Your thoughts on Emu's...

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
I use them all the time to play my PS2 games.(Since I'm to lazy to go upstairs all the time, and the living room TV is occupied by my sis) With a Up-to-date Gaming PC, the latest PCSX2 runs extremely well.

It's also nice to see the HD Support and scaling\AA that it can bring that the original PS2 can't. It makes the games look close to PS3 games! On the right settings.

I used to love the:
-Zsnes
-PJ64
-VisualBoyAdvance

Good times :)

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
DazZ. said:
Talking about playing roms is quite frowned upon here, but my favourite emulator certainly wouldn't be Znes.
Yosharian said:
I wouldn't continue this discussion here if I were you, you're likely to incur mod wrath.
It's called discussion for a reason, just because we're talking about emulators doesn't have to mean it's related to piracy.

Don't get me wrong, I know that's the first thing everyone is going to think. But as you can see, no one has mentioned anything of the sort.

So "Mod Wrath" should really calm down, since up to this post, there's nothing out of the ordinary here.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I really want a ps1 emulator so I can play a good Spyro while I am at university

If anyone has a ps1 emulator they want to tell me about feel free to

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
ahlycks said:
VincentX3 said:
With a Up-to-date Gaming PC, the latest PCSX2 runs extremely well.

It's also nice to see the HD Support and scaling\AA that it can bring that the original PS2 can't. It makes the games look close to PS3 games! On the right settings.
oof, you brought back some bad memories. it took me longer to get the settings working correctly than it did to beat phantom brave.
Yea it was hard for me at first too.
But once you get used to it, and know you're way around, it's really hassle-free and worth seeing you're games in all the true HD glory.

Especially with the new interface on the latest builds, barley no problem anymore.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
ahlycks said:
ShrooM_DoughKiD said:
DazZ. said:
Avelestar said:
Sinclose said:

why does everyone like znes?! it would not even run for me! so i use snes9x
If you read my post you'd see I said it certainly wasn't my favourite emulator.[hr]

VincentX3 said:
It's called discussion for a reason
What? What's the reason it's called discussion?
just because we're talking about emulators doesn't have to mean it's related to piracy.

Don't get me wrong, I know that's the first thing everyone is going to think. But as you can see, no one has mentioned anything of the sort.
Yes they have, here are 3 mentions already, one from the OP.
  • - "On Topic, played Pokemon Green and got some nostalgia with my VisualBoyAdvance"

-Replaying the games that were my childhood is always awesome (especially because the deal was I had to sell my SNES and all my games to help pay for an N64)

-I'm quite wrapped in Ocarina of Time, even though I'm about to hit the water temple.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Fusoiya said:
Hmmm I enjoy Zero Mission on my Visualboyadvance :<

But that's about it actually
For some reason Visualboy Advance just starts to run slowly after I use it for a while, does it do that to you?

OT: Zsnes. My poor SNES controllers died a few years ago :(

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
I love them, even though one tried to kill me once....
OOOOooh!!! Emulators?
Right, yes. Eh, I think they're alright. I prefer the actual console, so given the option, I will always usual the controller. Even though you can actually connect the controller to the computer.
On that note, I preferred OoT with a PS3 controller, but maybe that's just me.

Mr.Petey

Dec 23, 2009
I don't emulate past GBA really.
But I will say this; emulation in the arcade form is an excellent way of preserving older titles, as we've seen a massive decline in seaside arcades here in the UK.
Playing them is just a bonus really as I prefer to look upon it as an electronic archive of video games as opposed to just "woo free games I can download!"

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
DazZ. said:
ahlycks said:
ShrooM_DoughKiD said:
DazZ. said:
Avelestar said:
Sinclose said:

If you read my post you'd see I said it certainly wasn't my favourite emulator.[hr]

VincentX3 said:
just because we're talking about emulators doesn't have to mean it's related to piracy.

• - "On Topic, played Pokemon Green and got some nostalgia with my VisualBoyAdvance"

-Replaying the games that were my childhood is always awesome (especially because the deal was I had to sell my SNES and all my games to help pay for an N64)

-I'm quite wrapped in Ocarina of Time, even though I'm about to hit the water temple.
- You can't say it's Nostalgic if you never owned it, even if it was "X" years ago = Not piracy

- He states he's "Replaying" the games from his childhood, meaning he owns them = Not piracy

- The last didn't state either, meaning it can be but doesn't have to be piracy.

It really depends how you interpret things, a lot of people kind of "force" themselves to think that "Ooooh he's talking about this on an emu = Pirate" and it's not true as you can see.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
I really want a ps1 emulator so I can play a good Spyro while I am at university

If anyone has a ps1 emulator they want to tell me about feel free to
epsxe is pretty stable when you get decent bios. I used to use it to play Chrono Cross (legal copy before any mods start with me, and I owned a PS1 at the time, it was PAL though >.<) and it ran rather well.

To be honest though I've found the best PS1 emulator is the PSP. Custom firmware works rather well, and saves having to buy a 2nd copy on the PS store.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
VincentX3 said:
- You can't say it's Nostalgic if you never owned it, even if it was "X" years ago = Not piracy

- He states he's "Replaying" the games from his childhood, meaning he owns them = Not piracy

- The last didn't state either, meaning it can be but doesn't have to be piracy.
"-Replaying the games that were my childhood is always awesome", you emboldened that part and missed out the next sentence "(especially because the deal was I had to sell my SNES and all my games to help pay for an N64)". Yeah, he clearly owns the games he's downloading.

This goes for the first as well, just because you own it doesn't mean you still have it.

It's obvious OP is talking about piracy, even without mentioning it specifically, especially since he's asking for games he hasn't heard of.
It really depends how you interpret things, a lot of people kind of "force" themselves to think that "Ooooh he's talking about this on an emu = Pirate" and it's not true as you can see.
Just as you can turn a completely blind eye like you did.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
DazZ. said:
VincentX3 said:

"-Replaying the games that were my childhood is always awesome", you emboldened that part and missed out the next sentence "(especially because the deal was I had to sell my SNES and all my games to help pay for an N64)". Yeah, he clearly owns the games he's downloading.

This goes for the first as well, just because you own it doesn't mean you still have it.

It's obvious OP is talking about piracy, even without mentioning it specifically, especially since he's asking for games he hasn't heard of.
Just as you can turn a completely blind eye like you did.
Well I'm not going to argue anymore, since I think I already stated my mind if enough posts. I'm not perfect but at least I think I'm one of the few people that doesn't think all these related threads always have to mean piracy.

ShrooM_DoughKiD

Jan 14, 2010
DazZ. said:
ahlycks said:
ShrooM_DoughKiD said:
DazZ. said:
Avelestar said:
Sinclose said:

VincentX3 said:

Granted I said that. However, I'm not considering myself a pirate, If I cannot find a hard copy of a game and the console to play it on. How else is it to be played? or am I simply to miss out on a critical piece of culture?

If wanting to see how the games that I play now have evolved over the years, or even decades that they have been on the market, labels me a pirate so be it. There are only so many Original Commadore 64s Still in existence. If anyone would like to know I also have LoZ OOT on my Special Edition Pokemon Stadium N64, I got as a present when I was like 10 or something. Father Time makes fools of us and and it is no longer playable. Hence why I got it for PC.