Your most unlucky purchase

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Back when the PS2 just came out, I won a contest for a limited edition version of the console. I was quite new to gaming, and didn't know what to buy, but my dad was excited and decided to buy me a game. When we got to the store I still had no idea what to get, and so my dad asked a store employee what game would be good for someone my age. I was six at the time, and I told the employee I liked a show called Yu-Gi-Oh. He picked out a game called "Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelists of the Roses. I got home and booted it up and...well it sucked...really, really bad. It can only remember it being incredibly hard, not fun at all, and I don't remember it having anything relating to the show expect for the cards themselves.

I guess it really wasn't my purchase, but a horrible selection on my part.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Pokemon Black.

I actually got this game because I wanted to give it a shot rather than rant about how unappealing it looked. I got through the whole game and was convinced that this was one of the few bad video game purchases that I had ever made.

And no, I won't be making the same mistake with Black 2/White 2.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Left 4 Dead and Audiosurf which I bought on two separate occasions went on sale a week after I bought them.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
VoidWanderer said:
Delsana said:
VoidWanderer said:
phenomenological said:
PlayStation 3.

nuff said
I keep going to buy an Xbox 360, but I don't want to buy a system with only one game I want to play.

:p

OP: Probably Mutant X... I could tolerate bad special effects and cheesy storyline, but as soon as I heard "Tele-empathy" I hit stop and ranted to myself for 5 mins about the idiocy of the statement.
That's the exact case with PS3... there's only one game I'd play, MGS and sometimes one other per year comes out I might play, like Heavy Rain and that new one released at the E3, otherwise all the games are primarily for the 360 and some are ported to the PS3, like Call of Duty is ported and all those others. You'd be kidding yourself by looking at the coding if you didn't think those AAA games that go to both consoles are primarily made for the 360.
Fair call, but I would recommend you watch playthroughs of the first Uncharted game, Infamous 1 and 2, and the God of War games.
Uncharted is pretty much Tomb Raiser for the PS3 with a male lead. I've played 1 and 2.. 1 had terrible combat and an okay story and 2 wasted multiplayer on it while also having a lack luster story and poor balancing.

God of War I've avoided but it's always been a play-station users only type game and I'm not a play-station user type of guy. Infamous 1 was terrible story and mediocre gameplay and 2 I won't try. Better than Prototype though.

Heavy Rain was good though, the unique game.. of course they prob could of made that for the 360 if they really wanted to.