Your nightmares.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I had a bad dream that I just cannot shake. So I thought to write it down here.

Not sure what they are called, but those people who wear the freaky girl anime masks? The ones in my dream, they weren't masks, they were their real faces. Also, it was about four feet tall.

It was harassing me by jumping and skipping around me and posing like you see them do in photos. I tried to drive it off with a chain I had, but it seemed to posses preternatural agility and effortlessly dodged my every attack. It skipped off and I gave chase. I took another swing at it, and of course it dodged and posed as it had before. Then I noticed there were 7 others, and they had me surrounded.

Fortunately, I woke up.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
There's a dream group for this sort of thing, I'm sure Redlin would appreciate the plug.

Here's one of mine though.

So there's this guy, kind of heavy-set seems to have white paint or make up smeared across his face. He's singing this U2 song, he's quite bad at it because he has a nervous tone to his voie and it cracks every so often.

so the focus is on him, he's the only thing I can really see, two hands reach into sight and lift his shirt. Under it are a number of large scars and surgical staples and the like, the guy doesn't seem too bothered as he just keeps singing to himself. The hands then grab hold and pull off parts of his chest, not violently, they come off as if they weren't really attached and his chest cavity is just black and empty.

Then, joy of joys, bugs start crawling out of the cavity, a lot of bugs, he notices them and looks down, only now stopping his horribly distorted singing and starts screaming. And he doesn't stop and it's very loud and quite irritating, apparently he hands agree with that and they grab his head, lifting it as if it weren't attached and drops it, still screaming mind you, into a bucket.

Then I woke up, thanks brain. :D

Images

Apr 8, 2010
Mine is an object of infinite size and mass sitting on a pinhead. Don't know why but it scares the shit out of me.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I had a nightmare that my nightmare knew it was a nightmare and would cease to exist if I woke up, and was trying to render me comatose.

There's also the one where I'm really tired and struggle to get out of bed, only to wake up and I'm still in bed. After 3 or 4 times it get's very annoying. Worse is when I'm trying to get out of bed because there are those monsters made of darkness in my room and I have to get to the light. It's so dark that turning the lamp on doesn't make it less dark.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I remember that I had a nightmare where I got shot in the head.

Well, just before I did get shot, I woke up, and naturally, I was covered in sweat.

Also, for a brief period in my life, I couldn't play F:NV before sleep, as Cazadores gave me nightmares.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Had one the other night where our house burned down and our cat was trapped inside and screaming her head off in terror trying to get out.

I also had a rather melancholy song from .hack, Hope of Dawn and the feelings it evokes (and the fact that it's associated with a virus-type entity that successfully turns several of the main characters into insane raving tentacled freaks who have to be put down) haunting my dreams one night after listening to it too much, and it stuck with me throughout the following day. Now I avoid listening to it.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
I haven't had any in years, but I used to have the same sort when I was younger.

I was in a swamp or marsh, trying to escape the crocodiles that were after me so I would climb the submerged pyramids in the swamp.

Or bears or wolves would be chasing me and I had to climb to escape them.

Or there was something scary outside and I kept trying to get my cats inside, except when I got them inside I'd turn back to the door and my cats would be outside. And inside. There'd be multiples of each cat and I didn't know which ones were really my cats.

Oh, and a gigantic Onyxia would fly overhead and try to eat everyone so I'd stealth around (I played a rogue in my wow days) to recuse my cats that escaped the house.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I had a nightmare last night where I moved my rug and found a trap door. When I opened it there was a ladder leading straight down into what looked like a cavern, where a bunch of animal-zombie things were looking up at me with yellow eyes. I remember one of the things, a lizard-humanoid-ish creature, started slowly climbing up the ladder towards me, and it gave me a big creepy shit-eating grin right before I slammed the trap door shut.

... It actually gave me some really good ideas for the next Dungeons and Dragons session I'm doing!

Andrew Giarrusso

Mar 6, 2012
I sometimes have nightmares when I'm paralyzed and can't talk, lying on the ground, and there's something about to kill me, like a giant spider or a crazy butcher.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
xmbts said:
There's a dream group for this sort of thing, I'm sure Redlin would appreciate the plug.
Did somebody say dream group? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Dreamer-Society]

[sub]Thanks. :)[/sub]

OT: The nightmare I've been having off and on for a while now involve me trying to get to someone I love but they are always terribly assaulted before I can get there. Then she commits suicide. It's not fun...

