Your thinnest margin of victory ever.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
In Company Of Heroes, the level where you storm Carentan, I won barely. I just took the Town Centre with virtually no troops and the Germans had heavy armour and lots of infantry.

Very thin.

PiggyGamer

Jul 22, 2009
The first thing that comes to mind happened a few weeks ago. Pretty sure I haven't told this story on here, yet... but I might have...

Anyway, I was trying for several hours to get the Tank Burger (kill the big hulk-zombie with only melee weapons) achievement in L4D2 on the 360, but after fruitless single-player attempts, I eventually recruited my sister to split-screen and help me.
After about an hour of running around on Easy (after killing the 2 survivor bots), we ran into a Tank on the 3rd map of Swamp Fever.
I could recount the whole ordeal almost play-by-play, but to be brief, it involved lots of screaming and running around, popping adrenaline to hurry past him and find melee weapons cuz we had none when he spawned, and it ended with me on the ground and my sister with literally 1 hp, and the tank was running towards her, and she got one last melee hit on him, and he went down. Ba-dink, achievement unlocked. It was a great bonding experience.

TriggerHappyJoe

Mar 21, 2009
Advance Wars:Dual strike I was next to their unguarded HQ all I had was an infantry on 1 hp luckily for me I was playing as Sami (for those who don't know her super CO power means she can capture any building in one turn regardless of how much health her units have)

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine and me went on a wPvP killing frenzy in WoW, because we were bored.
It was kinda a 'one last time' thing we did before he changed faction with that character.
I was on my warlock and he's a disc priest.

We were up against 5 alliance at one point, after slaughtering a dozen or so people.
1 of them were in PvE gear, he was kinda squishy, but the other guys were in decent PvP gear.
The fight was looong, as they had a druid healer, but we managed to kill them all.
My friend died, twice (soulstone), but I managed to survive with 2 HP when I killed the last guy.
My fel armour healed me before I had time to take a screenshot.

That was one of the most intense and fun fights I've had in a while.

LeeHarveyO

Jan 13, 2009
I was playing LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth. I was doing the good campaign and was on the Helms deep level. Everything was going just fine until i notice that they had placed a mine at my wall so I hurried to kill the berserker before he blew it up. Well I accidently told my archers with flaming arrows to attack the mine and blew up my wall. So basically i barricaded the little entrance to the main keep with a wall of peasants until I managed to take out the enemy camps with Eomer's army and Gandalf who arrived later on.

Also on Battalion Wars I have won many of the levels with only one unit left usually a tank or artillery unit.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
That I can think of off the top of my head? Probably the one time I took one that one mission during the Terran campaign in Starcraft, the one where you have to survive for 30 minutes while Mar Sara is being evacuated. During the last minute or so I ended up getting swamped by a massive Zerg rush and I was reduced to lifting off my command centre just to hang on for those last few seconds and even then it was still getting pounded by hydralisks. It was burning when that timer hit zero, another couple seconds and I'd have been toast. You don't get much closer then that. I swear that's one time I was thankful for arbitrary time limits.

Bihac

Nov 25, 2009
Way back in the Delta force (maybe 1 or 2 I can't recall) days, a friend and I were playing at a LAN event, in an elimination game type. He and I were the last surviving players, each of us left at one life, we spotted one another at precisely the same time and fired.

The reason this was a close call? I had a sniper rifle and he had fired a law. And as we all know, in gaming rockets travel much slower than bullets. The final screen cap (a close up of the victor) involved the rocket being around half a second away from making contact with my face.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Coratto said:
Back in the days that I still played World of Warcraft, before the Lich King came to. Eye of the Storm was a big thing and PVP is just one of those things I'm not good at. The game was close like none could have imagine. Throughout the game each side took one tower the other conquered another and so on. When the points were nearing an end. The final score, Alliance 1999. Horde 2000 it was a fucking slime game if I ever saw one.
Yes I played Horde... I'm currently debating getting back into it -_- retail or private
I used to win or loose AB by 10 pts several times, unfortunetly never when the achievment "We had it all along *cough*" came out.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Shjade said:
Catkid906 said:
We're both down to command centers, and I thank FUCK that Thors have 40mm cannons and Helions are weak attackers to buildings.
Wait wait wait, stop. He was attacking your command center with hellions while you're stomping him with thors and you're calling it a thin margin of victory?

