Your overrated and underrated games?

Vesuvius Hetlan

Sep 3, 2010
Overrated: think its called Haven. It wasn't very well rated but it is truly a repulsive piece of crap.

Underrated: Okami. I swear. It is THE BEST game I have ever played.

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
A couple of games I think are underrated:

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - all you have to do is turn the volume down and it's just as good as the others.

Second Sight - This game is great fun, and it has a fantastic story.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Overrated: KotOR. Oh god, KotOR.

Underrated: Army of Two: The 40th Day.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Overrated: GTA series, Halo series, COD series especially MW2, etc

Underrated: Jedi Knight series

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Overrated: Halo 1, 2 and 3, ODST and (probably) Reach.
Master Chief (or Chef) is an overblown, one dimensional block of a character and the actual gunplay is severly lacking when compared to a game like Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Underrated: I think we can all agree that the underrated top spot goes to Okami, without question. It's one of the mose original, unique and addictive games you'll ever play.

Ashsaver

Your friendly Yandere
Jun 10, 2010
Overrated: Dragon Age (Don't get me wrong,It's a good game I like it a lot)

Underrated:persona 3,4 (Many people disregard these 2 because they're JRPG)

guitarhero666

Sep 5, 2010
Overrated: GTA IV (*yawn*), MW2 (it's not the second coming of Christ, damnit), Blur (too many damn multiplayer-related unlocks make a crappy SP experience)

Underrated: Split/Second.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Every FPS is over rated
Everything that isn't an FPS is under rated

yay for hating for the sake of hating but seriously
no other genera has the luxury of being to copy paste the exact same game play on to a different dvd and expect it to sell

you can't take Prince of Persia's game play change the box art and resell it as Barron von Teapot's Fucking Ludicrous Adventure. people would say that's just Prince of Persia again.

take Modern Warfare, change the picture on the box slap a number on the end, and ka ching
if you encourage this behavior THERE WILL NEVER BE A GOOD GAME EVER AGAIN

STOP BUYING FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS!!!

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
captaincabbage said:
Underrated: I think we can all agree that the underrated top spot goes to Okami, without question. It's one of the mose original, unique and addictive games you'll ever play.
totally Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Beyond Good and Evil, Killer 7, Psychonauts, Eternal Darkness, no I'm not just listing games that Yahtzee has said he liked in the past. Indigo Prophecy, Mirror's Edge. and Viewtiful Joe also belong on the list

thanks for posting this, I had to get my FPS hatred out before I could read any posts but your comment calmed me down a great deal.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Mikeyfell said:
captaincabbage said:
totally Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Beyond Good and Evil, Killer 7, Psychonauts, Eternal Darkness, no I'm not just listing games that Yahtzee has said he liked in the past. Indigo Prophecy, Mirror's Edge. and Viewtiful Joe also belong on the list

thanks for posting this, I had to get my FPS hatred out before I could read any posts but your comment calmed me down a great deal.
Y'know? As insane as this sounds, I don't think Shadow of the Colossus is underrated. It's gotten so many fans since after it's release who don't stop talking about it to everyone who is willing to listen (and a lot who aren't willing to) that everyone knows how good it is, it's just hard to find.
Also, I am one of those fanboys who won't stop talking about it, since I bought it recently and have been playing the hell out of it ever since.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
captaincabbage said:
Mikeyfell said:
captaincabbage said:

Y'know? As insane as this sounds, I don't think Shadow of the Colossus is underrated. It's gotten so many fans since after it's release who don't stop talking about it to everyone who is willing to listen (and a lot who aren't willing to) that everyone knows how good it is, it's just hard to find.
Also, I am one of those fanboys who won't stop talking about it, since I bought it recently and have been playing the hell out of it ever since.
it puts most games to shame

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Overrated- Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, 3D Zelda, Braid, Sonic (entire series), Metroid Prime Trilogy, Portal

Underrated- Assassins Creed, Metroid: Other M, Halo Wars, Web of Shadows, Defense Grid

ThePantomimeThief

Nov 9, 2009
Librarian Mike said:
Second Sight - This game is great fun, and it has a fantastic story.
Yeah that gets my vote too, awesome game! I think Jedi Academy is underrated too, probably my favourite in the Jedi Knight series but no-one seems to love it :( Also, Heart of Darkness of the Playstation, that game is amazing but no-one seems to remember it.

Overrated - I'm trying to think of a popular game that hasn't been majorly criticized (MW2, Halo series, GTA IV) that I don't like. Most of them I do.

Oh! Dead Rising. I enjoyed the game, but the 72 hour thing really pissed me off, and the other people are idiots.

SkoopMaster

Jul 4, 2010
Overrated: Gears of war, counter-strike, Halo and what ever these kids are playing now in days thinking it's the best game ever.

Underrated: ICO, Unreal tournament 3(well kinda), Thief and Zone of the Enders

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Overrated: Halo, Modern Warfare 2, Final Fantasy 7

Underrated: World in Conflict, Napoleon: Total War

Hgame

Sep 3, 2010
Overrated: Like everyone else, CoD:MW2
Underrated: Beyeond Good and Evil and Deus Ex

daftnoize

Aug 23, 2010
acklumos said:
Overrated: Legend of Zelda.

Underrated: Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2.
Yeah just spent a bomb getting dark cloud 2 delivered to me and it doesn't work. Such a shame loved the first one