Your thoughts on having online friends

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I think its just fine. I've had a solid group of online friends for awhile and though I lost touch with a few, I don't find it any harder than losing touch with real life friends. Two of my best online friends I've known longer than ALL my real life friends, close to 15 years. One of them came out for a visit and it was awesome.
I also my met girlfriend online. Yay for the internet!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I find it much easier to have online friends rather than friends I have to hang out with. With online friends all I have to do is get on Skype and ask one of them for an invite to a call. When I don't feel like talking to them and just want to be alone. I don't get on Skype. They have been urging me to get a cellphone. I don't understand why.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I've got some pretty good online friends that I met through Youtube. We all liked making game playthroughs on the same game (RE4) and we just sort of met that way.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I don't have any friends that I made on the internet. But the internets a really good place to kinda keep in touch, especially if you meet people only once in a while. Like I met a couple guys on my mini tour of Connecticut last week and I'll keep in touch online until I see em again.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
At this point my closer friends are online-friends mainly because I moved out of the state where they live. I've made other friends online of course and think there's nothing wrong with it. Hell, the woman I love and am living with right now was one who I met online!

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
I think a lot of people overthink it.

Friendship is almost entirely about communication. And this is completely possible without physical presence in the world we live.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
is fine, lost touch with my RL friends LONG before i made online ones, and my online friends are better, hell >.> easier to stay in contact with to

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
I have a policy of never "Friending" someone on Facebook if I haven't met them IRL at least once. Seeing as I don't have a group of purely online friends, I don't know what to think about it. That's an interesting conundrum you've presented...

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
Much easier to stalk worldwide.

But seriously it actually is nice to be friends with people on the other side of the country/world.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Kitsuna10060 said:
hell >.> easier to stay in contact with to
Only because we keep you chained in the basement, and drag you out when we want to play. ;)

Yeah, I like my online friends a lot more than the people I meet offline.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
hell >.> easier to stay in contact with to
Only because we keep you chained in the basement, and drag you out when we want to play. ;)

Yeah, I like my online friends a lot more than the people I meet offline.
who's 'we', Hally doesn't touch my leash

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I think it's fine and totally cool if you have them, a friend of mine has a lot of friends from WoW that he still talks to.

I don't have any online friends, so I can't really speak from personal experience.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I have a few online friends, and I think its really awesome. We're sure to differentiate that it's online friends, though, because there is a difference.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I've got a few friends on this site I've communicated with through Skype (though I haven't done it in a while...) Wouldn't mind actuakly meeting them, though.