Your rainy day game

Boxpopper

Feb 5, 2009
I recently have taken note that Morrowind, unlike any other game I have played, seems like it would be the perfect game to curl up to on a rainy day, with a cup of tea. Do any of my fellow escapists have similar feelings for a game?

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
god, i love doing that. I'd have to say fallout 3 for me for some reason (not the most relaxing game ever) or KoTOR, just because it's a classic.

Boxpopper

Feb 5, 2009
Mimsofthedawg said:
Boxpopper said:
I recently have taken note that Morrowind, unlike any other game I have played, seems like it would be the perfect game to curl up to on a rainy day, with a cup of tea. Do any of my fellow escapists have similar feelings for a game?
hahahha, I was gonna say Oblivion!

Why waste time in a rainy reality? why not go to one where you can be in the sun, and if it's raining in game, just go do something kick ass?
Well I suppose Morrowind DOES already have enough rain to go around, but, even though I was a big Oblivion junkie myself, I prefer Morrowind because it is much more sophisticated. The way they fleshed out the culture and people in the world, and how so much of the game is not revealed, is left for you to discover yourself. That is what makes me want to sit down with it for hours at a time, just learning more about the game I thought I knew.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
X3: Reunion, nothing like spending hours on end flying across the vastness of space and seeing some of incredible views I've ever seen in a game. I've spent days with the game ordering my other ships to trade goods to make me money while I just explore the vast universe the developers have created.

For awesome screenshots: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=87897

Snuggle

Apr 28, 2009
Empire: Total War, I wasn't too fond of it when I bought it, but now it has completly sucked me in, thankfully the weather is crappy at the moment.

Boxpopper

Feb 5, 2009
tkaStryc9 said:
X3: Reunion, nothing like spending hours on end flying across the vastness of space and seeing some of incredible views I've ever seen in a game. I've spent days with the game ordering my other ships to trade goods to make me money while I just explore the vast universe the developers have created.

For awesome screenshots: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=87897
The pics give me serious EVE vibes. But I'm sure this game is more entertaining than EVE.

Straitjacketeering

Jan 3, 2009
Nyuh, I liked myself som PGR4 the roar of a Lambo, the pumping techno music, "Ooomph oomph oomph, i'm not asking you to give I want you to take... oomph oomph..." curl up with that or the sims 3.

Woem

May 28, 2009
What I love to do is take an old RPG like Baldur's Gate, Fallout or Planescape and roll up a new character. When I'm completely satisfied with the character I just start rolling a new one. I do the same with pen & paper RPGs such as DND or Shadowrun. I have a whole pile of character sheets, along with background stories, collecting dust.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
I sit down and play Golden Sun: The Lost Age, because I love the characters and story.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Definitely Oblivion. Used to be Dawn of War. Occasionally Team Fortress 2.
Now I wish it would start raining.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Boxpopper said:
The pics give me serious EVE vibes. But I'm sure this game is more entertaining than EVE.
I've never played due to a powerful hatred of MMOs in general so I couldn't say. The X games do allow you a lot more freedom than any other space sim I've ever played, you aren't required to take a job to make some credits, you can just buy something somewhere and sell it somewhere else for more. The only other game I've seen that allows that is Freelancer and well, it's showing it's age, and the universe wasn't as big or unique as in the X games.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Gothic 1,2 or 3 I love playing when it rains. I don't play those much anymore but one of my favorite series of all time.

I also like to play Oblivion or Morrowind.

Leonight7

Jul 20, 2009
I play my usual games WoW, Oblivion, Team Fortress 2 and occasionally Battlestations: Midway.
But I live in Ireland so it is much better to ask what is my sunny day game.

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
Well, it has not been raining but it has been hotter than hell. It was 106 the other day. I can;t go out in heat like that. It makes me sick. So I have been staying in playing Neverwinter Nights 2. I am working my way through Mask of The Betrayer with my first character that is a 21st Level Fighter. This game is super packed with good stuff. I love it!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Recently been rainy daying Baldur's Gate 1+2, going to import my Chaotic Good Assassin into Neverwinter Nights on the next rainy day and give that a whirl.