Your Top 5 Favorite Games (with a slight twist)

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Ok. Never having owned a console I'm just going to go with a different platform thing...

ZX Spectrum: Zork

Commodore 64: Sid Meier's Pirates!

MS-DOS 386 : UFO: Enemy Unknown

Windows 95/98/2000 System Shock 2

Windows XP/7/8 Battlefield 2142

Just off the top of my head and fairly arbitrary as I can still play them all on my current system even the ZX and C64 games.

I did play a lot of Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday on my brother's Sega MegaDrive back in the day. You can substitute any of my 5 Personal Computer games for that if it makes you feel better.

Feb 4, 2014
Here's my top 5 in no particular order:

PS1: Final Fantasy VIII (yeah you read that right >:3)

PS2: Kingdom Hearts II (If it wasn't for the console restriction i would have put Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2)in there)

PSVita: Persona 4 Golden

PSP: Persona 3 Portable (well actually I got it for my Vita through the PSNstore but it is still a PSP title)

Gameboy Color: Pokemon Blue (Damn you internal battery T_T)

Cerebrawl

Feb 19, 2014
Well then this is a toughie, especially the PC choice.

In no particular order, but based on how good they were as I played them(most have aged significantly).

PC: Fallout 2
Amiga: Frontier: Elite 2
SNES: Final Fantasy VI
PSX: Suikoden I
XBOX 360: Castle Crashers

TT Kairen

Nov 10, 2011
PC: Mass Effect (trilogy)
PS2: Final Fantasy X
Xbox 360: Assassin's Creed 1
PSVita: Final Fantasy IV (that's what I played it on so quiet!)
Nintendo DS: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
N64: Ocarina of Time.
Gameboy Advance: Yoshi's Island.
Playstation 2: Silent Hill 2.
PC: Guild Wars: Prophecies
Playstation 3: Skyrim.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
I like this twist.

PS Vita - Persona 4 Golden
[sub]Runner Up - Gravity Rush[/sub]

My absolute all time favorite game. Damn near flawless in my opinion, I love the story, the characters, the gameplay, just everything. And the music is the best video game soundtrack I've ever heard. I would elaborate further, but I've done it too many times before.

PS3 - The Last of Us
[sub]Runner Up - inFamous 2[/sub]

This emotional roller coaster was just fantastic. It took the done-to-death zombie apocalypse setting and somehow created a brilliant tale of companionship and brutality. The gameplay really reinforced just how brutal and difficult survival was in this world - which I loved.

PS2 - Kingdom Hearts
[sub]Runner Up - Ratchet and Clank 3[/sub]

This game was my childhood favourite. I replayed it countless times as a child and I still love it every bit as much today. The HD version that was released last year is just superb and I look forward to playing the rest of the series when 2.5 HD Remix comes out. I never would have thought a Disney and Final Fantasy mash up would work, but boy am I glad it did.

PC - Fallout: New Vegas
[sub]Runner Up - Dark Souls[/sub]

Really difficult to choose my favourites here, I have a ton of PC games I love. New Vegas wins for me because not only did it have the wonderful open world exploration of a Bethesda game, but it had good writing, some great characters and companions (<3 Veronica) and delicious dialogue choices. Oh such delicious dialogue, I am so glad I levelled my speech up in that game. So much more worth it than in the likes of Skyrim. Also it has some of the best expansion packs I've ever played.

PSP - Persona 3 Portable
[sub]Runner Up - Burnout Legends[/sub]

What can I say, I love these games. Part social simulator, part dungeon crawler, all awesome. The first two thirds of Persona 3 were definitely inferior to its successor, however it really came together in the final portion of the game. The ending is beautiful yet heartbreaking at the same time.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Not a problem.

1. Chrono Cross (ps2)
Yikes, that takes several others off the list. Oh well, I can go on.
2. Legend of Zelda: OoT (N64)
It's either that or Perfect Dark
3. Metal Gear Solid (gamecube)
Ha, thanks Twin Snakes I can get it on the list.
4. Tie Fighter (PC)
the Star Wars vector graphics game in the sit down cabinet with the steering yolk got me into gaming... this is a great tribute to that.

ugghhh, no great consoles left. I'll have to go with the best of the rest.
5. Metroid Prime 3 (wii)
HaHa... every other console is inferior to the Wii. But seriously, Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter get pretty close on this console too.

