Your most recent gaming challenge

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I just beat PoP:TT HD and I felt like playing Warrior Within. I had it for PS2 so I thought why not....even with component cables it looks terrible. Blah.

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
Dryk said:
I finished Bit.Trip Runner last night, a small section of that game pulls the most amazing dick moves I've seen in a while... and then the level just keeps going.
I know exactly which part you mean. And then they do it again in later stages...
OT: Getting through fuggin' Xenoblade Chronicles. Don't get me wrong, I love the game. It's just taking forever, and I'm on the cusp of being underleveled, meaning fights frequently take longer than they probably should.

Andrew Lamp

May 9, 2012
Soul Level 1 playthrough of Dark Souls. It's actually pretty easy initially because you are able to upgrade gear and pyro flame so fast.
Until you get to O & S. I cannot beat this solo and finding other people at my level range to summon has been a no go lately.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Smallells said:
Personally, I've been stuck on the extreme versions of the fight challenges on Batman: Arkham Asylum. I've had it up to here with those dang knife-wielding goons cutting me up.
Damn you 100% completion, I HAVE UNI ASSESSMENTS THAT NEED COMPLETING/STARTING!

Captcha: Need a bigger boat
How apt.
I have to admit, I've been doing something similar. I just finished new game plus on normal difficulty and actually wound up finding all 440 riddler things (trophies, riddles, etc.). I'm not as keen on the Riddler challenges (although it is awesome to play more as robin and nightwing; really wishing I could switch to those guys like Catwoman in the storymode), so I'm considering starting a new save file on a harder difficulty.

I was really glad for new game plus, though; by the end of the normal story campaign I felt like I was just finally getting a good grip on the combat. Totally threw me for a loop when they took away the enemy attack indicators, though.

Smallells

Feb 18, 2010
flying_whimsy said:
Smallells said:
Personally, I've been stuck on the extreme versions of the fight challenges on Batman: Arkham Asylum. I've had it up to here with those dang knife-wielding goons cutting me up.
Damn you 100% completion, I HAVE UNI ASSESSMENTS THAT NEED COMPLETING/STARTING!

Captcha: Need a bigger boat
How apt.
I have to admit, I've been doing something similar. I just finished new game plus on normal difficulty and actually wound up finding all 440 riddler things (trophies, riddles, etc.). I'm not as keen on the Riddler challenges (although it is awesome to play more as robin and nightwing; really wishing I could switch to those guys like Catwoman in the storymode), so I'm considering starting a new save file on a harder difficulty.

I was really glad for new game plus, though; by the end of the normal story campaign I felt like I was just finally getting a good grip on the combat. Totally threw me for a loop when they took away the enemy attack indicators, though.
Well, I've yet to play Arkham City, I wanted to get Asylum first,(I just feel it's necessary to play the first one for tentative storyline issues) but I had the exact opposite: I started off on hard and when I went on one of the challenges the attack indicators freaked me out!

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Resistance 3's multiplayer. Not only are matches hard to get into due to both the lack of players and the lack of a server browser, but anything I do get into that's not a FFA Deathmatch always ends up with one team spawncamping the other team due to the games tendency to constantly spawn players in one little room with only one exit over and over again. Add to that friggin' Auger / explosive / Juggernaut / turret spam and it ends up a textbook scenario of the term "Shooting fish in a barrel".

Also been playing Super Meat Boy lately. I'm just going to say Dark World / OCD Bandage collecting / I just got to the Hospital and leave it at that. :p

Baron Tanks

Mar 3, 2013
Tallim said:
Tactical Challenge 5 on Vanquish..... man, just thinking about it now makes me get all tense as I mentally try and run through it to see where I need to change my run.
Ah, Vanquish, I'll always be stuck on 49/50 on that game, those challenge rooms...

OT: doing a hard playthrough on MGR: Rising after starting out on Normal due to being rusty. Was a breeze until Sam, so this'll be something when the time comes around to do Revengeance difficulty. Also some of the challenge rooms are already a pain in the ass and I haven't even really looked into those...

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Resistance 3's multiplayer. Not only are matches hard to get into due to both the lack of players and the lack of a server browser, but anything I do get into that's not a FFA Deathmatch always ends up with one team spawncamping the other team due to the game's tendency to constantly spawn the same players in one extremely tiny room with only one exit over and over again no matter what map it is. Add to that friggin' Auger / explosive / Juggernaut / turret spam and it ends up a textbook scenario of the term "Shooting fish in a barrel".

Also been playing Super Meat Boy lately. I'm just going to say Dark World / OCD Bandage collecting / I just got to the Hospital and leave it at that. :p

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Trying really hard lately to get out of Bronze League in Starcraft 2 before Heart of the Swarm comes out.

It's not going well. At all.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Zhukov said:
piinyouri said:
Basically doing whatever I can to make Kingdoms of Amalur challenging.
No trainers, which I never use anyway, no crafting at all, no shop interaction i.e. I only use what I can find and a couple other restrictions I can't remember cuz I'm tired.

It's gettin' there. :D
Hey, hey, I have an exercise for you in Kingdoms of Amalur.

Save your game, then get into a random fight. Just charge into the first bunch of enemies you see. Then, get this, close your eyes and try to fight them off.

You may be surprised by the results. I certainly was.
Cant quite be certain because internet text, but if you're being a wise ass, there's no need. I'm aware the game is very easy and that you most likely hated it.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Trying to beat Vergil in DmC.

I realized that you had to activate devil trigger to lift up his clone and then land the final blow on the real Vergil after almost two hours of trying to kill his clone.

The fight was pretty neat, though. I loved how the landscaped changed as you slowly whittled away at his health.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
piinyouri said:
Zhukov said:
piinyouri said:
No trainers, which I never use anyway, no crafting at all, no shop interaction i.e. I only use what I can find and a couple other restrictions I can't remember cuz I'm tired.

Save your game, then get into a random fight. Just charge into the first bunch of enemies you see. Then, get this, close your eyes and try to fight them off.

Cant quite be certain because internet text, but if you're being a wise ass, there's no need. I'm aware the game is very easy and that you most likely hated it.
Whoa, whoa.

I wasn't being a "wise ass". Well, okay, maybe a bit. But seriously, give it a go. Just for kicks.

And no, I didn't hate the game. I merely thought it was average with a lot of unused potential.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Zhukov said:
piinyouri said:
Zhukov said:
piinyouri said:

Whoa, whoa.

I wasn't being a "wise ass". Well, okay, maybe a bit. But seriously, give it a go. Just for kicks.

And no, I didn't hate the game. I merely thought it was average with a lot of unused potential.
Okay.
Sorry, I apologize.
Easy to read sarcasm when it's not there, around here.

To be honest, my first guess at what would happen is you could possibly die since certain enemies are REALLY cheap (Thresh, Ettin's, Wolves) and would decimate you if you just swung without knowing where they are.
Then again, would depend on the weapon you were using. Almost any ranged weapon would be a guaranteed flawless victory.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
lRookiel said:
It took me like 7 tries to beat Gwyn.... Because I'm a slow fucker and you get NO time to use your flask....
By contrast, my Pyromancer had light armor and fire spamming a-plenty. May have taken 10+ tries to beat those bloody Four Kings, but she was Born for that last fight. Proceed to Dark Lord it up.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
Been replaying Neverwinter Nights again for the first time in... years. The Guardian White Dragon... oh how I forgot thy mighty power. Even on a re-rolled character with good gear, this thing makes Alduin look like a pussy.