Your Most Regretted Game Purchase

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Buying Deus Ex: Invisible War in a steam sale, and even then it was a awful waste of money. I only manage playing 15 minutes of the opening section between the awful voice acting and constant crashes.

APrutton

Oct 3, 2010
Dead rising for me.

Reason? Well i happen to be a student and cant afford a big shiny 40" HD:TV, which means that YOU CAN'T READ ANY OF THE WRITING! They made the game so that it's only compatible with newer tv's and it's not possible to change the text box sizes etc

Seriously, when you cant read any of the boxes that tell you what to do or where to go. You seriously lose interest quickly.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
probably homefront..... maybe. i cant fully decide. i got it for 20% off and i got metro 2033 with it for free. neither run well on my computer, but im planning on getting a desktop. homefront was very mediocre, but metro 2033 seems cool

Fatalistic

Jul 15, 2010
The Force Unleashed II.

It took a total of six hours to play through it, and even in the end, it wasn't terrific.

VersaNocta

Jan 3, 2011
I'm starting to feel like I might be dishing out my money a little too loosely... Anyway,

PC
Devil May Cry 4 (Beyond the fact it somehow managed to jump across platforms, this isn't even a port...)
The Witcher
Dragon Age: 2
Alpha Protocol
Lineage II: The Chaotic Throne
Modern Warfare 2 (3 times... don't ask)
Black Ops
Assassin's Creed II
Darksiders
Fallout 3
AION
Deadrising II
Empire: Total War
Risen
I might even go so far as to say I regret buying the Collector's Edition of RIFT. Don't get me wrong, it was a great game to start with and I spent hours on it. Then it just kind... ran out of juice. I got my first level 50 and tried a bit of endgame in PvP and PvE but the whole time the experience was just a bit... empty.

Xbox
Final Fantasy XIII (13)
Modern Warfare 2 (Again...)

PS3
InFamous
Lair (I wanted to play this game from the moment I heard the first whispers of it... Sadface indeed)
Lost Planet 2 (Another game I was extremely eager to play, guess I should stop getting so hyped and bringing my expectations to unmatchable heights prior to releases)

Oh, I don't own all these platforms by the way. Aside from the PC... The Xbox and PS3 were 'timeshares' with a friend.

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
Force Unleashed 2.

Exceedingly short, and though the gameplay was fun, it was repetitive and rehashed, and the first game was built on story that was gutted nearly entirely from the game. Pathetic!

CptCowboy22

Mar 11, 2011
I'm going to go with any 3rd party game on the Wii I spent so much money on that dam console and not one of the 3rd party games were any good. Hence why I've now washed my hands of Nintendo

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Brothers in Blood: Hell's Highway...or was it Brothers in Arms? Oh well, who cares?

I kept the game for about 30 minutes before I said fuck it and sold it.

DeadXV

Dec 24, 2009
Driver 3 for the PC, God awful control system and no way (that i could find) to change the controls. For example ' was drive forward ; was backward, you used the you aimed with the mouse but the fire button was num5 or some shit (while on foot controls were WASD) played it once and have wept ever since.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
Dante's Inferno. Bought it full price, only got about 2-3 hours play out of it before getting stuck. Even with guides and stuff I just can't seem to get past it, and have long since stopped caring about playing the rest of it.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Command and conquer the first decade payed full price for something that barely worked

mogensmissekat

Sep 17, 2010
Hexen 64. I was 11 back then and didn't have cash for more than a game every 6. month. So when i put the cartridge in the N64 and learned that people would sell you unplayable crap for 300 danish kroner, a part of my soul died..! Oh god it was bad!

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Borderlands - to this day, I have no idea why I purchased that blasted game.
I regret it simply because the game is too cartoony, bland, etc... In a word, I didn't like it. Hell, I could develop PTSD just by thinking of that infernal Claptrap thing.

It's only saving grace was Mad Moxxi, yet she wasn't able to make the game bearable.

I swear Borderlands is the Vampire Rain of the FPS world to me. (OK, I think I might have gone a bit far with this last line.)

Telumektar

Jul 7, 2010
AwesomeSuperMelon said:
X3. Looked like an interesting game and stuff..... Had no idea what to do/did tell me controls, and just gave up on it.
I totally forgot about X3! I bought "X3 Reunion" because I wanted "some spacefaring stuff", I read some critics and they pretty much agreed on that the game was good, it was, it just wasn't for me, I had the same "what I'm supposed to do?" problem, also, the learning curve was more like a vertical wall. Played it for about one hour and got bored to hell, got back to the store and said "I want to change this for another game", they usually didn't do this but when the guy saw it was X3 he smiled and took it, I got Hitman: Blood Money, ran a bit choppy on occasions but it was one thousand times better. X3 gets the "fastest return" trophy.