Your nightmares.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
Ever since I got done with school I've been having this recurring dream that I'm back there. No axe murderers or monsters, just regular school. God I hate that place.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
Most of my dreams are nightmares.

Recurring one is
Most recurring one i've had is where I'm in my high school, and i'm running down a hallway and i see my best friend, and she gets shot right as i get to her, and the sound of the gunshot shatters the whole thing and we all go falling through the shards, which start arranging themselves into giant columns of stained glass, showing me memories and dark things.

I hit the bottom and i'm bleeding all over the place, the glass that cuts me then dissolves onto my skin like raindrops, and i'm standing before a throne made of human bones and flesh. Seated atop it is a man like figure with a mask that is so dark it seems to absorb the surrounding light. We're on two columns separated by a bridge over an ocean of blood. I stagger to my feet, bleeding and dizzy and he stands up, brandishing a sword made of a giant spinal cord. Sharpened with jagged points all over it. I pull my katana out of nowhere and try talking him down, the blade seems to writhe like it's alive in his hands and as he gets closer, i can make out more of his features and after a few clashes, he disarms me, lifts me up with one hand and runs me through.

The spinal cord sword starts to fuse with mine and the agony makes my vision explode in a curtain of bright white light. I sink to my knees and place my hands on my face, and start to see the world going black, and as i do, i catch my reflection off the floor and I look like the man who sat on the Throne.

I've had more where i'm trapped in some random facility and i'm escaping multitudes of nightmare creatures. Always end up dying to one of those 'Grudge' style little girls with a shiv made of half a pair of scissors. I just can't bring myself to fight a child.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
Tenkage said:
Zombie Sodomy said:
Tenkage said:
Ok don't laugh, but I once had a recent dream where I was being chased by the cast of the Wayside Story books who were yelling "Exterminate" like the Dalaks, while I was in a gym, wearing a tutu...note to self, never eat 5 fudge brownies with whipped cream before bed.
You're a barrel of toxic waste away from being the Toxic Avenger. Congratulations.
Whats that supposed to mean?
After being tricked into wearing a tutu Melvin Ferd III is chased down the halls of the gym where he works by a crowd of colorful 80's preppies. Seeking to escape he jumps out the window and lands into a barrel of toxic waste becoming the Toxic Avenger.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
It's amazing how insignificant even the worst nightmares get when you make a habit out of ritualistically drinking a cup of tea, coffee or other non-sweetened glass of pretty much anything healthy right before going to sleep.

You won't remember much of the insignificant brain defragmentation process. Your brain will, however, create more and more ludicrously detailed toilets to tempt you into peeing yourself. It will grow into an all-out open warfare of the wits between you and your brain. Last night, my brain lured me into the toilet of a cheese dairy. It was complete and utterly amazing, right down to the bee honey and olive oil bar of soap.

You almost got me there, brain. But the soap didn't smell. Big mistake.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Allow me to weave you a strange tale of a nightmare I used to have as a child.

In my room, there's two doors on either end of the room. One leads outside to the passageway and the rest of the house, the other leads into a boiler room with the most horrific looking boiler room you'd ever seen. We're talking Silent Hill horrific.

In my childish reoccuring nightmares, I'm paralysed and I can feel the room beginning to tilt - the door to the boiler room slowly, slowly creaks open revealing an oily void. I hear un-natural growling and hissing from the boiler and what can only be described as Tarman slowly ambles out of the door carrying a small axe in his hands.

The room tilts more and more, the room is what seems like a 80 degree angle - tarman stands at the foot at my bed and moonlight shines off him. He grabs the quilt cover and slowly slides it off me.

I begin to slide toward the end of my bed and the tarman begins to smile maliciously, and I can see the abyss I am sliding into. It brightens up slightly only to allow me to see it's a big oily tunnel.

At this point I'm at the foot of the oily tunnel that should be my boiler. I can see more tarmen oozing from out of the tunnel walls.

I continue sliding along slowly, and my back feels cold and wet - I'm inside the tunnel. I can hear a creak behind me - the door is closing.

I wake up - and the hairy part of this is that I'm still paralysed - and the door to the boiler room creaks open.

And let me tell you fellow Escapists, when you're 8 years old, this is shit-scary.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
My nightmares are usually bizarre, with dinosaurs and animals that can talk. Some of them are friendly to the humans, while there's usually one that ends up chasing the group I'm with. I was also chased by some impending doom in form of a natural disaster for many nights. People die left and right in my nightmares, but I just keep on going towards wherever I need to go. I think the feeling of being chased is what's worse and most real.

Oct 2, 2012
I have a nightmare everytime I go to sleep. They get weirder and weirder if I go back to sleep after waking up from one and they're at their weirdest if I go to sleep when its night time.

