Your Parents view on a Game you were Playing

TundraWolf08

Jun 11, 2009
Mom saw me run a person over in Crackdown and made me give the game back to my friend. She thinks games are teaching me to be a killing machine. Somehow. I fail to see the logic in her thoughts.

My dad thinks its a waste of time that does nothing but put me in a fantasy world. Once again his logic fails. He tries to limit me to one hour a day, while my brothers can go for as long as they want when they play HAWX. My family sucks a bit much sometimes.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Usually, nothing, but if my Mom walks in when I'm playing something gory, like, for example, right now (Prototype), she has to walk out. The sheer gore of a game like Prototype freaks her out a bit. It also freaks out my sister. My father would be unaffected because of some past experiences he's had (watching some get horrible mangled in a car accident and than seeing them bleed to death would do that to ya!), and my step-father is mostly unaffected because of Doom (he loves Doom). He would hate Prototype, though, because of the many buttons used. If it doesn't stick to just face buttons, he doesn't want to play it. So, he basically hasn't moved beyond the early 5th generation (PS1, N64, etc) games.

AngryMan

Mar 26, 2008
I think my dad has something like five hundred million gold in Oblivion by now. His character is archmage, master of the fighter's guild, arena champion, champion of Cyrodiil and lord knows what else besides.

For reference purposes, my char on the same game is a hammer-swinging nobody who can't even afford armour.

Mr. Pink

Feb 4, 2009
I explained to my grandma what's happening in BioShock, the story, the plasmids and all...she was impressed that a game can go further than collecting coins, jumping around and killing stuff.

Jun 8, 2009
My parents are completely indifferent to gaming, though my dad laughed at the idea behind a minigun. "Why would you need a minigun? Why didn't you just use a normal gun?" He had a point really, once you're over three bullets a second rate of fire really shouldn't be an issue any more.

4fromK

Apr 15, 2009
Jenkins said:
4fromK said:
Jenkins said:
4fromK said:
lol a memorable incidient that happened recently was when i was playing condemned. my mum is usually semi-interested in what im playing, and she just happened to choose to look over my shoulder for the first ime when i found the gym teacher in the locker and half his face was missing. it was hard for me to explain that one away, but she wasnt too miffed about it. as long as im wasting my own money on games she doesnt care.
closet gay
I'm a closet gay because....... uh ..... because I said.... what?

I quoted the wrong guy mate. my bad
lol thats ok, man. I wasn't offended, just confused.

j1nx

Jun 5, 2009
My dad is interested in anything that has cars in it. Grid/GTA/Trackmania
But only to see cars, not anything gameplay related
My mom on the other hand is indifferent to everything i play.
I'm stabbing people, watching "the american dream" in GTA4, driving over them, she's just like "meh."

gotta love it