Your personal mantra.

Verzin

Jan 23, 2012
'Know what I always say? Always kill the mouthy one, that's what I always say!'

QuartzQuadreant

Sep 14, 2012
De Omnibus Dubitandum. Doubt everything. One of Karl Marx's favourite sayings, and I want to engrave it on something and have it on my desk.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
It doesn't matter.

I have pretty bad anxiety problems and this helps me deal with them a lot.
I also use it if i'm getting upset about something, like getting mad at someone. It's pretty helpful for me.

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
"Yes you want to hit them, No I shouldn't because school doesn't like it, even when justified"
I murmer that to myself every day because of the idiots who think calling someone a "retard" is the best thing to call someone every time you aren't as good as them at something.

Especially PE, seriously, fuck those twats.

Geth Reich

Sep 16, 2012
I have two:

"TAKING BAKER!!!!

"GETHSPLOSION!!!"

The first is just my favourite quote from the insanely over-eager and furious German announcer from COD: WAW's multiplayer while the second is a term I've coined for those awesome death animations Geth Primes have in Mass Effect 3, where they seem to curl up on themselves, shriek electronically and then explode as opposed to every other Geth just falling over dead.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So my mantra is something I say over and over?

I guess my is "come on, come on, come on"

TravelerSF

Nov 13, 2012
"If you always worry about what others think of you, then you never get to do what you really want."

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Hari Krishna, Hari Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hari Hari...

I don't know. I'm not one of those people who can live by one and only one thing for their whole life. I would get bored of repeating the same thing over and over. I think I have a slight (or maybe not so slight) case of ADD but I'm not sure. All the symptoms are there but I haven't verified it yet :)
The same reason I never got a tatoo. I just don't know anything that I would like to have on my body for the rest of my life. I'm constantly moving forward (at least, I like to think so) and things that were important to me in the past, aren't that important now.

When something bad happens, I don't tell myself any motivating phrases, I just analyze what happened, learn not to get in that situation again and move on.
At times, I think that I'm doing less than I should be so I tell myself to step my game up or something like that but there are days when I exceed my own expectations. Then, I congratulate myself.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Does a rhythm count? Because I find myself tapping the Master drum beat from Doctor Who quite often. So I guess that makes my "mantra" "Tap tap tap tap".

Also, this thread is almost reminding me of that one episode of "This Troper".

mechashiva77

Jul 10, 2011
"It's not worth it. It's not worth it. It's not worth it." This is usually how I avoid pointless internet arguments.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
A steal from Frank Herbert:

"I must not rage.
Rage is the mind-killer.
Rage is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my rage.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the rage has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."

slightly modified for my self.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
Zack Alklazaris said:
I often catch myself sighing then murmuring "I want to go home."
Which would be fine if sometimes I wasn't already at home...
that. I started doing that after a particular bad time with an exchange student in france and continued doing it to this very day.

zerragonoss

Oct 15, 2009
To strengthen my will I will train every day.
To strengthen my reason I will seek the connections in all that I learn.
To strengthen my understanding I will listen to those that need be heard.
To strengthen my belief I will see the person at first look.
To strengthen my love I shall always remember what a heart seeks.

I usually recite it at least five times a day.

D-tritus Debris

Jun 18, 2011
Two quotes from Mario Puzo's Godfather, the book that taught me how to relate to people: "Never get angry. Never make a threat. Reason with people." and "Friendship is everything. Friendship is more than talent. It is more than the government. It is almost the equal of family". -both by Don Corleone

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
As I've grown older my primary philosophy has become "Everything Rots". Not only has it helped my tackle my obsessive side, but it also helped flesh out my artistic and literary works, giving me fresh avenues of exploration whilst helping retain distance from my work.