Your most prized achievement in gaming.

Cyberdelic

Mar 20, 2009
I just finished Demon's Souls for the first time this week with my feather-light thief character, so that's up there. Plus I finished all God of War games on the highest difficulty setting.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Beating the last boss in Final Fantasy 8.

Seriously, That whore is harder to kill than thrush. I tried it years ago, kept failing. Then I got so annoyed that I used cheats, and here's the best part, I STILL DIED. The infinite health cheat gives you 9999 health. But the final boss does more than that or something, so I died even with infinite health. Even with infinite attack power, I couldn't kill it. Because 4 hits on my team and I was a goner.

But I picked it up a few months ago, beefed my team up a bit, and then beat her first time. Age and experience wins again?

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
Robert Ewing said:

But I picked it up a few months ago, beefed my team up a bit, and then beat her first time. Age and experience wins again?
lol, Same thing happened to me the other month. Played the game a couple of years back and only ever got to the 3rd form after so many tries. Played the game a couple of months ago and actually knowing how all the systems work and that I should have been drawing much more last time I just went around drawing a ton of good magic. Beat the final boss first go too. I was expecting a big challenge but it turned out fairly easy. Funny thing is, even with all the drawing, I finished the game 7 or so hours faster than the first time through.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Archangel768 said:
Robert Ewing said:

lol, Same thing happened to me the other month. Played the game a couple of years back and only ever got to the 3rd form after so many tries. Played the game a couple of months ago and actually knowing how all the systems work and that I should have been drawing much more last time I just went around drawing a ton of good magic. Beat the final boss first go too. I was expecting a big challenge but it turned out fairly easy. Funny thing is, even with all the drawing, I finished the game 7 or so hours faster than the first time through.
True story Archangel! It was so much easier than I remembered, drawed a lot more magic, did everything properly now I knew how the system worked. I too shaved a considerable few hours off, I believe it was about 14 hours :L

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Completing Halo, Gears of War, COD 4 and 6 and Mass Effect 1 and 2 on there hardest difficulties.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
C to Shining C in Super Street Fighter IV.

Rank all of the characters (35) up to C, which is at least 20 wins online. It took a good while. Win rate ranged from a mere 30,7% to a whopping 76%.

I was happy camper at the end of that one, and is still my pride and joy.

Borntolose

Aug 18, 2008
Zorak the Mantis said:
Getting 100% sync on all the Assassins Creed games :p
Do you mean you found all of the flags in the first game? From what I remember, there are about 300 of them and they don't give you anything if you find them.

OT: Platinum trophy in Demons' Souls, I suppose.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
All in TF2 --

"Kill Everyone You Meet" -- kill 1000 enemies as Sniper
"A Year to Remember" -- kill 2004 enemies as Scout
"Sap Auteur" -- destroy 1000 buildings using sappers
"Spy Master" -- kill 1000 people using backstabs
"Frags of our Fathers" -- gib 1000 people as Soldier
"Chief of Staff" -- accumulate a total 1,000,000 heal points as Medic

ScumbagEddie

Mar 29, 2011
Going thru every mission in MechCommander 2 using a single tactic - using a Raven to lead the enemy into a wall of heavy and assault mechs. Never gets old.

InfectedStar

Jul 7, 2011
probably beating Gears of War 2 on insane (Co-Op with a friend because doing it on solo is impossible), beating Bioshock 1 on the hardest difficulty without reviving once (did it but didn't get that damn buggy achievement!), and beating CoD 4 & 6/MW2 on veteren and most of the Spec ops by myself

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
It's actually my most hated but it's the one I worked hardest to get: the Zombie Genocider Master achievement in Deadrising 2 which is kill 72,000 zombies in one playthrough. I spent 10 hours doing monotonous zombie killing (as ironic as that may sound) in one sitting because I figured I would get the megaman suit and megabuster or something like it because it was hinted at the entire game and because that's what happened in it's predecessor. After wading through all this bullshit do you know what I got? One PART of a knight armor set that I would have to replay the fucking game to get the rest. No special weapon and no sense of accomplishment.

After 10 hours of monotonous bullshit Capcom has the balls to say that I didn't spend enough time playing this damn game to unlock the full reward. That sufficiently ruined a really good game for me and now I can't play it without thinking back on my stupid choice to go after that achievement that I barely had time to complete before the timer ran out. This my friends is why I believe I have the legal right to say:

"FUCK CAPCOM"

without any negative repercussions whatsoever.

Btw, before anyone asks "Why didn't you just look it up online first?" I actually did. Unfortunately, the game had just been released and no one yet knew what the reward was and fewer that thought the achievement was actually possible.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Monxerot said:
World of Warcraft: Well Read

<3
Oh come on, that one's easy. run round the world, look at books.

You probably meant

Higher Learning

which is the one with the rare spawn books in Dalaran. That took way too much camping...

Sonder Saunters

Oct 24, 2009
For me it was getting the Iron Bladder achievement in Rock Band 2. The achievement requires you to beat the Endless Setlist 2 in one sitting. You can't pause, you can't hit the guide/ps button, and its 84 songs, some of which are both extremely difficult and long. Not only did I get this achievement, but I did it on expert difficulty.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Matthew94" post="9.301444.12028954 said:
Big Boss Emblem in MGS4

- Complete in under 5:00 hours

- Have 0 continues

- Use 0 health items (Rations, Noodles, Regain)

- Have 0 Alerts

- Have 0 kills

- Use of special items (Stealth/Bandana) is forbidden.

- Complete on The Boss Extreme mode[/quote

That's one to brag about. How did you do it? Any pointers?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Lets's see...

It's either beating Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts, doing everything in Super Smash Bros Brawl (All trophies, all stickers, etc.), or catching all 151 pokemon in Pokemon Red.