Your signature melee weapon

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
a naginata that is so high-tech it can fold itself to the length of a comfortable walking stick for better transport, plus it does not get as much attention AND makes for a cool unfolding animation at the beginning of combat.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
From what I have by my bed, I'd go with a KA-BAR, or a Gerber machete. But really, in a close space a machete is kind of pointless, it can't stab, and if you try to swing it more than likely you'll just hit the wall. The same with a katana, claymore, cutlass, what have you. So I'd take the KA-BAR. The knife is good enough for the USMC, it gets the job done.

navyjeff

Legacy
Dec 2, 2010
Country
United States
A shillelagh. Nobody knows how to spell it, and you can take one practically anywhere if it looks like a souvenir item.

Eovik

Jul 10, 2010
A carbon-fibre handled sledgehammer/Fireman axe. light enough, strong, ease of use, and blunt or slashing attacks

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
I claymore as long as I am tall. Even though it's heavy, it can act as a shield if need be, and it can scare the everliving shit out of people (again, if need be).

Evil mr dave

Apr 28, 2009
As far as melee weapons go I'd want one of the rediculously long bayonets that everyone had in the first wold war.

http://www.warmuseum.ca/cwm/exhibitions/guerre/photos/2800/19750282-002.jpg

or

http://www.modelshipbuilding.com/swords/atlm1.jpg

or failing that i could get off my ass and invent the chainsword.

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
evilengine said:
There have been many colourful hand-to-hand weaponary so far, wrenches, bare fists, crowbars, daggers and so on. I thought the other day, what would I pick as my basic melee weapon if I was video game protagonist? I like the idea of a whip, with it's cool cracking sounds and flashy tricks, whereas something simpler like a large spanner would be more satisfying to whack an enemy with. With so many possibilities it's hard to decide what I would choose.

So I ask you, readers, what would you pick as your signature melee weapon?
Shaolin Spade.

Zombie Apocalypse, just come at me bro.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
A sword and short sword combination. I've used them before and dual weilding identical weapons didn't work out for me too well, a short sword on the other hand while using medium length blade, it really works, for me anyway.

Valiard

Feb 26, 2009
Cold Iron Knuckles... cause fancy swordplay does not always best a solid punch to the face

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
In a game: A war scythe. Just because. Kinda farmy while still incredibly unpleasant looking.
In real life: A wooden cane.

meditator101

Dec 10, 2009
Everywhere I go, I carry a cane.

Not a walking cane, oh no... an old fashioned fancy cane!

That my friends, gives the best fwaps ever!