Your most biggest video game rage.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Ok people, this is a thread where we talk about our biggest video game fits.

So say your story/s, list the game you were raging about and what reason.

I'll start
One time when I was playing Pokemon Black (Also the reason I did this thread in the first place), I was facing a Gym leader, I was down to my last chance Pokemon which had low health, but the Gym leader was also on his last Pokemon on lower health then mine. My Pokemon had quick claw which allows him to attack first, I attack, but the Gym leader uses ANOTHER hyper potion and healths the same Pokemon to full health, I attack, a bit of his health came off. Next turn I attack, BUT the damn quick claw doesn't work and he attacks, which kills me. I quickly turn off the game and scream at it.

Game: Pokemon Black
Reason of Rage: Leader had a load of potions and had the lead attack which he shouldn't had.

loudmadman

Nov 22, 2011
Getting hit by a blue shell on the last lap near the finish line on wi-fi never fails in putting me in a rage

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Game: Metroid Fusion
Doing a 1% run and beating a boss finally on my fiftieth try only to be killed by the core X and its lazy chase algorithm.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Playing Fallout: NV, making good progress, levelling up, getting stuff. Not quicksaved in a while, my brother manages to make the power cut out to the whole house. Not impressed.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
him over there said:
Doing a 1% run and beating a boss finally on my fiftieth try only to be killed by the core X and its lazy chase algorithm.
Whats a 1% run?

On topic . Biggest is playing SMT: nocturne hard mode . This is a brutal dungeoncrawler . Now when you are 5 steps away from a save point , only to get a random encounter , and the opponent back atracks you and ONLY attacks the hero ( when the maincharacter dies it is game over no matter what) and kills you in one turn . This happens quite often too , always makez me rage . I did manage to beat the game on har eventually , but it was not easy at all.

Magnus

Dec 12, 2011
Once I stayed up all night trying to finnish Vagrant Story, couldn't beat the last boss and got so annoyed I punched the floor, unfortunately I had a glass in my hand at the time, never again.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
krazykidd said:
him over there said:
Whats a 1% run?
One percent is when you skip every possible item that counts toward item completion. So 0 energy tanks and 10 missiles, 5 power bombs if I remember.

3asytarg3t

Jun 8, 2010
I rage deleted TF2. Been playing it since before it was even officially released, got the medallion to prove it.

It was the death of a thousand cuts with all the haphazardly implemented weapons piling up along with all the non-sense with the hats.

Just came to me one day that a perfectly well balanced game had been ruined by it's creator, it was time to move on.

Delete, never looked back. Rule of thumb: MP games have a moment in time, enjoy them, and move on.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Uh, the biggest one I´ve had in a while was when i played League of Legends.
I can´t even remember what exactly happened, but i was playing with a friend and basically, lady luck threw poo onto my windscreen, if ya get what i mean. And yeah, at one point, when my mouse lagged for a second (it does that fairly often, something about the wire being old, gotta buy a new one), i almost snapped. The feeling was so horrible, and at the very moment when i wanted to scream and held it in, my head started doing some pretty epic aching. So yeah, my whole day was kinda ruined.
Lovely.

Karthesios

Jul 11, 2010
I would say mine was with Final Fantasy X, and the lightning-dodging minigame. I got to 196 consecutive dodges then got hit. Nearly ten years later and I've never once again tried.

To clarify, you need 200 consecutive dodges in order to win the valuable item that comes from playing the minigame.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Game- Pokemon Pinball

Reason- While the game only consist of two buttons (the flippers) it seen I lack the "skill" to capture the Pokemon in that game (I think you have to flip the ball to hit the Pokemon a few times within the time limit).
Needless to say when I did encounter a rare Pokemon but fail to capture it by the last second I rage to the point that I slam my Gameboy Color onto the hard part of the bed (which cause it to reset).

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I'm kind of a patient gamer really but;

I have a friend who without fail will rage at me and the game the entire time we are playing co op but god forbid I should ever complain about anything lest I be a neurotic *****.

The lastest is he's telling me about how snipers cover works in TOR (because I'd like to play one) and I get puzzled as to why you be cc'd out of it and calmly question this. He totally rages at me and says I'm overreacting and I've not even played the game yet.

Oh and then there was the time when he was playing Portal 2 while tired and kept killing me over and over again and overwriting my portals etc. I got a little annoyed as it seemed he was trolling me. Again he flies into a massive rage that I think everything revolves around me etc.

Sometimes I wonder if he's on steroids lol.

It annoys me somewhat.

geekRAGE

Aug 23, 2010
I was playing some WoW doing a dungeon raid on the final boss hoping for a rare drop. During the fight my Internet cuts out and I get disc. I slammed my laptop lid shut and threw it like a frisbee at the wall.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Dead or Alive 4.

Fucking turqoise last boss.

Hate her so much. Broke 2 controllers, tv-remote and the game disc due to her.

Daniel Elfrank

Apr 8, 2010
When you're dying a lot and the game asks "WOULD YOU LIKE THINGS TO BE EASIER?". NO, SHUT UP! I KNOW HOW TO CHANGE DIFFICULTY SETTINGS.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Fucking freezes. They piss me off more than anything. Besides God of War's challenge thing. And it's hardest difficulty.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
Fire Emblem: Hector Hard Mode- the whole damned game. Nobody got a good level.

Also, Golden Sun- Fallen Star hard mode mod: first boss annihilating me time after time. I had to close my laptop and calm down.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Four words perfectly describe this thread:
Demons' Souls - King Allant (Area 1 last boss)
'Nuff said.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
Owlslayer said:
Uh, the biggest one I´ve had in a while was when i played League of Legends.
I can´t even remember what exactly happened, but i was playing with a friend and basically, lady luck threw poo onto my windscreen, if ya get what i mean. And yeah, at one point, when my mouse lagged for a second (it does that fairly often, something about the wire being old, gotta buy a new one), i almost snapped. The feeling was so horrible, and at the very moment when i wanted to scream and held it in, my head started doing some pretty epic aching. So yeah, my whole day was kinda ruined.
Lovely.
wait... what happened? I feel like you left out part of the story of what happened when your mouse lagged.

With me, it was with WoW, i was doing a dungeon and the internet cut out, got angry and threw Nail Clippers at my moniter, which put a small indentation which is still in my computer today. Most of the time i usually just quietly mope to myself and rage quit.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Mod Racers (for the PSP).

Don't know if all Mod Racers are the same, but the one for the PSP is a real *****. You CANNOT beat the first race in 1st place. You in order for you to advance, you need to finish in at least 3rd place. And before my aptitude for racing games comes to question, I was playing in NORMAL difficulty and I did mange to finish in 2nd on many of the earlier stages (only after finishing in 3rd or 4th place many times).

This game sucks you in with its awesome customization features and all you get is a frustrating racer that expects you to be a pro from the get-go in order for you to place in 1st on any of the tracks.