One weird recurring dream is me being raped by Velma from Scooby Doo. I'll just be having a normal dream, like say I'm at one of my old High schools and then all of a sudden things get blurry and I'm being chased by something orange. I run through standard school themed horror rooms (A steamy, dark locker room with chains hanging around, Cafeterias covered in blood, etc) and then I finally get cornered by the Orange Blur. Then the blur becomes defined and its Velma from Scooby and shes forcing herself onto me and I'm powerless.

The setting changes usually but the same damn events always take place. No frikken idea why I have that dream, its weird as hell.

My other recurring nightmares aren't very nice topics of conversation and I don;t remember much of my "one-off" weird ones.

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
When I was around five or six, I had a dream I was eaten whole by a giant bald eagle. It scared me, but I woke up unbothered nonetheless, and went downstairs to the dining room table for some breakfast. Then I realized something was wrong: I wasn't looking through my eyes, but from a sort of third-person perspective, as though I was watching myself in a movie. The moment this dawned on me, the eagle returned and ate me again, at which point I woke up for real.

Okay, so my five/six-year-old-self was demonstrably on par with Christopher Nolan, but the dream's still not all that scary, right? I thought so too until a few years afterwards... at which point, during a sleepover, my best friend had the same dream.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
CrimsonBlaze said:
I'm no Joseph, but based on what you described, it seems like you might have some deep-seated unpleasantness or hate towards something that might be manifested itself into something else that you dislike; something related to anime, manga, or Japanese entertainment in general. It is at some level where you do not want any part of it, yet it is constantly around you. You try to ignore it, but can't; you then lash out (by attempting to strike it with a chain) in hopes that it will leave you alone. Despite your perseverance, it is no use and eventually in your pursue to do away with this anomaly, you are surrounded and soon to be compromised.

The end of your dream is your fear that you may not only be unable to do away or even escape this displeasure, but that you might be absorbed by it and like it against your will (i.e. follow the crowd, trends, 'what's cool, hip, and relevant,' etc.).
Well, I hate those masks.

Other than that, I have no idea what it is. Other than, of course, it unnerving me when I think about the dream.

Gormech

May 10, 2012
It's a dream of me sitting in front of my computer.
It's late at night and I'm too drowsy to make out the texts on the screen.
All I know is that I see a pocket knife I play around with and from a 1st person perspective, see myself pick it up and
bring it over towards the other hand.
It starts with a slow puncture into the palm, along with it a warm feeling but not pleasant.
More like the hints of pain that just haven't come yet.
The knife goes deeper, warmth rising more and more before suddenly
there's a crack and I see my wrist snap into an unnatural position with the bone ripping out before I wake up.

ComandaKool

Jun 5, 2011
I have a few reoccurring nightmares.

1. Call it unoriginal but I dream that I'm falling and just as I'm about to hit the ground I wake up, usually in a panic.

2. I'm in a mall or crowded area and I'm being chased by something, however when I turn around to see what it is I don't see anything. Also I can't run, no matter how much I try all I can do is limp with great strain, and no one will help they all simply pass by.

3. I'm trapped in a spiders web struggling to escape, eventually I wake up to find Iv'e been wrapped in my bed sheets.

Apart from the 2nd example, pretty average I suppose.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
GodzillaGuy92 said:
When I was around five or six, I had a dream I was eaten whole by a giant bald eagle. It scared me, but I woke up unbothered nonetheless, and went downstairs to the dining room table for some breakfast. Then I realized something was wrong: I wasn't looking through my eyes, but from a sort of third-person perspective, as though I was watching myself in a movie. The moment this dawned on me, the eagle returned and ate me again, at which point I woke up for real.

Okay, so my five/six-year-old-self was demonstrably on par with Christopher Nolan, but the dream's still not all that scary, right? I thought so too until a few years afterwards... at which point, during a sleepover, my best friend had the same dream.
I don't know if you've read the works of Tolkien, but in the dream, the line of the Stewards of Gondor have some form of hereditary dream. Faramir has the recurring dream, that was once experienced by Boromir.

The freaky nub of it is that Tolkien himself had a recurring dream that seemed to detail the fall of Atlantis, and having never shared details of the dream with anyone, was disturbed to find one day that his son Michael had experienced the same dream.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Two that I remember vividly are one where I'm stuck in a burning building trying to escape when I suddenly get chains throw themselves around me and my feet suddenly get cuffed and I slowly burn to death after watching my family slowly burn to death.

And the second is being at the very top of a collapsing building and falling 6 stories onto rough concrete.

Needless to say my major fears are being trapped and being at a great (unsafe) height. What's bizarre is the fact that I love rollercoasters. Especially ones that they lock you firmly in place for and go upside down, extremely high, have big fast drops, I love all of that.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
I am trapped in a very narrow underground structure that is covered in toxic spikes. Swim to fast and your arms make such a wide motion you get stabbed swim to slow drown. It was horrifying but the thing is it always smelled horrible and since I noted this I wonder how i can smell if I am holding my breath and then have a degree of control over my dream possibly making it a lucid dream which is rather fantastic.

