm not against having good graphics, but make it accessible to people who don't have the cash to shell out for a new PC (or to upgrade it) every year too.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Charcharo said:
Lord_Gremlin said:
Wow, my PC is significantly more powerful than this. Still, I'm used to PS3 so give me good PS3 version or I won't buy it until it dirt-cheap on steam sale.
Just use your PS3 controler with the computer...
Trophies, man. Trophy collecting is a kind of MMORPG.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
shaboinkin said:
It wouldn't work on the "mom's" pc , the average moms PC has 4 antivirus programs running at once, 50 startup programs, desktop cluttered with shit eating up ram, and is running on intels integrated graphics.
...Wow. That is depressingly and startlingly accurate.

You, sir, are the winner of this thread.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I should hope it could. We did design her computer to run Windows Vista and Photoshop at the same time.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Lord_Gremlin said:
Charcharo said:
Lord_Gremlin said:
Wow, my PC is significantly more powerful than this. Still, I'm used to PS3 so give me good PS3 version or I won't buy it until it dirt-cheap on steam sale.
Just use your PS3 controler with the computer...
Trophies, man. Trophy collecting is a kind of MMORPG.
You could do it the way I'm doing with Fallout 3. I already have all the achievements for the PC version, and I'm playing throught the 360 version right now, to get all the achievements again, plus more laughs.