Your overrated and underrated games?

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
Overrated All CoD games. Underrated: James Bond from Russia whith love.
I dunno for the rest of the world I haven't been in but where I lived and everbody I heard named it allways says it isn't good but I liked From russia whith love really awesome singleplayer and the splitscreen mode was really funny whith good stages and different weapons and other stuff but I don't remember if you could play online... I think so.

daftnoize

Aug 23, 2010
No Good Names Left said:
Overrated
MW2 World of Warcraft(If it counts)and Uncharted
Underrated
Timespliters Hogs of war and the 3D worms games
Yeah timespiltters 1 was awesome 2 was great as well 3 not so much

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Overrated: most FPS's. I still enjoy them, but they're all pretty interchangeable and generic.

Underrated: Besides the most obvious (Beyond Good & Evil), I could name a whole bunch. For now I'll go with The Saboteur, which was dismissed as a bland sandbox game, but has a ton of atmosphere and is very fun besides.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Really, I find that most "underrated" games are praised by damn near everyone, so I hardly consider Shadow of the Collosus, ICO, Okami, No More Heroes, etc... "underrated".

Unloved, maybe...

Anyway, on topic;

Overrated: Grand Theft Auto 4. I've gone on rants before, so I'll condense it to this;
Boring gameplay, boring driving, boring story that went nowhere half the time, boring weapons, no fun cheats, bad controls, muddy graphics, weird-ass physics, and FUCKING AMERICAN TITIES ROMAN!

Well, maybe I'm being too harsh on Roman....

Underrated: Valkyria Chronicles. It got moderate reviews and a good fanbase, but it did fall to obscurity for a time (barring Yahtzee's review). Overall, it's a damn good game that I think really deserves more than it got.

daftnoize

Aug 23, 2010
Jumplion said:
Really, I find that most "underrated" games are praised by damn near everyone, so I hardly consider Shadow of the Collosus, ICO, Okami, No More Heroes, etc... "underrated".

Unloved, maybe...

Anyway, on topic;

Overrated: Grand Theft Auto 4. I've gone on rants before, so I'll condense it to this;
Boring gameplay, boring driving, boring story that went nowhere half the time, boring weapons, no fun cheats, bad controls, muddy graphics, weird-ass physics, and FUCKING AMERICAN TITIES ROMAN!

Well, maybe I'm being too harsh on Roman....

Underrated: Valkyria Chronicles. It got moderate reviews and a good fanbase, but it did fall to obscurity for a time (barring Yahtzee's review). Overall, it's a damn good game that I think really deserves more than it got.
Yeah good point i hardly see how shadow of C is underated. I reckon most people who rave about that game have never even played it. If it weren't for the escapist i wouldn't be playing okami right now though. I agree though obscure and underated are two different things

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
over rated: Golden eye. I don't care what anybody says I hate the games controls, I thought the single player was mediocre at best, and the multi player didn't do it for me because I hate the dam controls (but controls are personal preference so I guess it isn't that over rated because I see the appeal). also Uncharted and kingdom hearts (mostly kingdom hearts, hated that game)

under rated: Spore, not saying it was an amazing game because it wasn't. It made some big mistakes but it also did allot very very well. I don't think it gets quite the credit it deserves for what it does right considering the amount of risks it took

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Overrated: The entire Halo series, and every Final Fantasy.

Underrated: The Way of the Samurai series, and Kane and Lynch.

samster284

Aug 3, 2010
Overrated: Like so many, MW2
Underrated: Altitude, which is a game on steam. Which is free this weekend and to buy it is like 5$.

Lightslei

Feb 18, 2010
I would kindly like to stab everyone that said Okami is underrated. Underplayed, not Underrated.

As for me, meh I guess most things. A lot of people despise FFX but I thought it was alright, keep in mind I'm stuck in the last generation of consoles for the most part.

Actually I'm going to throw DQ8 in as Underplayed.

As for Overrated: Every reskinned FPS with the exact same engine.

There are a lot of them >_>.

Underrated: The Advanced Wars Series
I wish I UNDERSTOOD how to play it, or maybe I just suck that much at those types of games.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Overrated:Final Fantasy 4. I just couldn't get into it.

Underrated:Sonic Adventure 1. Contrary to popular belief, sonic was, very briefly, good on a 3d plane.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Underrated: Sacred 2 (I mention this game in every second post now -_-)
Overrated: TES:Oblivion

MachoFern

Jul 20, 2010
Overrated: Uncharted 2, Red Dead Redemption

Underrated: MAG, Mercenaries 2:World In Flames (no longer own)

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Overrated: Halo 1, 2 and 3 (I haven't played any other halo games), call of duty's line of trash, Assassin's Creed (Garbage, garbage), Starcraft, Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft, and (for the hell of it) the N64.

Underrated (At least in north america): Monster Hunter series, Timesplitters trilogy, Disgaea trilogy, Phantom Brave, and Splatterhouse.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
OVERRATED: Right now im going to say Red Dead Redemption.

Underrated: ...maybe right now i guess... Blazblue: Continuum Shift, been playing it for weeks now and im having a blast.