Your most emotional gaming moments?

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Mallefunction said:
I think I cried tears of joy when I finished FFX. I hated the game so much, but I WAS GOING TO FINISH THE DAMN THING! XD
Ha! You're a better man than I, I got to the final battle with Sin and was so disgusted with the thought "Seriously? This is it?". I calmly put down the PS2 controller, turned the PS2 off and never played it again. Ever.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Metal Gear Solid 1:
During the battle with Metal Gear REX, when Grey Fox appears to help you out.
This is probably the closest I ever came to openly shedding a manly tear over the death of a video game character. For it's time, it was an amazing scene. I still think it is. It was also pretty surreal actually controlling the stinger while Fox begins saying his last words, and hearing Snake backtalk you and say he can't do it. It was an excellent touch.

"We are not tools of the Government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at. But at least I fought for what I believed in... Snake. Farewell."

Then Liquid squashes him to oblivion and turns him into a huge pool of blood. Holy shit!

Red Dead Redemption:
There are many things about the game that made me feel very involved and emotionally invested in it.
It was sad seeing Louisa suddenly get shredded by a hail of gunfire trying to save Reyes.
I was possessed by Blood Lust during the chase of Allende and Williamson. I was happy once I finally had the chance to send Bill to hell where he belongs.
The final confrontation with Dutch was not what I expected it to be. I wanted him dead, after being hounded by him repeatedly and seeing him needlessly kill innocent people. I thought it'd be a bloody shootout between him and John. Instead you end up chasing him to the edge of a cliff while he's injured and frail, just to have him jump off the cliff and kill himself. Even though it meant getting his family back, John still didn't want to shoot him.
It was unexpected for me, and it was very sad as well. Although he was a unsympathetic bloodthirsty animal, he was a tragic one.

Of course, the ending of the game was very sad. I grew to really like John a lot, and wished he could've lived happily ever after with his family. But I suppose his death was inevitable. And seeing him die such a horrible and brutal death was sickening on top of heartbreaking.

Those are just 2 off the top of my head.

The SettingSun

Oct 4, 2010
FreelanceButler said:
The intro cutscene thingy to "You're The Inspiration" in Elite Beat Agents.

Happy, lighthearted game about saving lost puppies and low-budget films then BAM! Little girl crying because daddy's not coming home for Christmas.
Because he's dead.
I remember that, I was expecting something goofy like that Mona Lisa intro. My expression whilst watching that video was: :D :) :O :( :'(

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
Bran1470 said:
seeing john marston get shot up at the end of red dead redemption made me tear up and im not ashamed to say it...
The Sheriff in the epilogue had so many freaking bullets in his head after it was over they wouldn't even have been able to use his dental records to identify him!

Alex Cowan

Feb 13, 2010
The plot twist in KotOR, I had become so attached to my character, and then, suddenly...

I'm suddenly the guy I thought I was fighting against :O

I'm not sure that's really emotional in the same way as these examples, but hell, whatever it was it worked.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
*SPOILERS*
when you get your freedom in portal 2 (it was mainly due to the music combined with the moment

ObjectiveReality

May 18, 2011
The end of Max Payne 2, on hardest difficulty.
Mona lives, having died at the end on all the previous difficulty settings. To get to that point, you've also just had to kill your ally from Max Payne, who wanted to kill you because you shot his lover.

CyanideDream

Jun 10, 2010
A random moment in Far Cry 2 that completely caught me by surprise. I didn't even know that games had the balls to do this:

A feature of the game is, when you die, a friend comes and drags you out of battle. He then sticks around and helps you fight the enemies a little. Sometimes he gets shot and goes down, but you can use your health syringes to revive him.

Well, this dude that has probably saved my butt at least 20 times by now comes and saves me again, but he gets shot by an enemy that I didn't know was there. So I revived him as usual, but the hidden enemy shot him down again. So I revived him a second time, an the same damn enemy hiding in the bushes put my buddy down one more time. I found the enemy, smoked him, and went back to revive my pal.

I stick my syringe in him, as usual, but he doesn't get up. He keeps squirming in pain. Confused, I put another syringe in him. Again, nothing. He then whispers, "Do it," and I'm given the option to mercy kill him or abandon him. Disbelieving, and with tears in my eyes, I make the decision to ease the suffering of my friend by giving him a final dose of morphine, and I watch him drift off into an endless sleep.

I never saw him again for the rest of the game.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
the ending to Portal 2, as many people have said

and also the ending to Ratchet and Clank: a crack in Time
not because it was particularly emotional, the emotions were fueled by nostalgia,RaC was my favorite series when i was younger

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
The big reveal of 'Zack' in Deadly Premonition.

I'm not going to tell you what it is...but needless to say, that I played the remaining boss battle in a completely numb state. I was so overwhelmed with the emotional ride, up to that point, that after it was all over I had I had to put the controller down, during the playable epilogue, and cry.

Seriously, it still gives me chills just to think about it.

Hands down one of the most emotional reveals in gaming history.