Your Pokemon Story!

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
AllHailTheAltmer said:
My other Pokemon related story is that once I said MacBeth three times in succession, and the next day all my Pokemon cards got stolen at school, including my shiny Charizard. Fortunately I did get most of them back, including good ol' Charizard.
Whoa, that's creepy.

Like many others I was enticed into trying out the original Red and Blue at an early stage by the show at a time when I barely even knew what anime was. My brothers and I agreed to explore all three 'paths' at once by my taking Squirtle and them taking Charmander and Bulbasaur. Good old 1st gen. Lost interest after the 2nd generation, but I do remember constructing an entertaining fantasy wherein Giovanni was revealed as Ash's true father, since we never actually see him or hear much about him save that he left to become a master Pokemon trainer and was never heard from again. Probably too dark for that show though...

damion559

Jan 1, 2009
my sis called her snake pikachu and i asked her what it was from and she said pokemon and i whent and bought a copy of pokemon red and fell in love with the game.....i now own all the games even pokemon channel and pokemon link (pokemon trozie for americans)

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I loved the first season of Pokemon and became a fan straight away, first saw it on Cheese TV on a Monday morning. I saw the gameboy games and pokemon cards advertised inbetween the show. Those were the days but I am over these games now, all they keep doing is bringing out more stupid pokemon, first 150 ruled however I liked some of the second 150 set of pokemon!

The Red version was the first Pokemon game I owned and I actually got my Charizard up to level 100 before I got to the Elite 4 because some friends and I kept battling eachother and we kept training to reach max level. I never found the game challenging but battling with friends was always awesome.

Rock Avich

Feb 6, 2009
There was a time when I DIDN'T know about Pokemon?

I think I may have repressed that part of my life.

I remember playing Pokemon on the original Gameboy with no lights built in and in black and white in Kindergarten straining under the window to see it.

It was the most fun thing in the world.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
It replaced my favorate weekday morning cartoon; I saw the very first episode aired in America.
I think waking up at 6:00 Am, and watching Pokemon must have brainwashed my then absorbant brainsponge.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Third grade of course...
Some dumbass thought it would be a great idea to bring it in on a gameboy and show everyone, and the next day, half the class had one with the game. Friends of mine had it and it was pretty cool...

I didn't though. I went back later to play Blue and Silver on an emulator to see what all the fuss was about and I ended up finding an incredibly bad but addicting game.

I think about it and how easy it was and how it was simply mash A the whole fucking time with pretty much no tactics to complete those games, and that serious set-building and online duels only developed later on.

I really enjoyed them, though I can't quite say why.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Grade 3 like OP, Pokemon was huge, then there were Gameboy Games! I got Pokemon Yellow with the gameboy. :)

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Think I was about 7 when I first go into it? Watching the Cartoon - Then roll on Christmas and I get a Gameboy colour and pokemon yellow! Happiest kid alive. Evar!

CJMacM

Mar 21, 2010
I don't remember not knowing about Pokemon. Some of my older brothers played Pokemon, and I guess I just watched them play.