Your most emotional gaming moments?

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Title says it all. Which gaming moments do you remember most for their emotional effect on you?

Mine has to be the second mission of Homeworld, the return to Kharak. After seeing what had happened... I wanted to send nukes down the throat of every one of their ships.
On a positive note, the ending of Portal 2 was definitely one of the happiest moments in any of my gaming collection.

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
As you mentioned. Portal 2's ending made me really happy
When those doors opened and the turrets were pointing at you I though "Well fuck", but then they started singing. First thought "What the hell?", then I laughed. Really great ending
One of the strongest bonds I ever made to another character where in a mod for Oblivion called Ruined Tails Tale. The mod adds a whole new storyline based around a character companion called Ruined Tail, or just Ruin.Really quickly you start to bond with this character and soon it leads you into an amazing emotional storyline. Go download it, its fun

ParanoidAndroid said:
The end of Red Dead Redemption, and the end of Portal 2 as well.
Oh yeah, how could I forget. RDR's ending was amazing and so emotional

Albert Whisker

Sep 5, 2010
The end of Metal Gear Solid 3, from the last proper fight onward.
I finished it at four-thirty in the morning. And cried for the next two hours.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
In EverQuest (original) I once gave the cost of an entire top tier crafted armor set to a banker as a gift instead of depositing it into my account. It wasn't even my money, it was a friend's that was buying the suit for me as a gift. I was so embarrassed and scared at how he would react that I immediately afk'd and didn't log back in for like 2 weeks.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
I remeber the homeworld one your talking about esspecially when the cryo units get attacked i remeber thinking i just had to save all of them there where no such thing as acceptable losses on that mission

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
The ending of Fallout 3
Where my character was at the highest karma level, and then sacraficed themselves for the greater good

The ending of DA:O
When my character died to kill the archdemon

The ending of RDR
When John dies

I think I am seeing a trend here...

Caveworm

Jun 8, 2011
KOTOR and Zelda.

{content}When I found out about my Sith past. That was quite moving. I was like 'Oh my I am/was the Sith Lord'. I've got new people in my life, do I return to my dark ways, stick to the light, fight the Sith, reclaim the Sith empire? All sorts. Great stuff. For Zelda Ocarina when you return as a teenager and see what has happened to the land...very moving.

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
RDR's ending was pretty high up there. But for me it was Breath of Fire 3. I was genuinely depressed it was over.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Some key scenes in Enslaved actually, it was a cool game.

Mostly though in Fable II, that cool scene near the end
I found out that my dog died - But that was a joyful moment. I hated that damn dog.
And also in Fable, where I found out that Mr. Villain dude who I forgot had killed my in-game husband. It was really surprising. I was crap at raising money in that game as I hadn't really tried, so when I saved up to buy a nice house in the countryside and we finally moved in from our Bowerstone apartment, I had developed quite the attachment to my husband adrian who had left behind his violent past as a hired goon to pursue a homosexual relationship and a peaceful retirement. It didn't register with me that something totally organic like that could be mentioned in the story.
It was done kinda lame, but it was surprising, and gave me some genuine hatred for the villain.

EDIT: I may be over thinking the scene in question.

Steve Preaches

Jun 8, 2011
Mine was RDR too, but not the 'end'.
It was when I finally caught Dutch and was told I could have my family back.

Another one was in GTAIV when Roman died on his wedding day and then Malory phoned me and said she was pregnant. Sorry of spoilers but it's an old game.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Mine: The death of Garrus Vakarian in Mass Effect 2, through my own fault.

Other: Red Dead Redemption's Ending. JOHN! NOOOOOOoooooooooo[sub]ooooooooo!!!!![/sub]

shadeira

May 2, 2011
first : falling in love with alistair in dragon age...of course only my warden..not me as a person...*hopefully looking for someone believing it*
second : crying like a baby, when i thought snake has died at MSG4

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
The ending of Baldur's Gate II was pretty emotional for me. The final confrontation with Irenicus, with your party standing with you to the end and shouting their defiance at him, was one hell of a moment. The main reason for this is, quite simply, that it's not their fight. They are there explicitly out of their loyalty to you. More than in any other game I've played, I felt like these characters were my friends.
plaxcaster said:
Shadow of the Colossus
Definitely this. The only game to date to have made me cry.
It's similar to the BGII example in a way. The unspoken connection with Agro that builds over the course of the game is remarkably subtle and profound; the moment when he falls down the ravine had me more sad than I've ever felt during a game. Naturally, when it's revealed that he's not actually dead, I was ridiculously happy.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
I think I cried tears of joy when I finished FFX. I hated the game so much, but I WAS GOING TO FINISH THE DAMN THING! XD

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
It was Brink for me. Not because of the story, but the AI kept pissing me the fuck off!!!

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Caveworm said:
KOTOR and Zelda.

{content}When I found out about my Sith past. That was quite moving. I was like 'Oh my I am/was the Sith Lord'. I've got new people in my life, do I return to my dark ways, stick to the light, fight the Sith, reclaim the Sith empire? All sorts. Great stuff. For Zelda Ocarina when you return as a teenager and see what has happened to the land...very moving.
My God, I can't believe I missed out KotOR. Such a moment will never be seen again.. unless Shepard turns out to be a Reaper in disguise or something.

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
hmm...a game ending that really worked on an emotional level...Final Fantasy X. I was left with about as much joy for life as a dead fish being fried.