Your Steam Graveyard

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
I have a copy of Darksiders sitting there.... It was given to me by a friend if I drove him around town for a fortnight (or so) while his car was being fixed....

I spent about a week downloading the thing (low DL limits FTL)

And when I FINALLY came around to booting it up...
Black screen...
can hear the menu music, but, no image....

So annoying, apparently it's hacky/slashy fun.... -.-

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
I repurchased Rome Total War on Steam so I could participate in an online tournament with my Steam clan... only for the game to act really weird. I don't know how well the game actually works, as I quit as soon as it finished loading after ten minutes. Quit, tried again, same long load. Not worth fussing over, so I just leave it alone.

Blood Bowl Legendary Edition also counts, as while it works for a time, it always crashes after an hour or so. I can't even watch a bloody CPU vs CPU match all the way through!

EDIT: Forgot about "From Dust"... game is laggy to the point of unplayable, to say nothing about the excessively sensitive mouse regardless of setting adjustments.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Blazing angels 1 due to the fact that it will only work under windows xp and the workaround doesnt work for me.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
SacremPyrobolum said:
Do you have games you bought on Steam that never worked or do not work anymore for unexplained reason?

I have the Sims 3 with the infamous initialization error at start-up despite being able to play it on the same computer a month ago.

Rage which Steam just refuses the

Oblivion, which is partially my fault due to the many mods I threw on it, yet even after deleting the oblivion directory and re installing fresh it doesn't want to work.
Go into your Steam games folder, find oblivion, open it and delete EVERYTHING inside of it and this will fix your problem, just make sure you verify its files. This will re-install it freshly.

Solo-Wing said:
Oh jeez. Since I got a weak computer there is a LOT. Majority WORK but the Framerate is always so fucking LOW. I am talking like 10... Maybe 20 if I am lucky.

Alpha Protocol
Call of Duty 4
Grid
Killing Floor
Nearly all the source games. Mainly TF2 in this regard.
Need for Speed Undercover
Sonic Generations
Sanctum
Mainly all of those take up a lot of memory and require tons of hardware power. I reccomend using this site here, it will check your video card files automatically and tells you if you can run X game or not.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

I use it, and have not gotten a virus.

None, really, none. I usually don't buy games that I know have problems or that I can't run on my current specs.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Well every damn game on there until just recently since I just got a new laptop. But even when all my games worked just fine, and still for that matter, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl never once worked for me. Every time I tried I got an error message in Russian.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
bahumat42 said:
Draitheryn said:
No one likely cares, but I'm surprised there's issues like this around without a fix. I have over 200 games purchased via steam and I have no problems with any of them that haven't been fixed within a day.
i might piss some people off with this but it likely just requires a little spot bug fixing, i have had to do it with games before, its just one of the things to deal with as a pc gamer. To this day =i have not got a game that won't run. (although plenty i wont play because they suck)
Same here.
But then I wouldn't get any windows 7 compatibility issues, because I've only installed newer releases on my windows 7 rig. Most really old games are on my 2nd rig, which has XP.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Nothing, that I know of. And that's about 130 games. Oh, there's been issues, Fallout 3, Payday, Batman, King Arthur, Borderlands and that's only the recent ones. But some basic troubleshooting or a search on the Steam forums is all I've ever needed to fix them.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
II Scarecrow II said:
Not trying to be elitist, but this is where I think console games have a bit of an advantage over PC.
It's not elitist, it's fact. One of the advantages of a console over a PC is conveinence, that you pop the game in and it'll work as intended unless there's hardware damage in the console/disc.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
Yosharian said:
Not a steam game, but I have never managed to get Battlefield 3 working. I've literally given up.
I've started experiencing the same lag issues in BF3 that I did in Bad Company 2. I'm pretty sure EA likes to fuck with the servers somehow. Kills the enjoyment from the game.

And it's not my connection, any other game works fine.

Frostbyte

Jan 1, 2012
Civ 5, and Garry's mod. I can do basic things on Gmod, but my laptop doesn't have a numpad, so I can't do cool things, like explosives

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
Amnesia: The Dark Descent keeps on Black Screening whenever I read the third memo about Daniel being trapped and going into a light. It really sucks.

The

Jan 24, 2012
I was playing Sam and Max: Season 2 and managed to get through the first episode, despite it constantly freezing up. When I got to the second one, it kept freezing at a certain point in the beginning and I never went back to it ever since. Haven't tried the other episodes yet, maybe they're not as glitchy.

Futurenerd

The Man With the Golden Bun
Oct 28, 2009
Flatout keeps saying "Application Error: Cannot find Steam"
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS T_T

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Strangers Wrath, which is a damn shame because I love that game.

Red Faction Armageddon and Blacklight Tango Down also never worked after I bought them.

Sep 14, 2009
lacktheknack said:
TheBritishAreComing said:
The first Deus Ex. Screwed up with some modding. Now it doesn't work at all, even if I redownload it.
Delete the game, then go to the game file (steam/steamapps/common/game name) and delete ALL the files inside. Then go to the game's .ini file (My Documents/My Games/other file) and wipe that out too. Then try reinstalling again.

EDIT: Oh, the first Deus Ex? You can probably ignore the .ini file bit, then.
truth. unfortunately just un installing doesn't do the trick that you think it does. plus i usually flush all my temp files and recycle bin just to be sure sometimes.

OT: thankfully i'm tech savvy enough so far that i haven't had this problem, with a little elbow grease and troubleshooting i've gotten everything to work, one way or another...however, my longest accomplishment was fallout 3, which took literally from 8 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. that night to get running. i was flippin pissed off into stubborn damnation.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Hitman: Codename 47 doesn't agree with multi-core processors. Playing at 400% game speed is not fun. I had to stop after the first 5 minutes.