Your most dissapointing game you played?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Aby_Z said:
Snotnarok said:
Aby_Z said:
Dark Sector. Horrible game to pay full price for. I thought it'd be good but it was disappointing in just about every single way. The only thing that made up for its' shitty everything was the Glaive, which never got boring.

I bought it day one for 60 bucks. The second I bought it it had already dropped in 'worth' to 20 bucks QQ
That game was totally unfinished, it just felt so empty.
It was riddled with glitches and flaws, had horrible pacing, horrible bosses (Only one I enjoyed and it was repetitive) and the story... God, don't even get me started on the story.

It had major potential, it did, but the execution was way off.
Yeah I remember it started out REALLY promising. But the thing is, the "virus" never gets worse/upgrades you. Nothing got more difficult it was the same game the same thing all the way through to the really shitty last boss.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Snotnarok said:
Aby_Z said:
Snotnarok said:
Aby_Z said:
Dark Sector. Horrible game to pay full price for. I thought it'd be good but it was disappointing in just about every single way. The only thing that made up for its' shitty everything was the Glaive, which never got boring.

I bought it day one for 60 bucks. The second I bought it it had already dropped in 'worth' to 20 bucks QQ
That game was totally unfinished, it just felt so empty.
It was riddled with glitches and flaws, had horrible pacing, horrible bosses (Only one I enjoyed and it was repetitive) and the story... God, don't even get me started on the story.

It had major potential, it did, but the execution was way off.
Yeah I remember it started out REALLY promising. But the thing is, the "virus" never gets worse/upgrades you. Nothing got more difficult it was the same game the same thing all the way through to the really shitty last boss.
Nothing was ever explained, the mellee was horrendous... The only redeeming quality of the game was the Glaive which was genuine fun, but everything else was worthless.

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
Definitely Far Cry 2. And the worst thing is, it wasn't even a terrible game. It was just sooo much worse than it looked.

Turkey Braveheart

Apr 15, 2010
Enter the Matrix

It didn't the more interesting characters, it had terrible rail shooter scenes, you most ran away from agents and it was so repetitive it made flying through the air shooting things boring.

Emilin_Rose

Aug 8, 2009
Disgaea. Great story, great characters, except for one.

Flonne has almost NO characterization throughout the game. And also has no flaws. Everything that's supposed to be a flaw is really just a cutesy little quirk designed to make everyone like her. Kind of like the girl in all the hollywood movies whose "ugly" because she wears a turtleneck and a ponytail but really actually isn't.

also, when you first track her down, she repels a fire attack with ease, and then summons a dragon. Can she do either of those in battle? no.

Like it or not, flonne is a mary-sue in truest form. and was she necessary? maybe as a minor character. they had a perfectly good female lead with etna, and a whole scene written where she and laharl flirted with each other, and then suddenly flonne appears and etna is pushed to the side to make room for the new female lead. why? i don't know. maybe someone lost a bet, or got drunk. but that really is the main thing that almost ruined disgaea for me. i'm just glad i didn't have to actually hear her much, especially since she's useless in battle unless you get her enough mana to make an apprentice. and since she only learns moves from her apprentice, she can't learn terra attacks till they're level 100. and if your going to level a mage to 100, you no doubt will be using it a lot, and if your going to be using it a lot you probably want to give it the highest iq possible. not only does that take a lot of mana, but if your going to create it anyways you may as well just cut the middle man and just use the mage/cleric you made. And if you're going to do that, well then what's the point of flonne. Also, her special has been specially made to heal both you and any nearby enemies, so that's no good either, which means she really has no redeeming qualities to her.

before you go on about how she's tragic and dark, let me point out that her character doesn't change over the course of the game. She's bubbly and happy, except for one scene where she gets slightly angry with laharl. then she's happy again for another 2 chapters then SUDDENLY she becomes all dark and angsty and willing to die. that is not characterization. That is my 13 year old sibling in a forum rp, mary-sue to the core.

Etna was far FAR better in battle and in character, and if you ask me they wrote the characters so well you can actually see the chemistry between her and laharl. Flonne just doesn't make ANY sense to me at all other than a background character like Hoggmeiser.

/rant

I don't think i'll ever be able to get over it. Usually things like that make me run to fanfiction, but there is no etna/laharl fanfiction anywhere on the net it seems.

