Your Most Regretted Game Purchase

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Probably Metro 2033, for me it was just boring. The setting of the tube station after a nuclear war seemed pretty cool at first, but after a while the disc went back in the case and it's been there ever since.

h0wdyth3r3

Sep 16, 2010
soulfire130 said:
Enchanted Arms hands down. Worst. Game. I. Ever. Ever. Bought.
Amen bro. That game just sits collecting dust on my shelf. EB Games won't even let me trade it in for store credit/trade-in value. That's just pathetic.

ScaryDolphin

Mar 28, 2011
I am the same way. I wouldn't say I liked 9/10 of these as nomad240 said earlier, but I certainly would say I wasn't disappointed by 9/10 of these. I only liked maybe 6/10 of the ones mentioned (that I've played).

One that I haven't seen mentioned much on here is Final Fantasy 14. Final Fantasy 11 is still my favorite MMO of all time, and I was so excited when final fantasy 14 was announced. Unfortunately, then they thought it was a good idea to rush it out before World of Warcraft Cataclysm came out (yet another reason to hate world of warcraft)... The resulting game is an absolute mess. It is so bad, that Square keeps extending the free to play period (I think it is free to play indefinitely at the moment). This game is by far the one that made me the most disappointed I had bought it by far. I played for 2 weeks (almost non stop, though trailing off quickly at the end), and then decided to cancel my account (despite it being free to play).

Second place would have to be Dynasty Warriors 6, but if the amount of disappointment ff14 brought me was the empire state building, Dynasty Warriors 6 was a studio apartment. This was only disappointing because prior to 6, I had only played Dynasty Warriors 3 and 4 (those who are knowledgeable about the dynasty warriors series know these to be the two best of the series). Dynasty warriors 6 dumbed down the battle system, and made horses/weapons randomly generated. They also made very few of the characters playable in story mode. From what I hear about DW7 (OUT TOMORROW IN THE US!!!) it fixes all of these complaints.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Red Dead Redemption.

I'd gotten tired of the GTA formula before I even played 4 but i nearly killed myself to finish it anyway. I'm not much of a Western guy, but my friends talked up the multiplayer and lots of reviewers said the story was great. Mixed with the fact I was starving for good story after finishing mass effect 2, I paid the 60 bucks for the game.

It was disappointing. I could go into more detail why, but I'll save the strain on my fingers and leave it at it wasnt my style of game. Then my friend took my copy and sold it, bought me Okami and the first dmc. So I guess it all works out =)

greyghost81

Dec 5, 2010
I'm sure there were some on the Nintendo back in the day, but I guess I got over them since I can't remember being too disappointed (except for Wolverine). In recent memory I'd say Divinity 2 which isn't a terrible game but isn't anything remotely special, and I shouldn't have spent my money on it.

KelsieKatt

May 14, 2008
I would probably say Call of Duty 4. I've bought worse before, but that one really hit the nail on the head for depressing circumstances.

I had $50 of birthday money and was very excited to buy something with it, eventually I settled on Call of Duty 4 due to review footage and hype, and I hated it. The entire game was basically a scripted target shooting gallery sequence with a an overdose on cinematic flash that doesn't impact the gameplay. It was so damn boring... and I couldn't return it because it was a PC game, so I was extremely upset and depressed as I was basically left with no present at all.

Zelbio

Mar 29, 2009
There was a Gamecube game, Spyro: Enter the dragonfly.
I was very young and enjoyed the Spyro the Dragon Series.
It was the first game I ever regretted purchasing.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Beyond Good & Evil PC.

I thought that my 2010 non-gaming PC could run a half-decade old PS2 game.

I WAS WRONG. That was one hell of a graphic upgrade for PC.

>_>

It runs like ass.

killcheese

May 18, 2009
The Human Torch said:
Mass Effect: Never got further than 60 minutes in. Too much faffing around, not enough combat.
It took more then a few trys for me to get past the first hour. After that however the game is crazy good.

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2 and Operation Flashpoint.
i played DR2 most of the three for about an hour, after dieing for the 5th time and respawning 10 minutes away i realised it wasn't fun so i quit.
i played Halo Reach a bit less, 20 minutes to be precise. i got about halfway through the first mission before realising i didn't care about anything, and since then i played H.O.R.S.E with a friend but that's it.

but the award goes to operation flashpoint, where i got insta killed 10 times without knowing where anyone was, then when i did get past that part i was shot in the leg, so i had to hobble the 1KM to the LZ, before getting insta killed. i played it for about 10 minutes.

Archwright

Dec 9, 2010
Muramasa Demon Blade. Damn that game is boring. Too easy on easy, just annoying on hard. It has tons of backtracking like a Metroidvania without any of the sense of adventure.