Your Most Prized Achievements/Trophies

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Call it a boasting thread if you like (and I suppose an offshoot of my other thread whining about a lack of rewards), but my inspiration for it is one borne of perplexity more than anything.

First of all, I’d still hold my Platinum of Demon’s Souls (PS3, the non duping way) to be my most coveted, as at the time it took the most dedication of the few I’ve already had, and it also ended up being my 1,000th trophy overall. There are other rare examples, like anything from Bloodrayne: Betrayal, or more recently Zoologist in RDR2, but the one that perplexes me is from Killzone 2; particularly Heroic Survivor. It is the reason the trophy guide earned an 8 out of 10 difficulty. I also got the Demonslayer trophy on my Elite run, which apparently is not advised. Like, at all.

However, I’d be pressed to put it even equivalent to attaining the Big Boss emblem in MGS4, which I did before trophies. That game’s trophy guide only has a 5 out of 10 rating, but I recall struggling far more often. I’d even put some of the SoulsBorne games above Killzone 2’s Elite difficulty, but most of those are rated similar to MGS4. Well, Demon’s Souls and Bloodborne both have a 7 out of 10, so it’s close.

Anyways, what trophies or achievements stand out the most for you, or perhaps surprise you for being not quite what they’re reputed to be?

I picked DOOM 2016 back up on PC during my time off and have been having a fun time with it. Originally planned on making a final push towards the RDR2 platinum, but that was sidetracked and now I’m considering going for all the achievements here, since apparently it’s not nearly as difficult or time consuming as I thought it’d be. Or maybe it would be...who knows.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I don't really care too much for achievements anymore (though I did get a platinum on Spider-Man PS4, and all of its DLCs and NG+, like seemingly everybody else), but I was really into achievements back during the Xbox 360 days.

I think my proudest would be the Vidmaster Endure achievement in Halo 3: ODST. You get this for completing 4 sets of Firefight (horde mode) on Heroic. The way Firefight works, is there are 5 waves in a round, and 3 rounds in a set. After each round, the game gets progressively harder by introducing skulls, which modify the way that enemies behave, the way weapons work, or the way the player controls. One skull makes the player only regenerate health if you punch an enemy, and another would make shields immune to bullets, and health immune to plasma, and so on. You also have a limited amount of lives, bullets, and health packs, so you really need to ration what you are using.

This would get hard as nails.

I think I tried this about 6 or so times, taking a few hours a pop. Keep in mind that I was also about 12 or 13 at the time, too.

I remember trying this with a group of 3 friends, but never managing to get it. Then I grouped up with 3 guys who I barely knew, and got it first time.

My friends are still bitter.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
  • Getting all the achievementsin Guardian Heroes.
  • 100% trophies for Streets of Rage 4.
  • 100% trophies for DmC. That one was mostly unintentional.
  • All S ranks for Asura's Wrath.
  • 100% achievements for Pac-Man championship edition.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
You know I've clicked on this thread several times over several days, and I just can't think of a single achievement by name, that I am proud of, or prized? I mean, definitely not any that are hard or anything, as I usually don't bother with those achievements that are simply "yeah have fun doing this ridiculously difficult thing, just because we dared you to do it." If it's just to say "Yeah I did it." I mean, ok? Good for you? The only ones that I can think of, they weren't hard ones to do, but I enjoyed them.

I guess, the achievement in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, in the DLC where you are told to choose which group dies, but you can find a third option. I liked that one a lot. It felt good to be able to say "No, fuck you, nobody has to die just because you think they have to."

I also enjoyed the Flesh and Steel achievement from Dishonored 2, namely because, I find myself enjoying games that have a mystical element of some kind, but allow for players who might not want to indulge that. The idea of that achievement being that you beat the game without using any mystical powers at all. I dunno, I guess it's my growing dislike of spirituality, religion, and mysticism in general, and how it's often portrayed, that I really enjoy when games sort of address that, and give you a secular, non-mystic route to play. It's a small thing, but it's a thing I appreciate.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Defeating Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne. It took me about 40 attempts over three straight hours of fighting that one boss over and over. Worth it.

Didn't get a trophy for it or anything, but also beating God Hand on Normal difficulty.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Defeating Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne. It took me about 40 attempts over three straight hours of fighting that one boss over and over. Worth it.

Didn't get a trophy for it or anything, but also beating God Hand on Normal difficulty.
Congratz on the Kos kill. He can be a huge roadblock for people.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Platinum'd Demon's Souls and Bloodborne.
Not that they're very difficult but I've Platinum'd all 7 God of War games as well.
I’ve done all the classic GoW’s, and some of those challenges could be pretty tough IMO; possibly even more so than the majority of SoulsBorne outside of a boss here or there.

