Your Quirks

Rabbitboy

Apr 11, 2014
While sitting down I often shake one of my legs a bit. It seems to happen a lot when I am nervous or bored but it's not a requirement for me to feel that way in order for my body to start doing that. Sometimes it happens subconsciously and I notice it after it started other times I am completely aware of it.

I have noticed someone else I know doing the same but I was doing it before it was cool.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I tend to fidget a lot, and I have a tendency to take the long way to somewhere when I am walking, even if it is raining or snowing, I just don't seem to be able to sit still. Even as I am typing this I am tapping and jiggling my foot, it tends to drive people nuts. I also have a tendency to talk to myself a lot, but it helps me rationalize things and gives me a step by step guide of what I need to do, or where to go. I have the distinct feeling I am a rather irritating person to live with.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I bounce me knee when I am sitting... CONSTANTLY! I can't tell you how many times I have been at dinner when someone asked, "Is the table shaking?" and I'm just like >.>

I also tend to look at people when we are watching something together, even if it is something I haven't seen before. I think I mainly do it to gauge reactions (usually if it's something funny), and I often times need to actively prevent myself from doing it. It's a really weird, annoying urge :/

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I get really restless while standing around, waiting. Whether or not I have my MP3 player on, I start to dance a bit while I wait. If my MP3 player is on, I dance to the particular song I'm listening to. If not, I dance to whatever is in my head. It's not like an extravagant dance, or anything; mostly just swaying and shifting to the rhythm and/or beat.

I love to whistle, too. I whistle to myself almost any time I'm on my own or just have no one to talk to and no other way to keep myself occupied.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
I have an extremely over sized set of Nostalgia glasses that I wear almost constantly. It drives most people nuts, unless its trivia night.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I'm an atheist, but some of my favorite stories are ones about religious characters. And in video games/table top, I love playing Paladins and Clerics. In fact, my favorite character in literature is probably Michael Carpenter from the Dresden Files, even though I disagree with every aspect of his character's belief system. At least in that world there is demonstrable evidence of the diety himself.

But yeah, enjoying stories of faith and divinity, while simultaneously considering to all be crap.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I bite my lip when I'm thinking.

I also have a tendency to bounce up and down when I'm excited. Not like jumping (although, sometimes), just sort of bobbing up and down on the balls of my feet.
And often when I can't think of the word I want will just say `Thingy` or `Doodah` or `Whatjimicallit`. It annoys some people, but I can't help it. :p

Other than that, is being really clumsy a quirk? I'm not sure.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
I have no quirks, I'm perfect and amazing. That weird ass tapping thing I do with my left hand on my right hand? All in your head. Also the excessive use of emoticons... And the ability to inhale food off my plate like I'm Kirby... and my obsession with buffalo wings.... >.>

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Dark Knifer said:
I use sarcasm a lot in speech but my voice is so monotone that a lot of people who aren't familiar with me don't recognize it
You always sound like you're deep in thought when you talk... Does that count as one?

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Dark Knifer said:
I use sarcasm a lot in speech but my voice is so monotone that a lot of people who aren't familiar with me don't recognize it
You always sound like you're deep in thought when you talk... Does that count as one?
I suppose. Ill take that as a compliment, I wasn't really aware of that one.

Maybe I need to smoke a pipe and grow a beard.

giles

Feb 1, 2009
I quickly get sleepy when I get bored. So when I'm standing around waiting or when I'm riding the train or something, my straight posture falters, my head becomes tilted and I slightly close my eyes. When I happen to be crossing my arms in that state, I look like some kind of violent murderer apparently.
Just two days ago I came to pick up my mother from her workplace to visit a family member and was waiting for her to get changed. Her coworkers pass me by, give me a strange stare and go to the changing room. She had to explain to her coworkers that this "scary looking man" outside is her son. Sorry, ladies, apparently I was born with this murderer face and sometimes it just shows.

Maybe it helps that I usually just go the extra step and just close my eyes. It's weird to have someone standing around with their eyes closed, but at least nobody will call the police on me I think.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
I miss these kinds of threads...

Anywho...

