Your skill level compared to your friends

llew

Sep 9, 2009
well we all have our specialities and we are all masters in our field, so who is better is pretty subjective, but my field tends to be the distraction who causes the most gunfire (A.K.A i piss the enemy off to buy everyone else time to sneak around and destroy them) and im also the "last stand guy",i seem to be better when the odds are more against me

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
My friends just goof around with shooters like call of duty (headshot only third person duel wield magnums etc), I'm really good at games like assassins creed. I tend to be really bad at racing, and sports games though.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Thankfully, all of my friends and I are around the same levels skill wise, which makes competitive and co-op multiplayer really fun with them.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Decent at most shooters. Can beat them at simple stuff like COD and keep up at ArmA 2.

However one of my friends is an RTS genius of micromanaging so I can never beat him.

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
I'm in general better than my buddies, but I don't play Sports games, so I guess I suck at them. Then again, neither do my friends. :/

In FPS games, I'm usually top of the boards unless I'm messing around/having a bad game/connection. I'm the go to guy in the group for anything that doesn't involve flying (which I'm terrible at) or sniping (I find it boring, unless I'm messing around).

I'm okay at fighting games, but I usually lose to randoms online. I prefer local play for fighting games, no lag. :p

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I'm the jack of all trades in my social group, though I am the undisputed king of fighting games. I'd place my skill level between average and good generally.

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
I body most of my friends in fighters for free, and do well against the in FPS, but I falter a bit in StarCraft, and I am much, much weaker than them in racing games.

Though, I have a two or three friends who are much stronger than me in fighting games, so they serve as my motivation to improve. I think I'm good, but damn, I can never maintain a consistent streak against them. I'll win one or two games out of ten.

VanguardsArk

Oct 9, 2008
When it comes to fighting/music/puzzle games she will always dominate against me but at everything else its more or less equal or in my favor.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
StriderShinryu said:
I'm a lot like KrazyKidd. I can play pretty much every genre fairly well, and as good as or better than most of my friends, but I dominate them in fighting games. It's just not really fair when we play and just ends up not being fun for either me or them.
This. Especially when it comes to most fighters or shooters. Strategy games are a little more even through.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
I'm the worst.

I can sometimes beat people who have never played the game before, but against average people I don't stand a chance.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
In my group of friends i'm the best fps aim down sight player (I'm no good at Halo). i'm bad at strategy games, I'm ok at puzzle games like portal and Flow (smart phone app) but i'm no expert. I'm good at RPG games but who isn't really?

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
Amongst my (pathetically small) group of friends, I know more about string theory, chaos theory, astonomy, evolution and genetics. Thats because I'm a massive loser with too much time on my hands.

In terms of gaming, well, I'm the RPG guy, so not really something that you can compare. Though, again, I've spent more time playing racing games, so I guess I'm the best at that (though 'best' is a relative term). I kinda suck at shooters, since I'm more of a roguey type, so I'll be sitting half a mile away picking off people with headshots, while others just charge in Leroy Jenkins style.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
I am probably the least skilled among my friends, they never mention it(my friends are the best), but I'm the one constantly needing revival in Borderlands 2 or pills in Left 4 Dead. I deal damage with the best of them, but I take just as much. This is probably why I choose stealth or survival builds in RPGs. I'm the least skilled, but I think I love the games more than any of them.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I was usually the one that could beat all my friends, even if it was 3 on 1 in games like Mario Kart 64 and Star Fox 64 or Tetris Attack.

But one friend was always as good or better than me. It was great playing chess against him, but Risk was just evil as he routinely rolled triple 6's when attacking. Like a statistically improbable number of times over the course of a few years of pretty regular games.

Another friend and I liked playing Tenchu : Wrath of Heaven together. We here pretty evenly matched, but he always got the sticky bomb due to his starting position while I got scary accurate with exploding arrows.

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
I am pretty good. However we all have our strengths and weaknesses. For instance, my friend is better than me in CoD, but I am better in Halo. Another friend is better with games like civilization and victoria, but I am better in RTS. So, I guess put us together and we would probably be a true jack-of-all-trades, but I alone can't take that title. The genre doesn't matter much though, it's mainly just how the gameplay is.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
As far as FPS's go, most of my friends have me beat. Any other genre is pretty even ground, with me coming out a bit ahead in RPG's and fighting games (assuming that my friends and I have had roughly the same amount of experience with that particular fighting game). We all suck equally at RTS's :p

Iyon

Recovering Lurker
May 16, 2012
Well, I only have one friend and he's better than me at pretty much every game. I might be better than him at Halo multiplayer but I've been dealt many an ass kicking from him in just about every other game. Especially old school shooters.

Oh! I'm also better at Rock Band..... that counts, right? No? Okay...

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
In halo, I am top dog, in cod not so much. In ssb, well that is debatable(not the original, it sucks and I can't do shit with it). Racing games no, trivia no, rythem games HELL NO.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I'm the best at RTS because none of my friends play them, I'm one of the worst at FPS even though we play them about the same amounts, and I am slightly better at Dota 2 than the rest of them, and even then, I'm terrible at playing a support role, unlike one of them.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
At FPS's like Halo and Call Of Duty, I'm okay, I'll always be in the middle, never first or last.
I usually rank first or second in Super Smash Bros playing as Samus, I can't really play with anybody else.
But I can absolutely beat anybody as Scorpion in Mortal Kombat.