Your signature melee weapon

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
There have been many colourful hand-to-hand weaponary so far, wrenches, bare fists, crowbars, daggers and so on. I thought the other day, what would I pick as my basic melee weapon if I was video game protagonist? I like the idea of a whip, with it's cool cracking sounds and flashy tricks, whereas something simpler like a large spanner would be more satisfying to whack an enemy with. With so many possibilities it's hard to decide what I would choose.

So I ask you, readers, what would you pick as your signature melee weapon?

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
I would choose either a lightsaber or two hidden blades, because both are somewhat easy to hide and easy to carry.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Katana and wakizashi set.
I have them at my home, and cut myself pretty badly with the katana when I was a kid, so it's left it's signature on me.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
My cane sword that is spray painted with hot rod flames.
It is really fucking badass.

Bobipine

Jan 22, 2010
I'd probably side with a type of sword, not sure why, but feels "honorbound"?
or possibly some kind of pole/staff (see kilik in Soul Calibur) just so I could just knock out stuff and not so much kill per say. If it makes any sense.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
A falchion. Because swords are cool. Maybe a glaive of some kind, but I have some practice with a sword, so I'll go with that.

Though I'd be happier with a bow. My bow, ideally.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
gostlyfantom said:
A pocket knife.
Imagination -1

If I am in a good mood then it will be steel flowers.

I am meh then I will just use a halberd. So many advantages

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Sword Stick. Doubles up as a sword and a cane. Impractical, yes. Awesome? Hell yes.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
A pair of vambraces with scythe blades attatched to each would be pretty badass, if hard to convey the concept of to the blacksmith crafting them.