You know that building can lift off, right? As in off the ground? Where hellions can't damage it? >.>
Vikings my man... He already destroyed my Barracks with them... and he just kept them in the air... waiting.

Calumon: They were like... PEW PEW! FWOOSH! BOOM!

Dr. UBAR

Dec 24, 2008
I had a veeery close loss in Star Wars Battlefront. I was seemingly immensely screwed and had 1 guy left; me. My friend (who I was versing) had 98 left. I got it down to 3 before I lost. It was still a win in my eyes.

For a real one in Red Faction I was doing a building takeover thingo. Anyway lots of people are dead and I'm about to die when the front wall of the building falls off. It falls onto me. I stood where the window was AND IT WAS SWEET.

everfreeDragon

Oct 28, 2009
Mine was on Heart Gold recently I had just beat the Kanto Gyms and decided to head straight to Red, only one level 100 my trusted Rayquaza and 6 others, we made it to the top of Mt Silver and challeneged the legend himself, he killed my Rayqaza TWICE! by the end it was only my Sky Dragon and my Scyther who were still standing.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Left 4 Dead 2.

Expert - Swamp Fever Finale.

There was only 2 survivors left by the time the rescue vehicle had rolled around. I was on 1hp the other was on 10hp. The gate blew upon. I was sure I wasn't going to live.

We threw everything at the horde, biles, molotovs and shooting away specials as we inched towards the boat.

Even with the Tank's best efforts at lobbing rocks at us we still somehow managed to get us BOTH on the boat without ever getting hit.

To summarise:

1 Tank lobbing rocks
1 of every Special Infected
And a whole fuckton of zombies

Against two people who both would take one hit to kill and we won.

Pretty slim victory there.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
In Rome: Total War I had single group of 18 gold-chevron murmillo gladiators hold a wall against two full units of spearmen. Not one of them died.

Now every time I have a battle I make sure my murmillos are at the front, spearheading the infantry charge/defence. I like me some murmillos!

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
dthvirus said:
wouldyoukindly99 said:
I had a similar expericence with the Elite Four, this was some years ago whenI was about right or so. It was me and Lance, I had Blastoise and he had a Dragonite. The only problem? I was out of PP for all of my moves, I managed to kill his half-health Dragonite with struggle, yeah that's right I won with struggle. :p
This kind of stuff never happens to me because I stab the ItemFinder wherever I go, so I've amassed a collection of Elixirs and Max Elixirs. This coupled with my paranoia of not using items that cannot be bought except in dire situations pretty much saves me should this ever happen.

But yeah, that's pretty awesome. How long did it take?
For-ev-er. Good thing Blastoise is a tank (and the AI on Red version is so stupid :p) or else I would have lost. Incidentally, that's the first time I ever beat the Elite Four and the only time I'd ever used struggle, before that I didn't even know the move existed.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
A couple of pokemon battles where my last pokemon was down to red and he almost got me but missed and my next attack was critical, I am a lucky bastard in the world of pokemans. I also have won many slayer matches in Halo by only one kill, damn those last seconds are intense!

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Catkid906 said:
Shjade said:
Catkid906 said:
We're both down to command centers, and I thank FUCK that Thors have 40mm cannons and Helions are weak attackers to buildings.
Wait wait wait, stop. He was attacking your command center with hellions while you're stomping him with thors and you're calling it a thin margin of victory?

You know that building can lift off, right? As in off the ground? Where hellions can't damage it? >.>
Vikings my man... He already destroyed my Barracks with them... and he just kept them in the air... waiting.

Calumon: They were like... PEW PEW! FWOOSH! BOOM!
Ah, I see. ...though in that case he really should have dropped the vikings to kill your CC faster, then. Or at least half of them and leave the other half in the air in case you then chose to lift off.

*pets the Calumon?*

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
On Halo 3 I won in a team slayer with the score being 50-50.

We drew but my team won, got called a hacker for it, and I still cant explain it.