Your Name.

Call Me Jose

That One Jose
Jul 4, 2012
There are plenty of things we can choose for ourselves in life, but there's nothing like having someone else choose your name for you. My parents played it safe and named me, their little latino, Jose(pronounced Hose-A) which most people still call me. There are also variations of "fun" like people like to use like Hose/Hoes, and JosB (pronouced Hose-B). I for one would say I'm neutral on my name, don't necessarily love it nor hate it, but what about you? Do you dislike your name, got any weird nicknames? Fill Me In!

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
I don't mind my name, Spencer. I have no nickname except the occasional "Spency-Poo" or "Spency-Wency" from joking friends and hot babes alike. I always wanted some sort of ballin' nickname that I would be recognized by.. Oh well, maybe someday.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
My name is Kai, I like it, its short, simple but unique and no nickname is required. The only problem is having to spell it out to people when I first meet them, also its commonly mispronounced when people read it. The correct pronunciation is like 'Ky', rhyming with 'sky'.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Well my parents went with Andrew, so obviously I get called Andy a lot, and Andy Shandy (my username) was also a nickname that stuck after a few people in my class in some subject a lot time ago were coming up with rhymes for people's names.

My little brother's full name is the best though, his name's Adam Douglas Alexander Mills, so his initials spell ADAM, which is obviously his first name =P Better than my other brother anyway, whose initials are RIM.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'm a JR. so my first name's origin is pretty obvious. Most people just called me Daniel, however a lot of people in high school called me by "Fitz", which is what you get when you drop the -gerald off of my last name. I kind of liked it, but only a few people called me Fitz in college. Most of the people who still do are old high school friends I don't see much anymore.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
My full name is Nicholas Alexander Ruedy.

My last name confuses people for some reason, it isn't very difficult to sound out but whatever.

Obviously people call me Nick.

I've recently picked up the nickname Teddy. Don't really remember the circumstances, but now its' stuck on me.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
My name is Jack. I like it, and I think it suits me just fine. It isn't my legal name (that would be John, which I don't like as much), but it's the name everyone who I'm on a first-name basis with addresses me as. I was named for my grandfather, also a John whom everyone calls Jack. It comes from my English heritage.

Although ever since joining the Navy, I've been mostly going by my last name to the point where I often feel the urge to introduce myself to strangers with my last name. It's a weird compulsion, but not one I'm wholly against. I don't like to get too chummy with people I don't know well, and this helps me keep strangers at a polite distance until they no longer get to be strangers. I also dislike when people I dislike use my first name, especially my nickname. I don't outright dislike many people, but when it happens, it bugs the shit out of me.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
My name is Brandon Wayne [not giving my last name up]. The Wayne is for John Wayne, and I don't really have a problem with Brandon either.

Playing sports my whole life, for the most part I've gone by my last name, it's only recently that I've had the majority of people calling me Brandon

Also, in the next town over, there's a kid who has the same exact name as me (minus middle name), and was born like the same day as me too.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Lucien . Fuck that name . And fuck my parents for namig me that . LUCIEN is NOT a black mans name dammit!

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
Wade. Eh, it's decent enough. All through elementary school, everyone called me Wayne. I've only met one other person with the same name. My mom wanted to name me Sebastian; fortunately my dad talked her out of it.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Spot1990 said:
Liam. No complaints really. Except for growing up Irish class always had a text book with a dorky character named Liam. It's almost like the writers decided "Man, Liam's a hard name to make fun of, it doesn't rhyme with anything like Luke/Puke, it doesn't have a double meaning like John, it doesn't even really sound much like any girl's name... Bullies have nothing to work with here.
Would your last name happen to be "Reacher"?

Anyways, I go by fist name most of the time and I like mine.

I carry the same name as my father, which makes things easier in the house because only one name needs be called to get both of us.
It is also one of the most common names on earth, which is why I had a lot of nicknames already.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Jorg, I don't mind it too much. But it's useless as soon as I leave the country. When abroad I go by J(ay) usually and I've gotten used to that to the point that I call myself that when speaking to myself.

Andrewtheeviscerator

It's Leviosahhhhhhh
Feb 23, 2012
Well my full name is Andrew David McKee. My mom originally wanted to name me Levi, luckily my dad stepped in before that shit went through. David is my Dad's name so I guess it a family thing, being the first born son and all. Overall I like my name, Andrew is a pretty nice name not very common I find though as I've met very few people with the same name actually. Also anyone who tries to call me Andy gets beaten with a baseball bat (I really hate being called Andy, don't ask me why cause I don't know)

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Frank Easton here, last name was Mizrahi but my dad changed it for some reason. Makes sense given that I went to catholic school for years, you think they'd have let me in with such a jewish name? As for my first name I like it, it was my grandfather's first name and he was in WW2 so it's all good. He actually gave me a ring made of gold and black onyx with a golden letter F on it.

As for nicknames, I was called Frank the Tank when I was young because in a game of lazer tag some kids said I chased a guy like a tank, had my gun to his sensor the whole time. I've also been called Frankenstein and Franklin because kids in school are assholes.

Bravo Company

Feb 21, 2010
I'm CJ. That's my entire first name, I don't have a middle name. It confuses the piss out of people so much. Then with every certificate I've ever received that always manage to mis-punctuate my name. C.J. ins't my legal name >.>

But overall, I enjoy my name. I've never met someone with a name as short as mine so... Achievement unlocked?

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
My name is Charles.

I usually go by Charlie though.

It's okay I guess. Nothing too dull and nothing too exotic. I wouldn't change it.

RedFeather1975

Apr 26, 2008
I'm not very fond of what I was named. I would have preferred Braxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpd24-3EXbA