I wear band tees, like every day. I don't think I've gone a day without wearing one except when I don't wear a shirt at all.

I cuss like a motherfucking sailor.

I can't stand going bare foot. Don't know why. I just don't like it.

I have a very sarcastic sense of humor. So much so that I can come across as a bit dickish.

I will often tap the beat of a song that is stuck in my head. (Which is currently One in the Chamber by Famous Last Words)

I inhale food like Kirby.

Mullac

Oct 6, 2012
I talk to myself a lot. It ranges from mumbling to myself while doing a tedious task to having a full blown argument with myself. It's not that I'm crazy or anything, I just imagine situations I'm likely to find myself in and prepare answers/questions/responses - or sometimes replay conversations.

I may speak it aloud or just say it in my head, it varies.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
I speak unfeasibly fast. There are few people I have met who have 100% understand what the hell I'm saying half the time unless I'm reading something out loud. I do have proper pronunciation, it's just that I end up racing to the end of each sentence.

I also have a habit of elongating my points whenever I'm talking to someone. If it's something I'm interested in, I can keep going at a constant rate for, well, until someone stops me.

I never sit still unless I make a concious effort to stay in one spot, I will always change my posture at some point. I can't keep my hands still either, if I'm not doing anything I'll start to rub my hands together or make constant gestures while talking.

I say ridiculous things usually jokingly or sarcastically but with such a straight face many people will think I am dead serious or reacting to a joke of theirs with genuine offence.

In a conversation I will end up looking everywhere or at one random spot out of a lack of clue on where if anywhere I should be looking. (Eye contact or not? Am I staring? Dear god do I look like I'm leering?!)

I overthink EVERYTHING. Even this very post.

.....You know, I must appear to be as neurotic as I really am to people.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Fappy said:
I bounce me knee when I am sitting... CONSTANTLY! I can't tell you how many times I have been at dinner when someone asked, "Is the table shaking?" and I'm just like >.>
Oh my God I do that too! Like, I've given my Mum motion sickness before when sitting on the same couch as her...

>.>

<.<

That sounded so bad, didn't it?

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Dark Knifer said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Dark Knifer said:

For whatever reason I got the image of an Australian Sherlock Holmes from that... the juxtaposition of the look and calling Watson a **** is hilarious.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I tend to change the accent/way I talk almost constantly. One minute I might be talking in a semi-British accent and the next it'll be a Southern accent. I swear I would probably make a great voice actor if I ever bought the equipment I'd need and had a decent place to record from.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
I shiver occasionally, regardless of temperature or emotional state. I also have a couple weird muscle tics, like my right eye lid occasionally flutters and a really weird one where I jerk my right shoulder up and tilt my head to the right so the two almost touch. Again, that tic does not happen often but tends to happen more when agitated.

I'm also a huge perfectionist to the point I will correctly repeat phrases that I screw up when speaking as far back as around a minute, when I find a typo in a sentence I just typed I have to delete all the way back to the messed up word instead of clicking the typo with my cursor, I mentally rehearse conversations, and I sometimes whisper what I say immediately after I finish saying it. I believe that last one is called palilalia. I don't do it as often as I used to since I'm more aware of it, but it still happens now and then.

When talking on the phone I have to walk around. I also daydream a lot, which is occasionally a problem. Luckily it has not resulted in any accidents or injuries yet. I always wear at least two layers of clothing on my torso, usually a t-shirt and a button down shirt or a t-shirt and a hoodie.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Dark Knifer said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Dark Knifer said:

For whatever reason I got the idea of an Australian Sherlock Holmes from that... the juxtaposition of the look and calling Watson a **** is hilarious.
I would do that to. There's not many things an Australian accent can't make hilarious.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Dark Knifer said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Dark Knifer said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Dark Knifer said:

For whatever reason I got the idea of an Australian Sherlock Holmes from that... the juxtaposition of the look and calling Watson a **** is hilarious.
I would do that to. There's not many things an Australian accent can't make hilarious.
Like cardigans

A Scottish accent has that attribute as well. It can be as seemingly serious or goofy as it needs to be... I'm jealous of that superpower.