Captain Codpiece

Mar 21, 2010
I'm not sure why everyone here seems to dislike Far Cry 2, its one of my favorite games, I just think that after playing Cod then it can seem a bit sluggish, however I think this is realistic.
Same for Fallout 3, I think the greyness is somewhat needed in a post-nuclear apocalyptic
wasteland.

Most disappointing game - Quantum Of Solace I wasted 15GPB on that. Fortunately I didn't fall into the trap and buy MW2.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Fable 2, It was so easy and it held your hand so much. It's like they thought I was a moron. Oh and the ending...just...no.

Star Ocean 4, Horrible acting, horrible story, horrible characters.

Chronic42

Apr 8, 2010
I have to say Destroy All Humans 2, the first one was brilliant and you actually could destroy humans but in number 2 it was more Destroy All humans and protect every second scientist or some drugged hippie.

lemby117

Apr 16, 2009
quote]
Oblivion is my most hated game ever, next would be Far Cry II and Mass Effect II.
Notice a pattern here? They're all sequels![/quote]
odd they are some of my favourites of well back to arkham asylum... oh yeah and my most dissapointing game was the wheelman still enjoyed it though.

vector13578

Aug 25, 2009
I've probably said this in a few other threads but Perfect Dark: Zero was total trash. First Perfect Dark was awesome, then they make the first sequel in years and decided that they didn't need 85-90% of the things that made the original good. The only thing that I even remotely liked about it was in multiplayer when you had to purchase weapons every time you died (like a load out set up) which made a better incentive for killing people when the host had it enabled.

/rant

-Resident Evil Outbreak
-Dead Rising, sure killing zombies is fun but there is only so much of it I can take to excuse hard "boss" fights and having to replay over and over again from the beginning just to lvl up so I don't get owned.

EmeraldGreen

Professional Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Prince of Persia 2008. The parkour was too easy and terribly repetitive. The combat was dull and awkward and finger-hurtingly full of QTEs. Restoring the cursed areas was just a faded imitation of Okami. And instead of the Prince's and Elika's relationship developing while you actually played the game, you had to get to some solid ground, command the Prince to talk to Elika and then twiddle your thumbs while they talked, stared at each other blankly, and alternated between their two different "I'm talking now" hand gestures.

On a positive note, that scene where the Concubine clones Elika was absolutely brilliant. However, even its extreme excellence was not enough to save the game.

Illusive DiZ

Oct 27, 2009
BrbHustlin said:
Fallout 3.

Having heard literally no negative words about this game, I bought it and expected a good game to get into.

It was fun when Liam Neeson was there, because he's Liam Neeson.

Then it was boring. And grey. And the most underwhelming game I'd ever played.
you got that right. The game was far too depressing in my opinion. I had more fun with elder scrolls iv: oblivion.

Illusive DiZ

Oct 27, 2009
EmeraldGreen said:
Prince of Persia 2008. The parkour was too easy and terribly repetitive. The combat was dull and awkward and finger-hurtingly full of QTEs. Restoring the cursed areas was just a faded imitation of Okami. And instead of the Prince's and Elika's relationship developing while you actually played the game, you had to get to some solid ground, command the Prince to talk to Elika and then twiddle your thumbs while they talked, stared at each other blankly, and alternated between their two different "I'm talking now" hand gestures.

On a positive note, that scene where the Concubine clones Elika was absolutely \brilliant. However, even its extreme excellence was not enough to save the game.
I agree. The epilogue dlc was disappointing too.

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
okay everyone is going to hate me for this but HALO now its not that bad but it was a huge disapointment everyone said it was perfect and awsome but its just average and quite dull

Cockney_Jesus

Feb 18, 2009
I got the Galactic Edition of Spore on the day it came out for £40!
A little bit later I'm already at the space stage thinking, 'WTF!'

I borrowed MW2 off a friend to see how perfect and amazing it was, played a few missions and some multiplayer then fell asleep from boredom.

I also paid full price for Worms 3D! ><

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I don't know if it is the worst disappointment I ever had with a game, but the first thing that came to mind was GTA San Andreas. Lots of people apparently like it, but it just couldn't hold a candle to Vice City to me.

Oh, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Horrible game.

PS3Aussie

Jan 8, 2008
gta4
to be fair my hopes where so high it could have come with a 9mm and a hooker and i would have benn disapointed