***Edit***

I'll admit it's an edit. I effed up, Chrono Cross is PSX not ps2. It was early, sorry. That's puts a lot of games back up for grabs (sorry Prime 3 and wii, you're off the list.) Guess I'll put Shadows of the Colossus up there between Zelda and MGS. If I were to go by amount of play, it would be GTA:SA, but gotta go with Colossus for epic quality.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
1) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC)
2) Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
3) BioShock (360)
4) Pokemon Silver (GBC)
5) No More Heroes (Wii)

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
KOTOR II- Xbox
GTA San Andreas- PS2
Mass Effect 2- Xbox 360
InFamous 2- PS3
Fallout: New Vegas- PC

That'll do pig, that'll do!

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
1. FFVII (PSX)
2. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
3. Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

Then there could be a few so I will just name 2 more

Soul Calibur (DC)
To the moon (PC)

That was pretty easy most of my favourite games are on different systems it seems and it doesnt effect my top 3 anyway.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
1. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
2. Half Life 2 (PC)
3. Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360)
4. Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita)
5. Phoenix Wright Trilogy (iPhone) - It may look like I'm cheating, but there's only one button on the screen so it's technically one game. One game split into three fantastic bits. I trust there are no objections, Mr Wright?

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Let's see here...

5. Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland- Game Boy Advanced. I've beaten this game more than other. I've lost track of how many times I've beaten this game. Being portable, easy, and really damn fun, it's easy to see why.

4. Metroid Prime- GameCube. Best Metroid. Ever.

3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker- Wii U. The first Zelda I managed to beat all by myself. Which isn't too impressive considering how easy it is. However, it gave me a feeling of adventure that few other games can. A large world dotted with islands that all have something to do on them. It also has the best Zelda aesthetic. (Yes. I changed it too Wii U so I could put Metroid Prime on the list.)

2. Persona 4 Golden- PS Vita. A friend of mine forced me to play the PS2 version a few months back. I'm very happy she did. Ever since I've been pretty obsessed with Shin Megami Tensei games. I beat SMT: 4 for the 3DS, Persona 4, Persona 4 Golden, and I'm currently working my way through Persona 3 FES. Though, I doubt any of them will hold a candle to how blown away I was by Persona 4.

1. Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening -PC. Played this game more than any other rpg. It was the first game I ever really gotten into the modding scene on. I've tried just about all the good mods and A LOT of the bad ones. Lastly, it's set in a fantastically built world. (Back when I didn't know most Qunari look like stupid demon people)

Edit: I didn't put any games in here that would require multiplayer for me to have fun. It'd look a lot different if I did that.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
The Walking Dead Season 1 (PC)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360)
Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
Pokemon Ruby (GBA)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (PS2)

I haven't really though too much about games on platforms that I no longer actively use, but I do love these games.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC)
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
Rogue Galaxy (PS2)
Skies of Arcadia (DC)
Desert Demolition (Sega Genesis)

I have been gaming for a while, so I may be forgetting some great games.

Ubiquitous Duck

Jan 16, 2014
Well... PC is going to be the hardest choice, but:

1. Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
2. Heavy Rain (PS3)
3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Nintendo DS)
4. Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)
5. Pokemon Snap (N64) (End on a silly answer.. teeheehee)

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Huh, nice twist OP, makes it a bit more interesting. In no particular order then

Sonic The Hedgehog 1 (SEGA Mega Drive)
Persona 4 (PS2)
Viva Pinata (Xbox 360)
Football Manager (PC)
Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast)

I tried to go with ones that are associated (if not exclusive) to one platform.

Mister Chippy

Jun 12, 2013
Megaman 2 (NES)
Kriby 64 (N64) (not actually the best game I ever played on N64, but still my personal favorite)
Megaman Battle Network (GBA) (all of them)
Either .Hack or Persona (PS2)
TF2 (PC)

Funny thing is I thought this would be challenging when I first read it since I'm primarily a PC gamer. Turns out I had trouble figuring out which consoles to even choose from.