Also plan on doing so with 2018, but am pretty dedicated to an MGSV run currently. Perhaps feeling a bit emboldened after getting RDR2’s platinum, since I’ve read the collecting isn’t nearly as tedious, and being online makes farming a breeze. I’m also finding getting the S ranks and doing mission tasks more enjoyable than RDR2’s gold ranks and challenges, because surprisingly they don’t waste your time nearly as much with cutscenes and walk n talk fluff.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
My dumb ass did The One Free Bullet in Half-Life 2 E1...on Xbox, where nobody will ever see it because who cares about The Orange Box on console. For those unaware, that's the achievement for completing Episode 1 firing only one shot, to break a lock early on. The rest is all crowbar, Gravity Gun and explosives.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My dumb ass did The One Free Bullet in Half-Life 2 E1...on Xbox, where nobody will ever see it because who cares about The Orange Box on console. For those unaware, that's the achievement for completing Episode 1 firing only one shot, to break a lock early on. The rest is all crowbar, Gravity Gun and explosives.
I have the same achievement *socially distanced high five*. I actually came into this thread to boast about another Orange Box achievement I have (also on Xbox): "Little Rocket Man" required that I carry a little garden gnome throughout the ENTIRE game and place him in the rocket for the final scene. It was such a ridiculous ask, I had to do it.

But my proudest achievements are "The Dark Soul" from Dark Souls 1, basically 100%-ing a game I previously could barely play at all and "Circle of Life" from one of the iterative Tiger Woods PGA games which required getting a Bogey, Par, Birdie, Eagle AND a hole in one in a single round in career mode, i.e.: you couldn't do it on a pick-up round, had to be one of the tour events. That shit took me almost a year to do.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Platinums for Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 are the trophies I'm most proud of.

Took out a gunship from the ground with an EMP grenade in BF2142 once.

Oh, and defeating Dhuum in Guild Wars 1, and defeating him again (for the first time) in Guild Wars 2. The latter prompted a great group screenie with the guild in front of his throne.

EDIT: As a kid, unlocking & getting 100% (all flowers & red coins + full star power) on every level of Yoshi's Island.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Platinums for Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 are the trophies I'm most proud of.

Took out a gunship from the ground with an EMP grenade in BF2142 once.

Oh, and defeating Dhuum in Guild Wars 1, and defeating him again (for the first time) in Guild Wars 2. The latter prompted a great group screenie with the guild in front of his throne.
Did DS3 take longer than Bloodborne? I’ve read some of the covenant spells are a wee bit of a grind.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Did DS3 take longer than Bloodborne? I’ve read some of the covenant spells are a wee bit of a grind.
It did indeed take longer, for precisely that reason. Had to spend quite a while getting covenant trophies from PvP in and around Irithyll.

I tended to equip the ring that lets you stay invisible to other players if you're out of aggro range, which led to another moment I'm very proud of: invading another player's world, and finding the host mid-fight with another invader. I stood stock still just an inch outside of aggro range and waited for them to finish. The host beat the other invader, with the tiniest sliver of health left... and I just took a step forward into visibility and finished him off with a thrown dagger.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It did indeed take longer, for precisely that reason. Had to spend quite a while getting covenant trophies from PvP in and around Irithyll.

I tended to equip the ring that lets you stay invisible to other players if you're out of aggro range, which led to another moment I'm very proud of: invading another player's world, and finding the host mid-fight with another invader. I stood stock still just an inch outside of aggro range and waited for them to finish. The host beat the other invader, with the tiniest sliver of health left... and I just took a step forward into visibility and finished him off with a thrown dagger.
After Bloodborne I made the attempt to dig into doing a platinum on the Dark Souls games, but when I looked into the grind it takes for some of that crap and the spreadsheet required to gather all the spells and such, I just took a hard pass on that. I beat the games and settled on that being enough because I don't have the patience for what those trophy lists require.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
After Bloodborne I made the attempt to dig into doing a platinum on the Dark Souls games, but when I looked into the grind it takes for some of that crap and the spreadsheet required to gather all the spells and such, I just took a hard pass on that. I beat the games and settled on that being enough because I don't have the patience for what those trophy lists require.
I’m considering doing a platinum run for Sekiro, and thankfully it looks like the only thing that might take a while is getting all the skills, which should be easy enough to farm. All four endings can be reached with a backup save at a point save that branches off about half way through, so really it’s barely two play throughs (three endings use one path, the last uses another).

With that I’d have a platinum from each of FROM’s IPs which is fine by me. I’m just considering the sequels redundant to preserve sanity.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I'll always appreciate getting the platinum for Uncharted 3 on the PS3, its not a particularly hard one, but it was my first and you never forget your first:). Also the Uncharted 2 plat as my friend wanted it so badly and I got it and he didn't.

Also, getting the plat for Spec Ops: The Line because that game is hard as balls in places on the hardest difficulty. I almost quit and launched the controller through the tv at the car park bit near the end, it was that frustrating.

The plat for Terminator Salvation, you get it for playing the game once, but the game is broken and shit that I'm amazed that I managed that.

I'm struggling to think of another trophy that I'm that proud of, I have 22 plats and I can't remember what most of them are for. I suppose I got the trophy for killing 4 enemies with a D.Va bomb in Overwatch, but it's on my friend console and not mine. I still claim it as mine though.

Actually, I've given it some thought and I can actually remember all of my plats. So I guess I am proud of them all. Yay, meaningless video game bling:).

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I'd probably say some of the silent heist achievements from Payday 2 would be things I am happy to have obtained, in particular if I was able to do them solo.

Like the gold heist mission, where you can get some money, or ALL THE MONEY, but it's a slow, tedious, nail biting thing, where you can be caught at multiple stages, all by one slip up as you move bag after bag to the extraction point. There is no achievement for doing them solo that I recall, but a lot of the silent heists are totally doable by yourself, if you know what you are doing. And the tricksy sneak-thief in me always gets a warm fuzzy when I pull them off.