Your opinion or thought on Love?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Of course I believe in love!

Love is the most dangerous emotion there is, but it is totally worth it. As they say, "It is better to have love and lost than to never love at all".

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
"Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass." - Desiderata

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Fappy said:
As they say, "It is better to have love and lost than to never love at all".
Considering one can not experience both of those two things, they'd be a little hard to compare, though...when all is said and done, they're mutually exclusive. You can't know which one is better, because you'll only ever know one.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Vegosiux said:
Fappy said:
As they say, "It is better to have love and lost than to never love at all".
Considering one can not experience both of those two things, they'd be a little hard to compare, though...when all is said and done, they're mutually exclusive. You can't know which one is better, because you'll only ever know one.
Stop inserting logic into seasoned phrases! XD

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Neil Gaiman said:
Have you ever been in love?
Horrible isn't it?
It makes you so vulnerable.
It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore.
Love takes hostages.
It gets inside you.
It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart.
It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind.
It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain.
I hate love.
This is probably the best description I ever found...

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Rose and Thorn said:
disgruntledgamer said:
Rose and Thorn said:
disgruntledgamer said:
Rose and Thorn said:
Do you believe in love?

Whether or not you can describe it, I am curious to know what everyone who answers opinion or thought on love is. What is love to you? What ISN'T love to you?

Get technical, stay simple. Be detailed, or answer vaguely. Give me your honest feelings on this one word, and what it means to you.
Nope or to say at least I haven't experienced it, and untill than I'd say it's no different than eating large quantities of chocolate
In fact it is VERY different! Love never gave me pimples, eating a large quantity of chocolate did however. :p
Well if you look at love as at least being partly hormonal it did.
Touche disgruntledgamer, touche. Until next we meet! *Retreats back into thine Rosebush*
Doesn't that hurt? You know with all the thorns.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Eleuthera said:
Neil Gaiman said:
Have you ever been in love?
Horrible isn't it?
It makes you so vulnerable.
It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore.
Love takes hostages.
It gets inside you.
It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart.
It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind.
It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain.
I hate love.
This is probably the best description I ever found...
It's also a good description for a horror movie involving a parasites. Seriously I can't the only one thinking of bug parasites after reading that.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Seriously no one has said "I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVE."

I'm torn. On one hand, stories about love can be very fun, on the other:

1. My dad's on his third marriage
2. My mother was the second
3. He still has problems now and then with his current wife

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Yep. To not believe in love is to be a rather empty individual.

Although it is a hard thing to describe. Unique to everyone and all of that. It is awesome, though, and can make you do incredible (If somewhat stupid) things in its name. Oh, and it is destructive.

But totally and utterly worth it.

EDIT:

To the people currently blaming your fucked up parents/family life for being single. Seriously? Get over yourselves. I should have expected as much but come on guys and gals...

Everyone has a fucked up family life. Sure, some of them are more fucked up then others. Some people have alcoholic fathers that beat them up when they were young, something that the family glosses over cause in all probability he was raped as a kid by his step dad. Or mothers with manic depression, sisters with manic depression, brothers with manic depression. No money, no love within their family.

Yet plenty of those people go on to find love. Is it despite of their family lives? Perhaps. Or maybe it is because once you let go of all the bitter hatred you gather whilst growing up you can be happy.

Speaking as someone who comes from a pretty fucked up family and is currently undeniably in love, well... Yeah. I guess that's enough.

Doesn't matter who you are or what you have done, someone somewhere will make you happier than you can imagine. Someone will try and understand you and even when they fail they will still forgive you.

If I can find love fucking anyone can.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
disgruntledgamer said:
Rose and Thorn said:
disgruntledgamer said:
Rose and Thorn said:
disgruntledgamer said:
Rose and Thorn said:
Do you believe in love?

Whether or not you can describe it, I am curious to know what everyone who answers opinion or thought on love is. What is love to you? What ISN'T love to you?

Get technical, stay simple. Be detailed, or answer vaguely. Give me your honest feelings on this one word, and what it means to you.
Nope or to say at least I haven't experienced it, and untill than I'd say it's no different than eating large quantities of chocolate
In fact it is VERY different! Love never gave me pimples, eating a large quantity of chocolate did however. :p
Well if you look at love as at least being partly hormonal it did.
Touche disgruntledgamer, touche. Until next we meet! *Retreats back into thine Rosebush*
Doesn't that hurt? You know with all the thorns.
Mine body is already covered in them, thy pain pales in comparison to thine agony I feel when I set mine eyes on thy sick of our earth.

By the way, way to get suspended! hehe

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
I believe in love and I believe in infatuation, and I don't believe in the two being the same thing.

Infatuation is a feeling - that bubbly, cutesy sensation that makes you want to giggle and snuggle up in someone's lap and have their fingers play with your hair. (And sometimes it's that wrenching feeling in your gut that keeps you up at night thinking horrid, jealous thoughts.) Infatuation is an impermanent, come-and-go feeling; love is not.

To love is simply to want the best for somebody else even (some might say, especially) when it means doing something that is difficult or unpleasant for you. Love is to have one's own happiness dependent on another's. So if someone I love (whether it's my boyfriend, my cat, my dad, my grandma or my best friend) is unhappy, I am unhappy. If they are happy, at least some part of me is too.

As Massive Attack so eloquently put it:

Love, love is a verb
Love is a doing word

P.S. I believe one of the big reasons people can't seem to keep their marriages together anymore is because most of them didn't marry for anything but dramatic infatuation in the first place.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Love is a many splendored thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love!

(breaks into Moulin Rouge routine)