I still try to find logical flaws in terrifying situations as a result even real ones like a car wreck I was in not fully sure it was real not that I would react so different as to just write it off but more like this weird nagging in the back of my mind that is asking to make sure every part of this is real.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I very, VERY rarely have full on nightmares, it's usually just sleep paralysis which is a whole different kind of terrifying. The only really nightmare I've ever has happened when I was about 12 and it more or less burned itself into my memory for the past 8-9 years. I will NEVER forget the feeling of pure dread this dream gave me.

I found myself in an extremely cold, very old warehouse with a group of children most of whom are a couple years younger then myself. It's cold so we're all bundled up finely enough, but we're also completely alone, after a few moments an adult man (Who for some reason was Robin Williams) comes into the warehouse and starts telling us what to do.

For reasons that probably only make sense in dreams, we had to leave the warehouse to go and find food, so arming ourselves with bits of broken glass and other such things, we left the warehouse to do that. This is where it turns horrifying, because I kinda switch to a third person camera, as I watch SOMETHING snatch up these little kids as they walk through the snow filled city outside the warehouse. I go back to my own perspective just in time to see another kid I was right beside, get dragged off by a small bald man, with impossibly pale skin, and unnaturally long arms, drag off another kid and beat him to death. I start running and get back to the Warehouse, but when I tell Robin Williams what happened, he became furious and started beating me himself. He then opened up the warehouse door, letting in dozens of the bald pale men, who all swarm around me.

When I woke up I turned on every single light I could reach and I swear I didn't sleep again for like 2 days.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
This is my most recent truly terrifying dream. This is a repost from the Dreamer's Society group.

I was in my room when I heard this bone chilling screeching (kind of like a Nazgul only lower in pitch) coming from somewhere in my house. I walked outside of my room and started exploring my pitch black house. The lay out was all the same except for this weird pyramid structure on the top floor. I made my way to the top of the pyramid and saw one of my friends standing there.
My friend told me that I needed to open the safe. He and I went back down the pyramid and down into my basement. In the furnace room, there was a door that was never there before. As soon as I opened the door, the screeching came again and it was coming from upstairs. We could hear foot steps running down the stairs so we quickly ran through the door and shut it.
Behind the door was a long corridor that led to a small dark room. There was a small black safe in the middle of the room. I opened the safe because I somehow knew the combination and inside was a black orb. I picked up the orb and my friend immediately vanished.
The screeching suddenly became very loud and I could hear it coming down the corridor. I opened a hatch that was in the ceiling and climbed up. It led to the closet in my bedroom. I got in bed and pulled up the covers. I laid on my side facing away from my door and computer.
Suddenly I heard breathing coming from behind me. I slowly turned over and say a dark and demented looking figure sitting in my computer chair with it's back to me. It had long black hair as well as long and unnaturally bent limbs. I stared at it for what felt like an hour when I suddenly noticed that beneath the hair on what I thought was the back of its head, I could see small red eyes glaring back at me. It was then I realized that its head was completely turned around in a grotesque fashion and had been glaring at me the whole time. I screamed in terror and then it leaped at me.
Then I woke up.
Fucking terrifying.

Mr C

May 8, 2008
I can't move, I can't see. But I can hear the door open and footsteps coming slowly towards my side of the bed. The footsteps stop right next to me, I know I'm dreaming and nothing is really there so I try to reach my wife whilst begging her to wake me. The entity grabs me or the duvet I'm wrapped in and slowly drags me towards it. Eventually my wife has woken me and says you were moving about and making strange noises, I just thank her she noticed. This type of shit is common when I'm stressed, I fucking hate it.

It happened so vividly (and violently) during my final exams at Uni I jumped out of bed and ran yelling into the corridor before I realised I was awake. Thank fuck my flatmates were out!

Other times I can see, but same deal, I can't move. I don't allow mirrors in the bedroom or TV's, werewolves or shadows come out of them in these odd nightmares. I'm bloody weird.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I don't remember my dreams often, but when I do, my nightmares tend to be horrific twistings of real life.

Like this:

xmbts said:
...turning into this:

<youtube=Azh4WupUB-U>

It got the most screwed up after I played Myst. I had three REALLY vivid nightmares, all in which A. the bad guys escaped their prisons and killed me, or B. they showed up out of place, as if the game was possessed or glitched to hell, and killed me. With poison. And that goddamned music.

One of the most horrific dreams I ever had was a Christmas Easter Egg gone bad. I dreamed I was watching a kids movie (don't remember which one), and because it was Christmas Eve in the dream, an alternate scene played where Santa came down the chimney... and caught fire. And he continued to play this jolly little setting-out-the-presents scene WHILE ON FIRE AND HIS FLESH WAS CRISPING. And then he left, and the movie continued on as normal.