Your sense of purpose?

bigwon

Jan 29, 2011
Warning: The topic in it's nature is very vague.

So you are one of many parasites that consumes, poops, reproduces and dies. You come from a long lineage that is currently consuming the earth to the point were it will no longer sustain life and your species eventually perishes.

blablabla, variables upon variables, the universe is chaos, to be or not to be?, etc...

what is the thing that motivates you to be?

Your raised with experiences, values, a personality/ego. What do you make of it?

GO! Insight is appreciated!

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
What motivates me? Fun and good times, we've only got a short time on this planet so we might as well make the most of it :-D

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I've still got some manga books and novels to read, and I haven't caught up on Doctor Who yet.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
On a daily basis? Hunger, mostly.

Overall? A desire for status I suppose.

TWRule

Dec 3, 2010
My 'sense of purpose' is provided basically by the hope that it is possible for me to somehow create meaning for all this, and that I will someday do so in a satisfactory way (and I am extremely difficult to satisfy, so that is a tall order).

Another way of putting it might be that I want to find/make a home in this world - a place (probably in the metaphorical sense) I can feel I genuinely belong - in a way that cuts through time and death...creating a sense that I wasn't thrown into this world just to be unceremoniously thrown out of it again, always being alien to it. In other words, I want to overcome the sense of loneliness/desolation that pervades the world as I see it.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
I always feel like I'm waiting for something incredibly interesting, or at least different, to happen and I need to sustain myself in order to see it. So basically hopeful curiosity.

I find this is actually not a very good purpose, as it makes me content to sit around not doing much since something interesting is waiting somewhere down the track anyway. It also gives results in occasional bouts of depression whenever I realise that it is very possible that nothing interesting will ever happen to me and I'll have wasted my life not seeking out things for myself.

Wraith

Oct 11, 2011
Nothing really motivates me. I want to live and have fun like everyone else, but I rarely want to leave the house to do such things. I don't necessarily want to work a job, I don't actively go out of my way to help people, nor do I attempt to make life difficult for others. I am just here, wanting to be left to my own devices. There are a few things I want to do for myself and to sustain my lifespan, but other that I am completed unmotivated to move away from the status quo of my life.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
To read all of the manga and novels I want. To play all the video games and VN. To watch all the movies, tv series, and anime I want to watch. To enjoy times with my friends and family.

It's kinda funny, during the fall anime season, the only thing that keeping me going was weekly episodes of Highschool DxD new!.

UniversalRonin

Nov 14, 2012
If my day at work has made at least one other persons day at work easier, I'm a happy guy. If I've had the chance to learn something new, or have an interesting chat with someone, I'm a happy guy. If I've had the chance to help someone out, again, I'm a happy guy.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
my sense of purpose is rather clouded, I do however know I do enjoy playing games and spending time with loved ones, helping the elderly and helping people in general.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Helping the lineage get to the point where we can sustainably live on the earth, and spread across the universe, whilst everyone has a relatively good standard of life. And also learning a lot more about the universe and having fun along the way.

It's pretty amazing how much materialism & capitalism are against this.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
To me that is to lived long and be happy. Also I desire to finally lived on my own and to be in a loving relationship.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
To help other people in whatever way I possibly can while simultaneously fulfilling my own sense of wonder and amazement at life and the core mechanics of our biology (I honestly cant decide what i want to do with my medical degree when im finished since i want to do EVERYTHING). I want to be loved and love in return in a way that's wild and raw and unrestrained. I want to make everyone that ever comes into contact with me smile or laugh or be happy. I want society to be a place of mutual enjoyment for everyone. I want to live a life built on kindness and generosity. You (should) never regret doing a good deed or offering kindness. So just try to do that and you'll life a good life. Its that straight forward. I want to spend this one life being the best person I can possibly be making the most impact I can possibly make for the better. Im not making out im entirely selfless though. I want to experience a load of stuff just for me as well.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Its quite simple, really.
For you see.
I want to be, the very best.
That no one ever was...

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
There is no purpose in life but what you make for yourself. Many people cannot think of one to live by, so they choose instead to accept one suggested by someone else, or accept comfort in some group or ideology. There are no short-cuts to wisdom and insight, however, and there are many lessons you must teach yourself. Ideally you can make a positive contribution in your lifetime, leave the world a better place for your presence and let your actions serve as an example for humanity. Let the smiles and gratitude of others be the energy that drives you to greater acts.

Difficult to live up to, but like many difficult things it is also rewarding.

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
i sadly feel that i dont have a purpose. being a burden to society with my learning disabilities and fatness. i love science and biology but my brain refuses to learn any of it besides simpleton examples of science. its frustrating. i also love the outdoors and gardening but my feeble overweight body wont allow me to enjoy the heat and get some exercise. excuses i know but i've tried many times studying, and losing weight but i just cant seem to grasp both. depressing and annoying i know.

if i wasnt so retarded and fat i would be an environmentalist, i would have a purpose. trying to help and fix the damage that we have done to nature. the planet is fine, we are mere fleas to Earth. but the forests and animals are suffering incredibly because of human selfishness.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I think we're all motivated by our search for happiness, however you define that happiness and however you look for it. Goals can be as short-term as the moment you're living right now or as long-term as the remainder of your life. I can be motivated by "things" like a good book or a good meal, a fun experience, professional ambition... whatever gets me up in the morning and safe to bed at night.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
To present myself as a worthy individual.

Or atleast to not come across as a complete waste of space and money.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
The pursuit of happiness.

I could just give up, but the fact is that I exist so I might as well try to enjoy it.