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Images said:
Mine is an object of infinite size and mass sitting on a pinhead. Don't know why but it scares the shit out of me.
That reminds me of a fever dream I had way back when I was like 9 or something. I had fallen asleep watching the land before time and had a really weird dream with needles poking in giant brown masses, or something like that, it was a fever dream, it was weird.

The only thing I can really remember as a nightmare is this one really weird dream that I've had a couple times where my teeth are all jagged and ruined, like they had been broken off and I'm grinding the remains of the bone together and getting big chunks of teeth in my mouth.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
When I was a little kid, I used to have two recurring ones.

The first was that I would be walking around a maze, and when I got to the end, I'd fall through the sky, landing safely in the back garden of the house we lived in at the time. Then the sky would go dark and I'd walk up to a door, open it and see something shrouded in the dark and seemed to be people. Best I can make of that one was that I must have walked in on my parents doing it and been traumatized.

The other is that I'd wake up in a maze like series of caves made of ice. I'd walk around, lost, and come to a big cavernous clearing. I'd walk in, looking around, and then be mauled by the Fox's Glacier Mints polar bear. Try explaining that one.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
008Zulu said:
I had a bad dream that I just cannot shake. So I thought to write it down here.

Not sure what they are called, but those people who wear the freaky girl anime masks? The ones in my dream, they weren't masks, they were their real faces. Also, it was about four feet tall.

It was harassing me by jumping and skipping around me and posing like you see them do in photos. I tried to drive it off with a chain I had, but it seemed to posses preternatural agility and effortlessly dodged my every attack. It skipped off and I gave chase. I took another swing at it, and of course it dodged and posed as it had before. Then I noticed there were 7 others, and they had me surrounded.

Fortunately, I woke up.
First off, I had to look up "freaky girl anime masks" and yes, they are truly terrifying on a level that surpasses the reverse uncanny valley (so fake, yet exists in real life that it makes it terrifying).

Secondly, kudos for mentioning the word "preternatural" and having me add it to my expanding vocabulary. I'm going to find different ways to pepper that into ever conversation for the next week or so.

But I digress.

I'm no Joseph, but based on what you described, it seems like you might have some deep-seated unpleasantness or hate towards something that might be manifested itself into something else that you dislike; something related to anime, manga, or Japanese entertainment in general. It is at some level where you do not want any part of it, yet it is constantly around you. You try to ignore it, but can't; you then lash out (by attempting to strike it with a chain) in hopes that it will leave you alone. Despite your perseverance, it is no use and eventually in your pursue to do away with this anomaly, you are surrounded and soon to be compromised.

The end of your dream is your fear that you may not only be unable to do away or even escape this displeasure, but that you might be absorbed by it and like it against your will (i.e. follow the crowd, trends, 'what's cool, hip, and relevant,' etc.).

Again, not an expert or anything; I've just had nightmares that were similar in nature, albeit a bit more disturbing and cryptic.

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
Well, this guy has made an appearance or two.

http://s11.postimg.org/3m9qfa41f/images645698.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I strangled a guy to death in the dream I had last night. To be fair this was after he tried to kill me on multiple occasions for reasons that are hazy to me. I'm not entirely sure if I'd call it a nightmare per se, it was actually a great deal wackier than that description would imply, but it did kind of creep me out when I woke up.

Tenkage

May 28, 2010
Ok don't laugh, but I once had a recent dream where I was being chased by the cast of the Wayside Story books who were yelling "Exterminate" like the Dalaks, while I was in a gym, wearing a tutu...note to self, never eat 5 fudge brownies with whipped cream before bed.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
Tenkage said:
Ok don't laugh, but I once had a recent dream where I was being chased by the cast of the Wayside Story books who were yelling "Exterminate" like the Dalaks, while I was in a gym, wearing a tutu...note to self, never eat 5 fudge brownies with whipped cream before bed.
You're a barrel of toxic waste away from being the Toxic Avenger. Congratulations.

Tenkage

May 28, 2010
Zombie Sodomy said:
Tenkage said:
You're a barrel of toxic waste away from being the Toxic Avenger. Congratulations.
Whats that supposed to mean?